It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LulzSec teams up with Anonymous

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Hey I think we will have our answer in the next couple minutes... Check out the lulzsec twitter

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
reply to post by JacKatMtn

SOUNDS LIKE A ROUND UP
what you do is allow these groups some publisity
then create a cooler than you persona
then anounce anyone can join
the idea is to round up people who could be helpful idiots

xp

For a second there I thought you were talking about ats. Anyway, this news about LulzSec and Anonymous should be taken with a grain of salt. Anonymous is everyone and anyone. Think Spartacus.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

SOUNDS LIKE A ROUND UP
what you do is allow these groups some publisity
then create a cooler than you persona
then anounce anyone can join
the idea is to round up people who could be helpful idiots

xp

For a second there I thought you were talking about ats. Anyway, this news about LulzSec and Anonymous should be taken with a grain of salt. Anonymous is everyone and anyone. Think Spartacus.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Anyone can be anon but there's a group of hackers that operate under the name of anonymous

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
just thinking about what mb said....

walmart owns like 40% of the retail WORLD

no one could ignore a hack like that

no matter how many banks you hit, I won't be affected, but hit Walmart...

now THAT would be interesting

hell I got at least 3 of them within a 10 mile radius of my house

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

Not much would make me happier than to see Walmart going down to computer failure. I worked there and that entire company is one big computer failure away from mayhem.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

4800 websites lost after aussie hack!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
'We encourage, any vessel, large or small' hmm what are these guys referring too, Possibly EvE Online, these Lulzsec guys remind me alot of Goonswarm.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

I agree with you. I just don't think there is enough to say it yet, without the smiley face.

I am certain we will find out very shortly though.

I think there is nothing to it. The government are NOT that good at doing these things.

If anything they'd be obvious, in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanishr

They're referring to the The Lulz Boat, which they're also known as. A large portion of this press release and many of their others use the boat/ocean imagery.

Plenty of mystery in this story, but none in that particular language I'm afraid.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
lulzsec == anti Obama government employees trying to incite the Obama administration to enacting laws to control the Internet then under those laws another group will make it look like the democrats are trying to stop the republicans from using the Internet to get votes.

Then the republicans can use it in the next election

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
These groups aren't government controlled. DDoS attacking and low-level hacking is all that they do. There has not been one single ''operation'' that they have conducted which has had any significance, nor any repercussions beyond a few minor, easily forgettable ripples.

They are just spotty kids and a bunch of other social outcasts with ''issues'' who like to indulge in these activities to gain a sense of belonging and purpose.

The constant repetitive slang and ''memes'' are tell-tale signs of disenfranchised and disillusioned people who desperately want to be part of a group; this is an attempt to mimic real-life social constructs and create this ''language'' to belong and feel like they are something other than zitty teenagers with awkward social skills.

Surely no one believes that our respective government's agencies are this unsuccessful and ineffective ?!

edit on 20-6-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

Dont you think that, this is exactly what they want YOU to think! If such groups arent govt agents or supported in hidden sight... how can they give a reason to protect users from their so called attacks? Problem-Reaction-Solution.

Govt has to terrorize the masses in order to make them WANT the new laws! How could they otherwise implement the Patriot Act and make the masses accept to give their freedoms away??? Blow the sh#t out of them! Let them FEAR and this will cause them plead for PROTECTION!

It is over with your internet freedom.... say goodbye to it... You wont be able to protect it. Internet has been created by TPTB and they can do with it whatever they want. A creator is the owner of his creation, thus gives him the freedom to do with it whatever pleases him.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I found this being relevant to some of the above posters.

The main anti-LulzSec argument suggests that we're going to bring down more Internet laws by continuing our public shenanigans, and that our actions are causing clowns with pens to write new rules for you. But what if we just hadn't released anything? What if we were silent? That would mean we would be secretly inside FBI affiliates right now, inside PBS, inside Sony... watching... abusing...

Source: lulzsecurity.com...

After reading their press release, I'm not sure what to think about this group, other than it's a bunch of kids.

I also found this on the channel 4 news twitter.

channel4news Channel 4 News 19-year-old suspected of being mastermind behind computer hacking group LulzSec arrested in Wickford, Essex. #c4news

Source: twitter.com/#!/channel4news

After some digging, I found the official report from the U.K. Metropolitan Police website.

Officers from the Metropolitan Police Central e-Crime Unit (PCeU) have arrested a 19-year-old man in a pre-planned intelligence-led operation.

The arrest follows an investigation into network intrusions and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks against a number of international business and intelligence agencies by what is believed to be the same hacking group.

The teenager was arrested on suspicion of Computer Misuse Act, and Fraud Act offences and was taken to a central London police station, where he currently remains in custody for questioning.

Searches at a residential address in Wickford, Essex, following the arrest last night have led to the examination of a significant amount of material. These forensic examinations remain ongoing.

The PCeU was assisted by officers from Essex Police and have been working in co-operation with the FBI.

Source: content.met.police.uk...
edit on 6/21/2011 by digitalbluco because: spelling correction

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
The robots are everywhere, run a strong anti malware daily!
edit on 04/28/2011 by 4Starlight2Decay0 because: had to waRN THE OTHERS!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Thread about Lulzsec having UK census data

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-6-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Didn't the president have a big closed door meeting with all of the heads of the internet world recently.

Doerr, a partner in the venture capital firm of Kleiner Perkins Caufield and Byers, hosted a private dinner for the President with a stellar list of attendees including Mark Zuckerberg, founder and CEO of Facebook; Steve Jobs, Chairman and CEO of Apple, John Chambers, CEO of Cisco Systems; Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle; Reed Hastings, CEO of Netflix; Carol Bartz, CEO and President of Yahoo; Dick Costolo, CEO of Twitter; Art Levinson, Chairman of Genentech; Eric Schmidt, CEO of Google; state controller Steve Wesley, and Stanford University President John Hennessy.

Except for Twitter's Costolo, all of the guests belong to TechNet, an advocacy group started in the Silicon Valley in 1997

Ladies and Gentlemen, meet Anonymous/LulzSec. They work for your goverment.

link
TechNet

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4Starlight2Decay0
The robots are everywhere, run a strong anti malware daily!
edit on 04/28/2011 by 4Starlight2Decay0 because: had to waRN THE OTHERS!

Hell yaa ha the lulzsec botnet is huge

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Dudes. Main Anon members are the same as Lulzsec.

This is a joke. They were outted as such.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
According to LulzSec twitter feed this kid isn't affiliated with them

LulzSec The Lulz Boat
Seems the glorious leader of LulzSec got arrested, it's all over now... wait... we're all still here! Which poor bastard did they take down?

AnonyOps chimes in:

@AnonyOps
Anonymous
@danielhewitt they knew he wasn't the ringleader but they probably have enough evidence on others now

edit on 6/21/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Can LulzSec + Gang wipe out our debts (credit cards, mortgages, etc.)?

It's the low-to-middle income people that are suffering in this world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join