It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Calling U.S. out on its Nuclear disaster

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
the report in the article is a report from Sorcha FAAL a known hoaxer..

the facts in the article NOT in the report are still there and there IS blackout on this disaster.
EDIT

The Omaha Public Power District is saying on their website
“This terminology is not accurate, and is not how emergencies at nuclear power plants are classified.”

yet there is a no fly zone over the plants. and the exposed cooling pools are flooded. meaning they are essentialing using the river to cool the rods - I would not be swimming in the Missouri anytime soon. and the crops well I know farmers pump that water in for their crops and cattle so I will surely be watching for 3 eyed fish and cattle with no ears. who eats the ears anyway no use for em i suppose.

According to this report, the Fort Calhoun Nuclear Plant suffered a “catastrophic loss of cooling” to one of its idle spent fuel rod pools on 7 June after this plant was deluged with water caused by the historic flooding of the Missouri River which resulted in a fire causing the Federal Aviation Agency (FAA) to issue a “no-fly ban” over the area.

No fly-ban... but its all good..

Russian atomic scientists in this FAAE report, however, say that this OPPD statement is an “outright falsehood” as all nuclear plants in the world operate under the guidelines of the International Nuclear and Radiological Event Scale (INES) which clearly states the “events” occurring at the Fort Calhoun Nuclear Power Plant do, indeed, put it in the “Level 4” emergency category of an “accident with local consequences” thus making this one of the worst nuclear accidents in US history.

Though this report confirms independent readings in the United States of “negligible release of nuclear gasses” related to this accident it warns that by the Obama regimes censoring of this event for “political purposes” it risks a “serious blowback” from the American public should they gain knowledge of this being hidden from them.

International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) states that the Obama regime has ordered a “total and complete” news blackout relating to any information regarding the near catastrophic meltdown of the Fort Calhoun Nuclear Power Plant located in Nebraska.

so the U.S. is just as bad as Japan in their false reporting and cover ups of Nuclear incidents.

stay safe over there,

here is a site I found for radiation monitoring in the area - Omaha, NE Real Time Radiation Monitoring

Source
edit on 6/20/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/20/2011 by -W1LL because: Link no worky

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
What do we know, we are just a bunch of conspiracy theorists.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Well this has been going on for a while now
and even though some people have mentioned it
it never made the news. They have been leaking
radioactive substances to the river for some time
and saying everything is under control.

Either you take the bait like most people do or you search deeper to get no answers.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This is being discussed in numerous threads by now..

One ATSer in one of the numerous threads tied the original article back to Sorcha Faal who is notorious for his fear mongering and hoaxing..

Without some CREDIBLE reports on the matter I don't give it much weight if Faal has any connection to it at all..

From all I can find, the Omaha plant is fine.. the risk they were concerned about was water getting in and they built berms to prevent that. The berms were built up enough to support an additional 10 feet of water but as of last report the river rise was easing so they averted the need to shut down the plant. Had the river continued to rise, they would have begun shut down procedures..

This is all fear mongering.

edit on 20-6-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
OMG We have 4 melt downs and 1 "Problematic" recator in the states. We are really ripping a new one for old mother earth

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Star & flagged this.

I haven't really got anything to add. I'm not from the states so I'm unsure if and what is being reported. All I can say is the word Nuclear scares the living hell out of me. It seems that nowhere is safe these days, the power plants seem so unsafe it's unreal.

With Germany abandoning nuclear power within the next 11 years, it seems that nothing is safe.

What happens if the World completely scraps nuclear power? Do we already have an alternative power source or will we all become totally reliant on other current energy sources such as wind and tide.

If the World believes that with all of the technology and minds available that we couldn't all come together and figure out a clean, recyclable source of energy, they are sadly mistaken.

It's just hard to comprehend that TPTB know what we are doing to our beloved planet by using oil, coal and nuclear but don't seem to be doing anything to completely wipe out these sources of energy. I understand that there is so much money in these damaging sources, but why couldn't we come up with a new system which would give a similar return for renewable energy, a tax if you will so that all parties benefit while healing the World and producing the power we need.

Okay that was a little more than "not much to add"

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It's a bunch of false information.. after the Japan disaster, people jump all over this kind of stuff even if there's no basis in fact.. a known hoaxer writes up an article and it goes down hill from there..

A simple ATS search will yield you several threads already talking about it and all of the relevant information .. people seem to avoid the search button like it's the plague

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
First off

I'm not going to defend the "Obama Regimes" [Nice wording by the way
] actions if this is true however, the Russians have ZERO room to talk about news blackouts and cover-ups over nuclear disasters. They hid from the world not for hours or days but for over a week before they reported their disaster at Chernobyl meanwhile surrounding countries livestock were contaminated and many had to be destroyed not to mention all the people affected. So excuse me for being a bit jaded while I point out their over the top hypocrisy.

AND Lastly: This plant hasn't Exploded and spewed crap everywhere like over in Japan or Chernobyl. Hell, they even state it was "Negligible"

edit on 20-6-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Dont worry. The public is just a sea of boobs with little clue.

You can pull this much wool without a second thought.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

No it certainly hasn't .. I'm not saying the plant is not at risk but there's currently no disaster at that plant on any level. The problem is, at least with the last update I saw.. the water level rose to just shy of 18 inches from it's max before the plant would be forced to shut down. Shutting down would be to avert any issues that would happen as a result of water coming in.

The river has to hit 900 feet, the plant is at 903 feet .. the river rose to 900.56 feet on Sunday and then dropped back down a bit. The plant is currently operating at 100% capacity with no problems.

Again .. fear mongering... they may end up having to shut down the plant if water rises, which so far it's not.. it's receding slowly.. and shutting it down isn't a disaster, but it's steps to prevent one..

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
RSOE EDIS

Level 4- A fire in an electrical switch room on Tuesday briefly knocked out cooling for a pool holding spent nuclear fuel at the Fort Calhoun nuclear plant outside Omaha, Neb., plant officials said. The safety of deep pools used to store used radioactive fuel at nuclear plants has been an issue since the accident at Japan's Fukushima nuclear plant in March. If the cooling water a pool is lost, the used nuclear fuel could catch fire and release radiation. As ProPublica reported earlier, fire safety is a continuing concern at the country's 104 commercial reactors, as is the volume of spent fuel piling up at plants. Officials at Fort Calhoun said the situation at their plant came nowhere near to Fukushima's. They said it would have taken 88 hours for the heat produced by the fuel to boil away the cooling water. Workers restored cooling in about 90 minutes, and plant officials said the temperature in the pool only increased by two degrees. The fire, reported at 9:30 a.m., led to the loss of electrical power for the system that circulates cooling water through the spent fuel pool, according to a report from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. A chemical fire suppression system discharged, and the plant's fire brigade cleared smoke from the room and reported that the fire was out at 10:20 a.m., the NRC said. Mike Jones, a spokesman for the plant's owner, the Omaha Public Power District, said Fort Calhoun has a backup pump to provide water to the spent fuel in case the main system is lost. That pump, which runs on a separate power supply from the rest of the plant, was inspected and standing by on Tuesday, but plant operators restored main power to the pool before the emergency pump was needed, he said. Fort Calhoun's single reactor has been shut down since April for refueling. The plant had already been operating under a heightened level of alert because of nearby flooding on the Missouri River, the NRC said. The cause of the fire remained under investigation this morning.

I can remember pointing this same thing out about Fukushima. Back when folks were questioning that too.
edit on 20-6-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
This is being discussed in numerous threads by now..

One ATSer in one of the numerous threads tied the original article back to Sorcha Faal who is notorious for his fear mongering and hoaxing..

Without some CREDIBLE reports on the matter I don't give it much weight if Faal has any connection to it at all..

From all I can find, the Omaha plant is fine.. the risk they were concerned about was water getting in and they built berms to prevent that. The berms were built up enough to support an additional 10 feet of water but as of last report the river rise was easing so they averted the need to shut down the plant. Had the river continued to rise, they would have begun shut down procedures..

This is all fear mongering.

this is NOT a false alarm Or from Sorcha FAAL

I have been watching this since it started with a no fly zone.
and have posted threads on it.
Midwest Floods: Both Nebraska Nuke Stations Threatened

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL

here is a site I found for radiation monitoring in the area - Omaha, NE Real Time Radiation Monitoring

Your link for this wasn't working, so here's a fixed link, ...

Omaha, NE Real Time Radiation Monitoring

(Ooops, seems like I can't get the link to work either, so here's the address to the website, ...
http://(nolink)/net2/Omaha-NE-Real-Time-US-Radiation-Monitoring-Graph.aspx )

(Strange, can't even get the address to copy on here?

Anyway just google "Omaha-NE-Real-Time-US-Radiation-Monitoring-Graph" if you want to see the graphs

And after looking at the graphs on this site, everything appears to be pretty normal there.
edit on 6/20/2011 by Keyhole because: Link doesn't work

edit on 6/20/2011 by Keyhole because: See above

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Without a link to the report from Russia’s Federal Atomic Energy Agency this is bunk...ATS is better than this, surely?

I find no reference to it on their webpage:

www.nti.org...

Did find this though...

www.whatdoesitmean.com...

HOAX

edit on 20/6/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
6.5 earthquake in chile just now

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

True but here's the deal....

The story is bogus however in this modern world with the World Wide Web being everywhere this type of BS will be read by possibly millions around the globe and take it at face value and wont bother with independent verification [which would expose it as BS] will then turn around and say that those who deny it are brain washed sheeple etc etc etc

edit on 20-6-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

thank
you the other poster should have said this report was a hoax.

no matter at least this is getting attention it is a big deal and has potential to leak radiation into the rivers and air if its not already..

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole

thanks for that i found a new link... and added it to the OP

miniatus and chad I fixed th eOP to note Sorcha FAAL thanks

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Still don't see how there's a blackout...

US plants on flood alert
20 June 2011

Record water levels in the Missouri River have put two nuclear power plants in Nebraska on flood alert. Additional flood prevention measures have been taken at the Fort Calhoun and Cooper plants.

www.world-nuclear-news.org...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Is that why the government has done drills clear up into OH, WV, and KY?? Were they expecting radiation issues that far? Or evacuees to go that far?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join