It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

vegan diet cures cancer++other diseases

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
some of you guys are critical!

lol

i am a vegan at heart, i love all of my brothers and sisters in the animal kingdom

so i eat salmon once a month, i thank the salmon for hooking me up and i forgive myself...

i dunno if i need the nutrients or if it's the taste i crave..

i'm not perfect...

i am a work in progress, striving to be all loving and all that jazz

i will tell you that dairy is hardcore on the human body...you see cows milk is desgined for...

drumroll...

baby cows

yep, that is cow milk...not human milk

cow milk is not sweet, came from grass...

human milk is sweet, fruit is sweet...

getting somewhere

hugs

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
when you eat fish your only eating pre-digested worms and insects. if you ask a farm,er what gives turkey and chicken its taste... they'll say its the feed. fish taste like worms.
edit on 23-6-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gougitousakusha
when you eat fish your only eating pre-digested worms and insects. if you ask a farm,er what gives turkey and chicken its taste... they'll say its the feed. fish taste like worms.

Whaaaaat? Fish tastes nothing like worms. Doubt fish eat a whole lot of worms, unless it's the one you used to catch it. Christ man, throw a haddock filet in the broiler for ten mins, no less, no longer. Thing comes out tasting like butter. Damn good eating!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

some of you guys are critical!

No one's being critical.

You created a thread about how being vegan/vegetarian cures cancer, a lot of people in the beginning posted responses that point out the falsehood of the statement. We then later learn that you're neither vegan nor vegetarian at all to even begin with. You're really nothing more than a hypocritical wannabe that can't be bothered to do what you preach. Sad really.

i am a vegan at heart, i love all of my brothers and sisters in the animal kingdom

Yup, and as we discovered, you love them on your plate like the rest of us.

i dunno if i need the nutrients or if it's the taste i crave..

It's both due to the fact that the human body requires it. Having free will and the ability to make a conscious choice does not inherently mean you should go against what your body requires. You can eat junk food all day, sit on your lazy buttocks, and never exercise and still live a full life. Doesn't mean you should or that it's healthy for you.

i will tell you that dairy is hardcore on the human body...you see cows milk is desgined for...

It's about time you said something that WAS true!

human milk is sweet, fruit is sweet...

Eh.. depends on what she eats. I don't like it if she's eaten onions and garlic.
yum yum in my tum tum, back off kid, daddy's boobies!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
iv never had fish, have you ever tried worms? but i guess worms would be full of b12 so then so would the fish.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gougitousakusha

B12 is found in microorganisms in soil and water. Fish live in water feed of marine life there infested with these microorganisms that produce b12. Same goes for land animals. So its the bacteria that are in the organisms they eat which contains the vitamin. I don't think that fish munch on earthworms all day.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

iv never had fish, have you ever tried worms? but i guess worms would be full of b12 so then so would the fish.

Fish don't eat worms unless you use it as bait. I have had worms, ants, crickets and grasshopper. Fish taste nothing like worms. You should consider adding fish to your diet, it's healthy and chock full of many nutrients that are a pain to find from any plant source, at least in the same quantities.

Still trying to figure out where to buy insects for consumption. Might just end up raising meal worms to start with. Shame our western culture considers such food to be unclean and gross when it's part of 80% of the worlds diet.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

have you tried a pet store?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

reply to post by sirnex

have you tried a pet store?

I haven't gotten any from there for myself, no. Only for some frogs and turtles I used to own. Never tried rearing insects before, not sure how hard/easy it would be. I want to try tarantula and giant water bug.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

hi sirnex,

i'm not going to argue with you...

call me names? ok, lol

i am who i am and i know what i know...

do we need to label people and/or diets?

i guess labeling diets works..

anyways,, it is true that you are what you eat..

eat live/raw/organic plant based foods and your temple will be pure and full of life!

in my opinion people can eat whatever they want, i'm just showing another way

much love to ALL of you, i love you

thank you

namaste'

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
my wife is going ALL raw for at least the summer!

awesome...

she is a fruitarian...

inspiring,, she is full of life!

i'm gonna start going more raw sunday evening...it's a little harder for me because i have school and work (when i have work) harder to eat raw foods when away from home....i gotta pack up!

lol

let's see how it goes!

anyone else gonna try it out??

hugs

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
anyone else watch the movie?

feel free to share with your loved ones, may save a life

thank you

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Plant eaters have long stomachs, meat eaters have short stomachs, humans have long stomachs,........
However, if humans had not started eating meat 250,000 years ago, we would not have the brain power we have to-day, so.................

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
Plant eaters have long stomachs, meat eaters have short stomachs, humans have long stomachs,........
However, if humans had not started eating meat 250,000 years ago, we would not have the brain power we have to-day, so.................

meat has nothing to do with brain power....actually i would think meat/flesh would reduce brain power, go figure!

lol

really though

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

You should learn basic human physiology, especially the human digestive tract. We're not carnivores, but we do indeed require meat in some form, be it land animal, fish, or insect. Even strict herbivorous animal can process animal protein, else they wouldn't be able to consume their mothers milk, which contains animal proteins.

I've looked into this whole raw vegan bullcrap before, even tried it out myself for a little while. We didn't evolve to invent multivitamins and B12 supplements so we could stop consuming a normal healthy diet. Multivitamins and supplements are unnatural, and going the route your taking, you will need to put unnatural man made substances into your body to counteract the malnutrition you will undoubtedly go through if you do not take those things. Yet by taking those things, you put yourself at risk negating any possible perceived "health benefit" of an unnatural diet anyways.

We're a primate, so please eat like one. There are no exclusive higher primate fruit/plant eaters. You require B12 from natural sources, not pills.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Chlorella, a type of green algae, is a great source of protein, B12 and other nutritious items.

I usually put it in a smoothie, but just mixing it up with water is fine if you have a taste for it.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed
reply to post by sirnex

Chlorella, a type of green algae, is a great source of protein, B12 and other nutritious items.

I usually put it in a smoothie, but just mixing it up with water is fine if you have a taste for it.

Ultimately, animals must obtain vitamin B12 directly or indirectly from bacteria, and these bacteria may inhabit a section of the gut which is posterior to the section where B12 is absorbed. Thus, herbivorous animals must either obtain B12 from bacteria in their rumens, or (if fermenting plant material in the hindgut) by reingestion of cecotrope fæces.

Vitamin B12 is found in foods that come from animals, including fish and shellfish, meat (especially liver), poultry, eggs, milk, and milk products.[10] Eggs are often mentioned as a good B12 source, but they also contain a factor that blocks absorption.[47] Certain insects such as termites contain B12 produced by their gut bacteria, in a way analogous to ruminant animals.[48] An NIH Fact Sheet lists a variety of food sources of vitamin B12.[10]

While lacto-ovo vegetarians usually get enough B12 through consuming dairy products, vegans will lack B12 unless they consume B12-containing dietary supplements or B12-fortified foods. Examples of fortified foods include fortified breakfast cereals, fortified soy products, fortified energy bars, and fortified nutritional yeast. According to the UK Vegan Society, the present consensus is that any B12 present in plant foods is likely to be unavailable to humans because B12 analogues can compete with B12 and inhibit metabolism.[49][50]

Claimed sources of B12 that have been shown to be inadequate or unreliable through direct studies[51] of vegans include laver (a seaweed), barley grass, and human intestinal bacteria (human colonic bacteria produce B12, but it cannot be absorbed from the colon).[52]

The wonders of basic quick painless research. Just amazes me!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

True vitamin B12 is the predominate cobamide of green and purple lavers and chlorella tablets. Feeding the purple laver to vitamin B12-deficient rats significantly improved the vitamin B12 status. The results suggest that algal vitamin B12 is a bioavailable source for mammals. Pseudovitamin B12 (an inactive corrinoid) predominated in the spirulina tablets, which are not suitable for use as a vitamin B12 source, especially for vegetarians.
- www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

A total of 70 pregnant women were placed into the control group (n = 38) or the Chlorella group (n = 32). The subjects in the Chlorella group were supplemented daily from 12th-18th wk of gestation until delivery with 6 g of Chlorella supplement. The proportion of anemic (hemoglobin level < 11 g/dL) subjects in the Chlorella group were significantly lower compared with the control group at the second and third trimesters. Additionally, in the Chlorella group, the incidences of proteinuria and edema, signs of PIH, were significantly lower during the third trimester. These results suggest that Chlorella supplementation significantly reduces the risk of pregnancy associated anemia, proteinuria and edema. Chlorella supplement may be useful as a resource of natural folate, vitamin B-12 and iron for pregnant women.
- www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Yes the wonders of basic research, and sensibly sized on topic quotes, can be quite enlightening. The mystery article you quoted does not even mention chlorella. Be amazed

edit on 29-6-2011 by JohnnyTHSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyTHSeed

Indigestible without processing due to the cell walls thickness. Just too tough and in it's natural state would give you an upset stomach. Clearly not part of the human diet.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

So nuts and seeds that need to be cracked open to become digestible are obviously not a part of the human diet as well. Duly noted

What about foods that need to be cooked? Cooking makes some foods more bioavailabe, and that is far more "processed" than simply grinding up the plant matter - and you don't consider cooking to be off limits do you?

Historically, I don't think chlorella as been a part of the human diet. I know some algae has been consumed, I don't know about chlorella. However, the human digestive system contains a large number of micro-organsism including bacterium and fungi. Chlorella provides good nutrition to the beneficial bacteria/organisms - which helps compete against the detrimental fungi and bacteria.

When looking up the articles I posted I learned that supposedly, the strong cell walls of chlorella have chelation properties to draw out heavy metals. When I have time I will see what, if any, strong research has been done is this area.

I don't base everything I consume on studies, when it comes down to it I have to let my gut decide.
Cod liver oil and kefir have done me well, and I considered them the best foods I had ever eaten based on how they made me feel - until I started eating chlorella. The only way to truly know if this little green substance has nutritive properties you can benefit from would be to eat it and see how you feel. Hopefully you aren't allergic!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join