It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Molecule That "Turns On Immortality Gene"!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Molecule That "Turns On Immortality Gene"!

members.beforeitsnews.com

A pioneering study published in the Rejuvenation Research Journal today shows that a natural Telomerase Activator... reduces the percentage of short telomeres in immune cells and restores and remodels the aging human immune system to be more like that of a younger individual.

When expressed (turned on), the gene (hTERT) located on Chromosome number 5p15.33 activates the enzyme telomerase. Human cells can keep living and dividing indefinitely when telomerase is continually present; i.e. the cells become immortal.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
faculty.plattsburgh.edu

www.nobelprize.org
www.nature.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Telomerase
Scientists reverse ageing in Mice!
Scientists Discover Gene That Prevents Aging

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Though there have been over 8000 articles on this subject, there has been only one peer reviewed study where humans were given the activator, with highly favorable results.

Now, considering the status quo for the FDA's approval process and the general geopolitical state of affairs, we may never hear another word about this. I suggest we don't let this breakthrough be forgotten.

members.beforeitsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Interesting, thanks for posting

I would never want immortality though, at least I don't think so
I don't think we were meant to be immortal with the amount of babies born everyday, but maybe the Annunaki did suppress such a gene.

I don't want to live forever, I just want to fly and and have see-through vision like superman

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
An article pushing pills?
I'm highly suspicious about that.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Yay.. I can live forever and deal with idiots for centuries...

No thanks, Im all for health while Im alive but I prefer a self limiting existence. It keeps me on my toes.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I wanna live forever, I wanna learn how to fly.

Seriously, I would seriously think about it. Although, I could never afford it and it will probably only available to the elites.

Sigh

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
I wanna live forever, I wanna learn how to fly.

Seriously, I would seriously think about it. Although, I could never afford it and it will probably only available to the elites.

Sigh

Immortal elites.. hmm, that self limiting existence thing just sounds better all the time....

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

I can be Captain Jack Harkness, how bout you ?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I dont want to be immortal. Immortality is curse... why would anyone want such a bad thing? Death is the way out. Death is what sets you free. Life is what limits you, you are limited by this... physical suit you were born to. If you want to live, free yourself from this body.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Think of what it will meen for space travel!!
Just turn your "live forever" gene and hop in your hypobaric chamber. See you in 2,000 years when we reach Gliesia 581D.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

But won't the bad genes keep working as usual and providing the organism with the same problems that exist today due to bad genes?

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

Ah yes, but that somber existence...being forced to see it all happen. Experiencing many lifetimes in just one, escaping the reincarnation cycle and tripling, quadrupling, quintupling your karmic experience...it all sounds so, fitting. There is something about watching humanity rise from infancy to god hood that piques my attention. There is something about the bitter sweet solitude of millions of years that sings to my very soul. There is, somewhere within, a being destined to outlast it all waiting and watching.

Immortality, a curse for some, yes. A curse for all, no.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
An imperfect being utilizing incomplete knowledge of a technology that's not perfected, and for what?...
All to immortalize the imperfections?
Yeah! That sounds like a good idea...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Does this mean I can eat food that actually taste good and do drugs that make me feel great without worrying about hurting my body? Where do I sign up? Wait, why would our government want thier citizens to enjoy life?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I like this (from TA Sciences FAQ section):

If TA-65 is a molecule coming from the Astragalus plant and Astragalus extracts are available in any vitamin shop, why not just buy those inexpensive commercial products?

To answer this question, we purchased four commonly available Astragalus extract products and had them tested to verify how much, if any, TA-65 is present. In all four cases, the testing lab could not detect any TA-65. Their assay is accurate to one part per million. This is not surprising because not only is the TA-65 molecule rare, but extraction processes used by Chinese processing companies normally destroy it. T.A. Sciences uses a proprietary production process that took years of research and over a million dollars to develop.

If TA-65 is a proprietary molecule, created in a lab so it could be patented, then why would you expect to find any of it in the Astragalus root? Also, Telomerase is an enzyme and like most other nutrients, will probably be destroyed whenever you cook, dry, age or process it. My advice: eat the root of the organically grown Astragalus (Membranaceus) plant raw.
edit on 21-6-2011 by monkcaw because: included plant genus

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Immortal eh?

I have some bullets that say otherwise.

Accidents will still happen, and people will still die from them.

Yet this is still interesting. Hopefully it won't cost an arm and a leg. But who knows, by then, we may be able to grow those arms and legs back!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkcaw
I like this (from TA Sciences FAQ section):

If TA-65 is a molecule coming from the Astragalus plant and Astragalus extracts are available in any vitamin shop, why not just buy those inexpensive commercial products?

To answer this question, we purchased four commonly available Astragalus extract products and had them tested to verify how much, if any, TA-65 is present. In all four cases, the testing lab could not detect any TA-65. Their assay is accurate to one part per million. This is not surprising because not only is the TA-65 molecule rare, but extraction processes used by Chinese processing companies normally destroy it. T.A. Sciences uses a proprietary production process that took years of research and over a million dollars to develop.

If TA-65 is a proprietary molecule, created in a lab so it could be patented, then why would you expect to find any of it in the Astragalus root? Also, Telomerase is an enzyme and like most other nutrients, will probably be destroyed whenever you cook, dry, age or process it. My advice: eat the root of the organically grown Astragalus plant raw.

It's their process that could be patented, they aren't creating the molecule .. they are just extracting it without destroying it ..

But I also don't know if I believe them... you can buy the suppliment, there's tons of brands out there.. you never know what you're going to get but I'm willing to bet the molecule does exist in at least some of these supplements.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Scientists and most people interested in longevity have been studying the "Telomere" for some time now. The length of these little guys, is literally our biological timeline. Each time they split, we are shortened in our lifespans.

Maybe that article some time back is right, those alive today who are 40 years or younger, may be able to live to one thousand.

Technology and organ cloning can also made great improvements.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It's not just telomere length that's important.

What about cancer?!

Cancer is the result of pathological, mutated genetic coding that couldn't be destroyed because the cell went immortal.

Forcing the cells to be immortal would likely be very, very bad unless it could be selectively activated in only the healthy cells.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I don't want to live forever.

I'm think'in, an extension.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join