It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LulzSec teams up with Anonymous

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

LulzSec teams up with Anonymous

technolog.msnbc.msn.com

Hacking group LulzSec says it's now working with Anonymous, best-known for its denial-of-service attacks on Visa and MasterCard, which halted online donations during the WikiLeaks controversy.
LulzSec, also known as LulzBoat, announced its "Operation Anti-Security," said on PasteBin:
We encourage any vessel, large or small, to open fire on any government or agency that crosses their path. We fully endorse the flaunting of the word "AntiSec" on any government website defacement or physical graffiti art. ... To increase efforts, we are now teaming up with the Anonymous collective and all
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Shocking!

Well not really, I am no fan of either entity and who's to say they weren't affiliated anyways since anon is anon, right?

Lots of speculation as to the motives and who are behind the groups, and I guess we will see where this is all taking us.

My strongest concerns are that these two will be the causation of (at least in the US), the government stepping in with new legislation to protect the citizens from groups such as these..

technolog.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
New Headline:

Lulzsec turns out to be Government operatives, crackdown on Anonymous members net 55 people in sweeping arrests.

Kidding...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
how can somone ally them self with an idea? you are not anonymous I am not anonymous, everyone is anonymous.... Anonymous is an idea people share, its not a fixed group of people. if a small group claim to be anonymous, they are just a group that shares the idea of a lot of people...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Don't laugh, though I tend to think both are tied to the government..

This whole sequence of Anon / LulzSEC activity smells of Cass Sunstein..

IMO of course..

edit on Mon, 20 Jun 2011 19:29:38 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: clarity

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I agree with you. I just don't think there is enough to say it yet, without the smiley face.

I am certain we will find out very shortly though.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
reply to post by boncho

Don't laugh, though I tend to think both are tied to the government..

This whole sequence of Anon / LulzSEC activity smells of Cass Sunstein..

IMO of course..

edit on Mon, 20 Jun 2011 19:29:38 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: clarity

you read my mind
get one group to piss everyone else off
then asociate them with annon
and wham they are all evil hackers

crack down
text book play

xp

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Was browsing twitter before when I saw this:

Lulzsec and anonymous declare open war against all governments and fat cats

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
LulzSec and Anon were never opposed to each other. The real story here is AntiSec, which involves far more than just LulzSec and Anon, but anyone and everyone who's willing to join in!

As yourmaker put it on my thread about the same subject:

potential internet vigilante cyber civil war. first of its kind in history and sounds hilarious

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Look out peons!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I don't believe this for one second. Hacker groups don't do this. Anon. does not need Lulzsec.

I'm sorry but I just don't buy this. How convenient that a group of cyber thugs wants to team up with a bunch of anonymous people who appear to have a decent cause.

This is starting to play out like a bad comic book. lulzsec is a bunch of gov. goons trying to soil anonymous' name, while simultaneously paving the way for internet censorship.

edit on 6/20/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

pretty much, and pure speculation on my part..

When did Lulz Sec jump on the scene? post Sunstein's vow to take on those on the internet that dare to question the government?

With Anon, they have been around awhile.. and have done some things, but nothing that rises to the level of this recent activity... challenging NATO.. stealing information and I remember something about Anon supporting the Arab spring, which is fine, but tied into the recent news that the US gov't has spent up to $250Million in a suitcase internet effort to spread the word in oppressed countries.... things that make you go hmmmmm

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

"Top priority is to steal and leak any classified government information, including email spools and documentation. Prime targets are banks and other high-ranking establishments."

Well, as the authorities keep insisting to us, if we have nothing to hide then we have nothing to fear.

As for the union of lulz / anon - not too sure about this, but time will tell eh?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I bet they made it official with an internet high-five

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

We encourage any vessel, large or small, to open fire on any government or agency that crosses their path. We fully endorse the flaunting of the word "AntiSec" on any government website defacement or physical graffiti art. ... To increase efforts, we are now teaming up with the Anonymous collective and all affiliated battleships.

Well good for them....
but I don't think its real, and if it is real, it won't last
This could very well be the official turning point of "where things went wrong"
When was Anonymous corrupted, when they agreed to work with Lulzsec....
just a theory

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Salutations Lulz Lizards,

As we're aware, the government and whitehat security terrorists across the world continue to dominate and control our Internet ocean. Sitting pretty on cargo bays full of corrupt booty, they think it's acceptable to condition and enslave all vessels in sight. Our Lulz Lizard battle fleet is now declaring immediate and unremitting war on the freedom-snatching moderators of 2011.

Welcome to Operation Anti-Security (#AntiSec) - we encourage any vessel, large or small, to open fire on any government or agency that crosses their path. We fully endorse the flaunting of the word "AntiSec" on any government website defacement or physical graffiti art. We encourage you to spread the word of AntiSec far and wide, for it will be remembered. To increase efforts, we are now teaming up with the Anonymous collective and all affiliated battleships.

Whether you're sailing with us or against us, whether you hold past grudges or a burning desire to sink our lone ship, we invite you to join the rebellion. Together we can defend ourselves so that our privacy is not overrun by profiteering gluttons. Your hat can be white, gray or black, your skin and race are not important. If you're aware of the corruption, expose it now, in the name of Anti-Security.

Top priority is to steal and leak any classified government information, including email spools and documentation. Prime targets are banks and other high-ranking establishments. If they try to censor our progress, we will obliterate the censor with cannonfire anointed with lizard blood.

It's now or never. Come aboard, we're expecting you...

History begins today.

Lulz Security

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
These groups aren't government controlled. DDoS attacking and low-level hacking is all that they do. There has not been one single ''operation'' that they have conducted which has had any significance, nor any repercussions beyond a few minor, easily forgettable ripples.

They are just spotty kids and a bunch of other social outcasts with ''issues'' who like to indulge in these activities to gain a sense of belonging and purpose.

The constant repetitive slang and ''memes'' are tell-tale signs of disenfranchised and disillusioned people who desperately want to be part of a group; this is an attempt to mimic real-life social constructs and create this ''language'' to belong and feel like they are something other than zitty teenagers with awkward social skills.

Surely no one believes that our respective government's agencies are this unsuccessful and ineffective ?!

edit on 20-6-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
what if Lulzsec is just trying to prove the point that
ANYONE CAN CLAIM TO BE ANONYMOUS
anyone come across an official response from anonymous on this issue, be sure to post it here

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

When did Lulz Sec jump on the scene? post Sunstein's vow to take on those on the internet that dare to question the government?

Don't forget that lulzsec has been going into .gov sites and there has been no much movement from the other side. Seems like a good way to build a name for a group though (to develop a following).

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

SOUNDS LIKE A ROUND UP
what you do is allow these groups some publisity
then create a cooler than you persona
then anounce anyone can join
the idea is to round up people who could be helpful idiots

the newbs get smashed and arrested
the pupet masters go back to defending the nation
and attacking their own infrastructure to increase their own budgets

i feel that this is to track anyone wanting to help

no actions without outcomes
problem reaction solution

this will lead to a lot of plebs being hurt
ps im a pleb

xp

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

These groups aren't government controlled. DDoS attacking and low-level hacking is all that they do. There has not been one single ''operation'' that they have conducted which has had any significance, nor any repercussions beyond a few minor, easily forgettable ripples. They are just spotty kids and a bunch of other social outcasts with ''issues'' who like to indulge in these activities to gain a sense of belonging and purpose.

What would you say the real world equivalent is... Spray painting tags on businesses? That has been used by cities all around to stiffen regulations, create anti-vandalism fines, and also use public money to pay for clean-up contractors.

If even there was no direct collusion with gov agents, these groups are still being used by them one way or the other. But seeing that 1 out of 4 of them go turncoat when they are caught, I'm guessing quite a few of them are influenced by gov.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join