It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO says lost drone helicopter in Libya.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

NATO says lost drone helicopter in Libya.

BRUSSELS — NATO said it lost radar contact with a drone helicopter conducting a reconnaissance flight over Libya on Tuesday, denying one of its attack helicopters had crashed.
The alliance's command centre in Naples, Italy, lost track of the unmanned autonomous helicopter drone at 0720 GMT, NATO military spokesman Mike Bracken said in a statement.
"This drone helicopter was performing intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance over Libya to monitor pro-Kadhafi forces threatening the civi.......(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 21-6-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Hmm this may be the first loss of being shot down or by mechanical failure. How many NATO aircraft were shot down or had a mechanical failure over the past three months? Keep in mind, this is a drone helicopter, not an attack helicopter.

I'm going to look more into this incident when this incident is done investigating for this. Was drone mostly from the US or no?

www.google.com...
edit on 21-6-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
perhaps the dne wasn't lost but its frequency was intercepted, reminds of the first stealth that apparently had engine failure back in the 90's.....at this point i will reply with an emo smiley

www.youtube.com...

I Can't Stand It, I Know You Planned It I'ma Set It Straight, This Watergate I Can't Stand Rockin' When I'm In Here 'Cause Your Crystal Ball Ain't So Crystal Clear So, While You Sit Back And Wonder Why I Got This #ing Thorn In My Side Oh My God, It's A Mirage I'm Tellin' Y'all It's Sabotage
edit on 21-6-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I guess it could be an EADS Orka which is I believe in service with France and might have been flown from the assault ships she has close to the Libyan coastline.

Rotary-wing UAV Orka.
Dimensions: Height 5.4m, Length 6.2m, Main Rotor Diameter 7.2m. Weights: Max Weight 680kg, Payload 180kg. Performance: Ceiling 11,811 ft, Endurance 8 hours, Top Speed 198 kph. Main Rotor Blades 4, 1 Engine.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Not an Orca.
The film I saw on the BBC website showed the wrecked craft having an open tail rotor.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

What are you guys talking about? This or other parts related due to mechanical failure?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Tail section looks like it;s from a Northrop Grumman Fire Scout.

Photo here.... www.telegraph.co.uk...

BBC video of wreked drone here... www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

Good. I heard that the RAF is getting their own unmanned aircraft. www.guardian.co.uk...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Could easily of been brought down by small arms fire (although I didn't see any tell tail bullet holes) or equally mechanical failure, even a bird strike or clipped a telephone wire - probably nothing very important, I bet they take pot shot's at those things every time they see one (I would tee hee) so sooner or later they would get a lucky shot in.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

Your right it does

Good catch

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Watch the video and see how they are trying to build fake reality. They are saying they are using helicopter drones to monitory pro-Qaddafi forces "threatening the civilian forces" lol, then they turn around facing the other side and say, we are sorry for killing civilians, but we are saving civilians through killing them.

Do they have no shame?

Qaddafi forces threatening civilian, but NATO dropping "11,000" bombs does not threaten civilians. Ohh GOD, this is like a nightmare, an annoying one. The worse part is, that people actually swallow this retarded propaganda.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

how do you get the youtube number btw? That's the thing i don't get it how to put a youtube video.

top topics

join