It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States was not founded in Christianity? I beg to differ.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by gentledissident

That the U.S. was founded in Christianity. I think I made that fairly obvious in my thread title.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

That's not what I'm asking. It's well known that the people who migrated to this land were Christian. What do you hope to accomplish by bringing this up?
edit on 23-6-2011 by gentledissident because: it's late

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Reply to post by gentledissident

To help people deny ignorance? Is that not what this site is about?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Reply to post by Durchlaucht

The facts disagree with you.

It is not my fault you choose ignorance.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Thank you for the kind words.

I did ask you to verify facts. If you choose not to, then who really is the sheeple?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

I did ask you to verify facts. If you choose not to, then who really is the sheeple?

The facts have been verified for you about 100 times on this very thread you idiot. You are the one that just keeps regurgitating what you percieve to be the truth. That is the problem with you "christians". You think you are right and that there is absolutley no way that you could ever ben wrong just because that is what you believe. Why cant you just believe what you want and let the rest of us be?? You are sheeple because you follow the herd. At least I have an original thought. Give it a try.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

The facts disagree with you.

It is not my fault you choose ignorance.

Facts?? What facts?? You have given nothing than your belief system and your oppinion. Just because you believe in the bible does not make it "fact". That would be like me picking up a copy of Red Riding Hood and claiming it is "fact" just because I read it and the book says so! So where is YOUR facts?????

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

help people deny ignorance

Nature's law and religious law has been long lost. It's the
the Constitution that 'is' the foundation of government, and
that too is becoming history.
btw
The original bible states that there are 613 commandments
from Moses. Obviously the New Testament has been
re-written and edited by humans.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Ok. Take one of my pieces of evidence that is not a fact, and prove it, instead of regurtitating your hateful drivel onto the internet.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Reply to post by ToneDeaf

On this I agree. It is sad.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

You know you threw me off the second you mentioned, Dominion, Agency and Possession, because it was Adam and Eve (so the story goes) and they did not know that they were naked or what sin was till eve was tricked to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil by the serpent, then she tricked adam into eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil aswell and when God returned to find that Adam and Eve were covering themselves because they were naked, he said to them, "how is it that you know you are naked!?" (something along those lines),

Adam admitted that eve had tricked him into eating, regardless God said to Adam, you will labour to earn your living, then God said to Eve, you will go through pain when you give birth and you will always be below man (again something along those lines) and he said to the serpent, i will take away from you your legs and arms and your belly will always touch the floor.

So now we have the beginning semi-sussed.

You say that in the begging, God creates man and then gives him dominion, agency and possession. You see if you read any of the whole books, you are actually witnessing the lead up to what created agency, dominion and possession, e.g When God says " Go Forth And Multiply", so our ancestors went across the globe increasing in size, to eventually lead to the population we have today.

Everything that is mentioned in the holy books has its divine purpose for us today and will probably be related in some way till the end of time (might be soon
) , if you crack down the invention of anything in the world you will find it was meant to happen because certain historical events lead to the thought of. (maybe not the more recent tech, or maybe it could if you look deep enough).

An Example of what i mean is, when God tells certain people to become king in order for another certain thing to happen and this is constant through out the whole thing, because all of the stories link in, if they didn't happen in the order they happened we probably would never have heard ofJesus.

So in a way your correct but it was wrong of you to say "in the beginning God made man and gave him dominion, agency and possesion" you wrong, this was a development that eventually came to be.

Peace
edit on 23-6-2011 by ShadowZion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Durchlaucht

The facts have been verified for you about 100 times on this very thread you idiot. You are the one that just keeps regurgitating what you percieve to be the truth. That is the problem with you "christians". You think you are right and that there is absolutley no way that you could ever ben wrong just because that is what you believe. Why cant you just believe what you want and let the rest of us be?? You are sheeple because you follow the herd. At least I have an original thought. Give it a try.

Have you not noticed that it is you who is the sheep, as you are the one following the new upcoming trend of atheism, have you not noticed how much they are trying to throw religion out the window in peoples lives through the media an example of this is in movies, if you dont know what im talking about, watch the film "Paul" about the alien, see how much they bash christianity.

This is why i stay away from comedies and the radio, they just play hidden satanic songs or bash a religion, which is the new trend and you need to be aware that that is the new trend, my friend.

IT IS YOU WHO IS THE SHEEP
OPEN YOUR EYES

PEACE

edit on 23-6-2011 by ShadowZion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You see Anne the thing is you are going to try and come to assumptions that fit the mood your in,

as i like to say (and i know other people say it too) "if you go searching for something, you surely will find it"

You have made yourself, convinced yourself that the bible is evil, but it has only looked evil because you want it to be, i find in that book the ways of life and the way civilizations were formed, the love we should all share together and to worship life and love etc.....

however not once, did the idea of bible bashing cross my mind for a second, now you may say that i am being one sided, however the fact that i can already predict what your most likely about to say to me proves that i am not being, because i like to look at something, analyze it, try to understand it and then not come to my own conclusion but let its conclusion come to me.

you shouldn't bash any religious book because what if you are wrong?

We all are here, as clueless as the next of us, but there is one thing for sure...........

WE AINT NO MONKEYS

PEACE

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowZion

Calm your defensive biblical rhetoric and stay on topic; you might find your opinion to become magically respected. You sound like a member of WBC.
edit on 23-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

WE AINT NO MONKEYS

I detect a misunderstanding of evolution.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExistentialNightmare

WE AINT NO MONKEYS

I detect a misunderstanding of evolution.

How dare you! Where did you learn this? In those godless schools that teach you facts?! "I don't understand this, and I won't have my children understanding it either!"

edit on 23-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowZion
You have made yourself, convinced yourself that the bible is evil, . . .

Really? And where exactly did I say or even imply the bible is evil?

What I always say about the bible is: "there is truth in the bible - but the bible is not truth"

Many Atheists become Atheist because of the search for God. Real research shows there is nothing that supports Christianity. It is a created mythological belief. There is a man - a real man (or an accumulation of men) that is the source of this myth.

Our Founding Fathers were philosophical - - - many of their principle beliefs can coincide with some teachings in the bible - - but it is about the philosophy itself - - not the bible.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

And yet the very founding fathers that you quoted say different.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join