It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

vegan diet cures cancer++other diseases

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

I am MAN i eat MAN FOOD

I dont think you know what it means to be a man then...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommyboytml
reply to post by johnrobca

So tell me which seed or legume (100g) will supply me with more protein than a piece of lean turkey breast (100g) and have less calories?

Sorry but your talking nonsense. If supps and vits did not exist vegans would suffer from all kinds of deficiencies, doesn't that tell you something?
edit on 29-11-2011 by tommyboytml because: (no reason given)

hemp and pea proteins .... they will give you complex proteins

Im not talking nonsense .. ive been vegan for 25 years and take no suppliments and regularly compete in triathlons ... theres nothing deficient with me ... apart from maybe heart disease or cancer which are the result of a meat based diet

So i reply back to you that you are talking nonsense because you do not know how to have a healthy vegan diet

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

You seriously don't know?

I will quote from wiki:

Poorly planned vegetarian diets may be low in vitamin B12, calcium, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin D, iron, zinc, riboflavin (vitamin B2), and iodine, and poorly planned vegan diets may have particularly low intakes of vitamin B12 and calcium.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Haha Hemp (100g) will supply you with approx 315 calories, 3x more than lean turkey breast. And from that you get 17g of protein and 21g of fat! Good fats though.

Fail

And my diet is perfect. I just had a whole tin of tuna with 150g of spinach.

41g protein
5g carbs
9g fat

Every single amino acid and vitamin and mineral money can buy. Including half my whole days intake of vitamin c and a and well above k

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

You seriously don't know?

I will quote from wiki:

Poorly planned vegetarian diets may be low in vitamin B12, calcium, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin D, iron, zinc, riboflavin (vitamin B2), and iodine, and poorly planned vegan diets may have particularly low intakes of vitamin B12 and calcium.

You can qoute from any source(?) you want...there are millions of people around the world, who, according to the source of your information should be seriously ill...THIS IS NOT THE TRUTH of the situation...
Your source, indeed, spells put the fact that, 'poorly planned'!!!! diets!

If you have people eating POORLY PLANNED meat eating diets...guess what?

Akushla

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyboytml

That one is easy.

Soybeans come in in protein value above red meat.

The older, larger, and more mature a bean gets the more protein it carries. Mature roasted soybeans (Edamame) have the most providing 39.6 grams of protein per 100 gram serving, or 68 grams per cup. They are followed by mature Lupin beans which provide 15.6 grams per 100 gram serving. That is 25.8 grams per cup.

Next on the list is red meat.

Third on the list is pumpkin seed.

A popular food in the Middle East and East Asia pumpkin and squash seeds provide 33 grams of protein per 100g serving, that is 74.8 grams per cup and 9.2 grams per ounce. Watermelon seeds provide slightly less at 28 grams of protein per 100 gram serving.

Then only follows poultry on the scale.

Source: Top 10 foods highest in protein

Quinoa comes in at a whopping 14 grams per 100 grams. Considering that quinoa is rich in folate, vitamin b6, zinc, iron, magnesium, copper, vitamin b1 and b2, vitamin e etc. etc., I think that it is a blimmin good food and can give "second-hand meat protein" a run for its money.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Buta vegan only diet is poorly planned in the first place... Obviously!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by shimmeringsilver73

Yes and soybeans supply you with a huge amount of calories and give you man boobs!

You cant eat 100g of soybeans and get the efficiency you do from protein rich meat. The fat makes those beans sit in your stomach for hours.

Why do you think bodybuilders choose whey and casein based proteins over soy even though its generally cheaper?

Theres your answer!

Fail

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Buta vegan only diet is poorly planned in the first place... Obviously!

...and you know this as fact?

Get real, honey...

Akushla

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Haha Hemp (100g) will supply you with approx 315 calories, 3x more than lean turkey breast. And from that you get 17g of protein and 21g of fat! Good fats though.

Fail

And my diet is perfect. I just had a whole tin of tuna with 150g of spinach.

41g protein
5g carbs
9g fat

Every single amino acid and vitamin and mineral money can buy. Including half my whole days intake of vitamin c and a and well above k

like I said you have to mix the protein sources to compete with meat ... just eating hemp would be a chore ...

glad to see youre not a burger and chips man .... anyway back to work now ... ive enjoyed our argument ... look forward to our next

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

"Poorly-planned" being the key term here. The entire Western-culture diet is nowadays largely based on fried food and fast-food, which is rather poorly planned if ya ask me. What is better - a fatty burger and chips, or a nice colourful plate of beans, veggies, grains, nuts, pulses, seeds and fermented vegetables?

I have NEVER ever had the need to take supplements.

Vitamin B12 is in any case misunderstood. I will make a thread one day on the manner in which Vit B12 should be ingested. Vit B12 is made by the body when bio-organisms are ingested. I.e. when the gatherer used to ingest bits of "manure and sheet" when eating fruits and nuts off the land.

The body is not meant to ingest Vit B12 in an already-processed already-converted state. That is why our bodies can only absorb super-small amounts of Vit B12 at any given time. The larger amounts of Vit B12 you feed it, the smaller the ratio of absorbed Vit B12 gets. Try not washing your mushrooms when next you eat it. The Vit B12 your body will make from unwashed mushrooms is far greater than what it can absorb from a whole steak.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Yes and soybeans supply you with a huge amount of calories and give you man boobs!

You cant eat 100g of soybeans and get the efficiency you do from protein rich meat. The fat makes those beans sit in your stomach for hours.

Why do you think bodybuilders choose whey and casein based proteins over soy even though its generally cheaper?

Theres your answer!

Fail

If you are a bodybuilder who eats meat, and you stop bodybuilding...you get MANBOOBS!

He he
Akushla

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

C'mon akushla99 stop being so stubborn. Maybe you have a well planned vegan diet but i reckon 90% don't!

At the end of the day humans are omnivores and thats that.

A vegan diet is not a well balanced diet, its also inconvenient and boring as hell!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Then the answer would be to eat... "fermented soy"! TADA!

Nutrients are even more bumped up. The negative reaction of the soy is entirely cancelled.

Even better thadda way.

You see - vegans do take trouble with their research. You can stop gunning me now. I actually SPEND a whole lotta time on making sure my meals are healthy and nutritionally balanced. I haven't had a fatty takeaway in 6 years. My body is healthy.

End of discussion.

Note: And when most people make the decision to become vegans, they do not take that decision lightly. Most, if not all vegans, do their research and preparation properly.

By the way - I am not convinced that we are omnivores. But that is a discussion for another day.
edit on 29/11/2011 by shimmeringsilver73 because: post note to this thrilling debate

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Like i said why do 99% of athletes choose Whey and Casein over Soy?

I know the answer maybe you should read a little

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

C'mon akushla99 stop being so stubborn. Maybe you have a well planned vegan diet but i reckon 90% don't!

At the end of the day humans are omnivores and thats that.

You can take my stance from experience as stubbornness...or you can listen to exactly what you're claiming, which I, and others, are simply pointing out is total garbage...if you want to claim I am being stubborn because I know what you're saying is utter garbage...then so be it...I'm not trying to convert anyone here...each to thier own...

Now, you have altered your original claims to relent on the, 'all', and it has now become, 'unplanned' diets, and '90%'...that figure being your own made up guesstimate based on your own opinion...I will neither accept or reject your opinion...give me a fact that can be verified in 100% of cases, and we can talk sensibly, without the unmitigated garbage being peddled...

Humans are able to be omnivores....which is different to saying they are...humans are able to fly, which is different to saying they are flyers!

Akushla

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

They are not my claims though are they! They are facts...

Able to be omnivores? Are you saying humans are predominantly herbivores?

Why do you think the human body produces insulin?

Why do you think we have evolved no protection for our teeth from sugar if we have been herbivores and fruit eaters for hundreds of thousands of years?

Why do humans invent the spear if they had no need for it?

Did our ancient ancestors have fields of grains, vegetables, nuts and seeds growing that were available to them more regularly than fresh meat?

I could go on asking questions...

We humans ARE omnivores, not able to be, not maybe, not used to be!

And if you are a vegan i would make sure your taking vit supps and maybe some fish oil. Wouldn't wish arthritis on anyone!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

They are not my claims though are they! They are facts...

Able to be omnivores? Are you saying humans are predominantly herbivores?

Why do you think the human body produces insulin?

Why do you think we have evolved no protection for our teeth from sugar if we have been herbivores and fruit eaters for hundreds of thousands of years?

I could go on asking questions...

We humans ARE omnivores, not able to be, not maybe, not used to be!

And if you are a vegan i would make sure your taking vit supps and maybe some fish oil. Wouldn't wish arthritis on anyone!

Well, then...I for one am an exception to the, 'we are omnivores', SINCE I AM NOT!...able to, does not equal, supposed to...

Humans are predominantly, or, non-predominantly...whatever they choose to be...predominance doesn't equal fact...otherwise, we'd be eating scat...a lot of flies seem to like it!

If'n you were sure of the answers, my friend, you wouldn't be asking questions!

Thanks for your concern over my dietary needs! I haven't eaten meat/fish or any other products of this nature for 25 years...according to your 'facts'...I should be extremely ill...instead, I look (acccording to other people) 10 years younger than I am, i don't take days off work, I haven't needed to see a doctor in at least 10 years (conservative estimate)...haven't had a cold/flu in these years, I'm not a beanpole, and I have muscles!

...on the flip side, some of the people I work with (like yourself and others) like to rib me about my diet (funny, it always seems to be an issue for other people)...everyone, EXCEPT, me...gets the flu 2 to 3 times a year, everyone else takes days off for random illness...not me, everyone else suffers major and minor body ailments...not me...

I'll let you guess how many of them are veges...there are 9 of them...

These...are facts!

Akushla

edit on 29-11-2011 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

edit on 29-11-2011 by johnrobca because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

But that is not because a veggie diet is bad for you is it?

90% of meat eaters have badly planned diets. You seem to assume if you eat meat you don't have to watch what you eat?

Some veggies, that are not educated on it, assume they can just cut out the meat and eat the limited veggies that are left behind. Being a veggie means you have to be more aware of what you eat, because in our culture the food we eat is pretty limited in range. In a vegetarian culture such as in India, they already have all the 'planning' in their culture. They are healthy because they get all they need, they don't simply remove the meat from the plate, and eat the limited vegetables that are left.

edit on 11/29/2011 by ANOK because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join