It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are christians accepted?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

No. I have more respect for people than to do that, even if it is a hate U2.

I'm calling you out. I don't believe what you're saying is true. You can copy/paste the portions of the U2Us you are mentioning. I don't think they exist in your inbox. And even if you have one or two that would prove nothing except you've used the extreme rare exception to prove the rule.

Which is a fallacy. Put up or shut up.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe

...way to generalise Garfee.

Forgive me for having an absolute guts full of being told I am going to hell just for being born.

Seriously. Just had enough of it.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Forgive me for having an absolute guts full of being told I am going to hell just for being born.

If you know hell does not exist, then what does it bother you?

Seriously, that's a lame excuse to bash on Christianity. So what, if there's Christians who comdemn you to hell for not believing?

Judge people by their actions, not their beliefs...A REAL (& not somebody crusading in the name of Jesus to make themselves feel better) Christian may say that to you, but never will they harm you or go out of their way to do so.
Also, anybody with pre-conceived thoughts of "if you aren't Christian, go to HELL" should know that NOBODY is guaranteed to go to "heaven" by just believing.

I honestly think we're here on earth for a reason (still trying to work out why)...Mathematically, the probability & chances of human existence on this tiny planet (which just happens to accommodate us to a tee), "pre-Big Bang" is probably very slim.

If you truly believe all religions & God to be false, then I fully respect you opinions on religion & what you believe though.
edit on 21-6-2011 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-6-2011 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

No one goes to hell for being born. Where did you find that absurd tripe?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Seriously, that's a lame excuse to bash on Christianity. So what, if there's Christians who comdemn you to hell for not believing?

It bothers me because they have dangerous and unhealthy influence of politics and society.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Garfee

You don't think I'm going to hell for being gay?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

It bothers me because they have dangerous and unhealthy influence of politics and society.

Who is the judge of "unhealthy" and "dangerous"?

Moot point, Theists can make the same argument.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

Being gay doesn't send you to hell either.

Sin does, homosexuality is viewed no differently to God than lying.

Sin is sin. I'm just as big a sinner as you.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I agree with you to a certain extent, that Christianity has an influence of politics & society...But none-so more now than Atheism, Church of Scientology, Judaism, etc.

Perhaps in past history, yes...but since times are changing, Christianity is starting to take a back seat in global affairs.

Anyway nobody can MAKE you believe...As long as Christians are spreading the goodness that comes out of following Jesus' way of life, then all you can do is try to understand that there's love for everybody.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You're a Christian ATS member who's views I will pay attention to and appreciate, thanks to that comment.

edit on 21-6-2011 by Garfee because: oops

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

Jesus "rolled" with all types of people, who were seen as "out-casts"...From people with diseases to whores.

If you are gay, but lead a good life & do not harm others, yet have a Christian who goes out murdering people...I'd say you have a better chance of a better after-life!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

reply to post by NOTurTypical

You're a Christian ATS member who's views I will pay attention to and appreciate, thanks to that comment.

Were ALL in the same boat/predicament friend. We're all sinners. I'm certainly no better/righteous than you.

I'm just one beggar trying to show other beggars where to find bread.

"I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance" ~ Jesus Christ

Don't listen to the judgmental religious people, remember Christ mocked the religious people and they murdered Him.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

Jesus "rolled" with all types of people, who were seen as "out-casts"...From people with diseases to whores.

If you are gay, but lead a good life & do not harm others, yet have a Christian who goes out murdering people...I'd say you have a better chance of a better after-life!

Dude, it's not what we do or don't do, it's what Jesus HAS DONE.

He's the hero, He paid the price for all sin. He's the infinite sacrifice for an infinite number of sins.

My conclusion, being born doesn't send a person to hell, being gay or a thief doesn't send a person to hell..

rejecting Jesus Christ and His atonement for all our sin is what sends a person to hell.

Christ incarnated and came to die for ALL OF US.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

Who is the judge of "unhealthy" and "dangerous"?

Moot point, Theists can make the same argument.

The judge of 'unhealthy' and 'dangerous' is liberal, egalitarian, secular democracy. You are not seriously suggesting a return to the fascistic ideology of theocracy?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

Being gay doesn't send you to hell either.

Sin does, homosexuality is viewed no differently to God than lying.

Sin is sin. I'm just as big a sinner as you.

And 'god' considers homosexuality as a sin, so gays do go to hell. After all the sugar-coating of semantic gymnastics is taken away, good old homophobia shows its true nature.

I do not consider such attitudes as yours as a reason for forum-censorship or withdrawal of membership, but you must be aware by now, that your exclusive elitist attitudes and self-proclaimed 'absolutes' will meet considerable criticism.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

You wrote:

["Perhaps in past history, yes...but since times are changing, Christianity is starting to take a back seat in global affairs."]

It would be wrong to generalize all christians. Personally I find the major part of them to be decent people.

But then there are small groups, who still have dreams of monopoly, elitist privileges, intolerant attitudes and possessed by a need for pushing their ideology. These christians are still a problem, even in western secular societies; they constantly try to achieve extra-parliamentary benefits and positions.

Quote: ["As long as Christians are spreading the goodness that comes out of following Jesus' way of life, then all you can do is try to understand that there's love for everybody."]

Christian do-gooders are praiseworthy, IF there's no pricetag or conditions (e.g. conversion) in their motives. I've met a few christians like that...wonderful people.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

Only God can judge you, meanwhile you deserve to be respected as part of the creation.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CRDDD

Will you accept New Age Evolutionary Christian Mystics?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CRDDD

One more thing.

Christians should not only be accepted, but adored. Why?

For their adoration of the most adorable thing in the world, the person of God made manifest on the Earth as a model of our continual evolutionary and involutionary spiritual progress.

A true Christian can be admired for knowing something, the most important thing of all, which you do not as yet know or realize. And that is a statement of kindness, not arrogance.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

And 'god' considers homosexuality as a sin, so gays do go to hell.

Sure God sees it a sin, a sin amongst a plethora of other sins we are ALL guilty of. That's why He took the form of man to die for us. I've said this enumerable times on here, but hey what's once more among "friends"??

There is only one unforgivable sin and homosexuality isn't it.

After all the sugar-coating of semantic gymnastics is taken away, good old homophobia shows its true nature.

Get your eye prescription checked, no one here is condemning this person. A sin is a sin, we're all sinners. I'm more than likely the greatest sinner in these forums, you'd gasp if I told you the things I have done.

"Homophobia"? Not sure what you mean, I'm not terrified of homosexuals.

I do not consider such attitudes as yours as a reason for forum-censorship or withdrawal of membership, but you must be aware by now, that your exclusive elitist attitudes and self-proclaimed 'absolutes' will meet considerable criticism.

Christ said that would happen, no new news there.

Last time I checked I wasn't running for public office, I'm NOT searching for votes.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join