It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court Rules US Taxpayers, Not BP Or Transocean, Are Liable For Gulf Oil Spill Clean Up Costs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
somebody seriously need to talk to that judge. this is injustice, you don't cause a catastrophe in a country and just leave to let them pick up the pieces and mourn their dead loved ones. only the USA can do that.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Well, I can't say I'm surprised. Just like I'm not surprised that the news isn't reporting this. I never believed to Gulf spill to be an "accident" anyways, I always felt it was a staged event that got out of hand.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
just one words.

pigs.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
In modern day America how can a company possibly be held liable, they are running the show, thats plain as day.

Picture the American public holding their hands out and in a little bowl of water is a tiny oil rig

"May I have some more sir?"

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
What a kick in the teeth to the american tax payer -Money talks corporations run america now

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

These are teh Conservative Courts the baggers always wanted. Why on EARTH they think they are going to rule for anything other than a corporate takeover of the U.S. displays just how ignorant and uninformed they are.

It's kind of fun watching America go down the toilet.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
How long are you bitches gonna keep takin this ???

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
even tax money cant clean up there mess, they have created a econmical disaster in our gulf and have made many more in the past. The oceans are pulluted, if you want a great documentary on this bp oil spill it shows day to day how and what happened they sprayed dispersents at the bottem of the ocean were the leak was never before had dispersents been sprayed underneath the oceean only always above. Also they sprayed some concrete mix and garbage to stop the leak & ended up spraying it all down there as well.... these chemicals will destroy the oceans.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Every person in New Orleans should be rioting right now. The fact that this judge has ruled in favor of BP and not the citizens is seriously insane. Yeah, let the poor tax payers pay off the ecological disaster that billionaires caused, it's what we do every day, slave for the few...Seriously, when are we going to organize and use our intelligence and beat these greedy people at their game?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I cannot believe that we are still in the pot, here fellow frogs.

What is it going to take for us to get pissed enough to do something to take back our democracy?

And I don't mean the BS Tea Bag Shuffle, I mean French Revolution style.

This is outrageous, and yet, here we are, pissing and moaning about it, without any thought to what it really means.

Look up Fascism.

State plus Corporate power.

This is the death knell of our democracy.

I guess the shiny boxes will have to stop working before anyone lifts a finger to save it, and by then, we'll all be speaking Mandarin Chinese.

We get what we deserve...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

It's not obvious our system is corrupt.(note heavy sarcasm)

Kill the earth for a cheap buck, they do not care of anything else. To some individuals money is all that matters, shows how mentally inferior the general human population is.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I was involved with the cleanup since it began. The cleanup will be ongoing for years to come. The dispersant they sprayed didn't disperse anything. It made the oil sink to the ocean floor. Oil and tar balls will be washing up on shore for years.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

The general human population did not do this. A hand full of greedy ego maniacs decided to go beyond the confines of safety to drill in places they could barely access. We can beat these greedy sob's, we just have to figure out how.

As Jim Morrison once sang 'They got the guns, but, we got the numbers. Gonna win, yeah, we're taking over.'

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Whats wrong with you people. I debunked this claim on page 2.

This was posted on a blog somewhere and no one really even looked to see if it was real or not.

Sounds too crazy to be true and it is.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
So if you took a container of poison and dumped it into the Gulf of Mexico, then put the lid back on the container......

This Federal Judge says no one can sue you for damages/death since the cap is back on the bottle.

Absolutely wow........

We should be bombing England over this.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Pretty amazing that this went unnoticed? 100,000 claims and they were basically said "Tough S?"

I wonder if that judge has any shares in BP.
edit on 20-6-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

Not yet, but they are sure to come after this ruling! Payday!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
So if you took a container of poison and dumped it into the Gulf of Mexico, then put the lid back on the container......

This Federal Judge says no one can sue you for damages/death since the cap is back on the bottle.

Absolutely wow........

We should be bombing England over this.

see how people ignore you or do not read?

they love the drama,,

/sigh

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I wonder how much deep in oil money is the district court to be ruling like that or how much in briberies they took, I say the people should demand the records of the court judges and dig dip to find the links.

Dirty bastard crocks all of them.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The sickening thing is that the innane Royal wedding was on the tube at the same time this was going on.

I hope the American Sheeple enjoyed it, becasue you paid for every bloody rose in the thing.

Outrageous.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mudbeed
Whats wrong with you people. I debunked this claim on page 2.

This was posted on a blog somewhere and no one really even looked to see if it was real or not.

Sounds too crazy to be true and it is.

Went back and read your post.

Well said.

Lots of Knee jerking (including myself).

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join