It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are christians accepted?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I remember three years ago when I joined this site, there wasn't alot of christians on here. When someone said they were a christian, they were usually laughed out of the room and no one took them seriously. But since I came back here, I can't help but notice the staggering amount of fundamentalist christians that have flocked to this site to spout their biblical conspiracies. I do respect their beliefs, as long as they respect mine and keep their beliefs out of my face, but nowadays it's rare to find a christian like that. Most christians on here are brash, arrogant, and often willfully ignorant of facts. And yet everyone seems to accept them despite that. YOU might respect someone who says "fornication is a sin" and while I respect their right to believe what they want, I cannot and never will respect ridiculous beliefs like that.

But yeah, like I asked. Why are fundamentalist christians accepted on here? I have no problem with them coming here, but if they're allowed to preach ridiculous claims on here, we should be allowed to argue with them without being warned or banned.

Note to mods: I am not bashing christianity. I just made this thread to ask why radical christians are accepted on here.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I'm no mod but there are bad examples for both sides. If you reply with a message that's thought out, logical and considerate, I don't see why your post would be removed or deleted by moderators just because you don't agree with the bible.

I assume outright attacks from either side would be removed. That tends to be the content of posts made by those who don't accept, at all, the ones they're debating, be it christain, muslim, jewish, buddhist, athiest, agnostic, ect.

*EDIT* Could you imagine "no christian viewpoints allowed, you will be banned" while some may be happy to see such an oppressive rule, this is a site about exploring all possibilities, at least that's what I see it as. By not accepting someone because of their certain belief system, you're heading down a slippery slope leading to "you must think this way to be a functional member of our site"
edit on 20-6-2011 by Artanis667 because: addition

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
The same reason why everyone else is accepted?

Don't take me wrong I am not a Christian, or anything near it.

But if one wants to believe that "fornication is a sin" it is their right to believe it,
as much as it is ones right to believe the moon is made of cheese. Yum.

If I feel a particular post needs my opinion I will voice it, otherwise, live and let live.
I try to look at everyone as a human being.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Well, in my esteemed opinion, fundamentalist Christians are accepted here for the very same reason that people who ask why fundamentalist Christians are accepted here, are accepted here.

I think unless you are a bonafide reptilian with an evil plot to take over the world, I will accept you as a fellow human seeking answers and try to help you as best I can.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
who said they are accepted? Usually the very first responces to any topic dealing with christianity or the like are usually heckled right from the start. For every openminded discussion relating to this topic, are ten more saying how idiotic religion is, there is no god, and so forth. It's a trolls paradise! Here I was thinking this was a place for open minded induviduals to be able to constructively discuss or argue every welcome and unwelcome side. Alas... It isnt so

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by survivalstation
Well, in my esteemed opinion, fundamentalist Christians are accepted here for the very same reason that people who ask why fundamentalist Christians are accepted here, are accepted here.

I think unless you are a bonafide reptilian with an evil plot to take over the world, I will accept you as a fellow human seeking answers and try to help you as best I can.

But christians aren't seeking answers. They are militantly convinced that they have got the answer and everyone else is wrong and damned to hell, spouting ignorant, often hateful garbage at the world.

Religion is the greatest hypocritical, oxymoronic human experiment ever invented.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
You may as well ask why there are so many hardcore reptilian fanatics on here! In fact I barely notice the Christians amidst all the people claiming to be descended from extraterrestrials or to be in communication with reptilians and so on and so forth.... I ask you, which is the crazier side?

This is a website not known for its general rationality... I guess we'll all just have to keep sorting through the chaos to find a slice of reason. There is no reason why Christians should be laughed at any more than our "reptilian" friends on here.

After making that stab at reptilophiles (?) I'm glad I'm hidden safely behind my computer screen. Some people can be very touchy!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Sir, you seem to think most christians are open minded. They're usually not.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

But christians aren't seeking answers. They are militantly convinced that they have got the answer and everyone else is wrong and damned to hell, spouting ignorant, often hateful garbage at the world.

Religion is the greatest hypocritical, oxymoronic human experiment ever invented.

I dont see this happening very often. More often it is taking place from the counter side. Most of the christian related discussions I see here are just points of views that they stumble upon or would like to put out as how they see it.... just as we all do about every single topic here except news articles. There are way more bashers here quickly jumping in to tear apart the OP without actually debating... Just spouting idiocy to dismantle the post as soon as it begins. If I dont agree with something, I will either comment on why (not just comment as many do) or I will close the topic out and read another that catches my attention. Why arnt there more people here capable of doing just that?

link   
reply to post by DeepThoughtCriminal

There is more evidence for a reptilian conspiracy than their is for god or anything in the bible. Whether YOU want to believe it or not.

link   
reply to post by DeepThoughtCriminal

Reptilians are known to be very touchy. Their touch can also be deadly, e.g. snakes

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by CRDDD

Hey, I totaly agree with you, even in my own life's experiance. Yet, that still doesnt give us all the right to totaly trash an OP because we dont agree with it. For example... We post alot of news articles about science that many christians would not believe in. There arnt many responces from christians countering those topics by throwing the bible at them that I have seen. I would have to see overwhelming evedence of it, but I do see it on the other side of the fence. Sure there have been very few cases, but nothing comparing to the numbers countering. This is a very christian unfriendly place. I have to bite my tongue alot, and feel sorry for those that cant voice their opionon here as freely as UFO enthusiasts. It makes me wonder if much of the populace here come here simply to counter any topic with an argument... and not even that well, and without constructivness. Just outright bashing for the sake of being able to do it.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Please show me evidence of this.... For every one, I can show you 10 of people bashing any topic made here that relates to christianity that does not "push" their religion and have nothing similar to any millitant attitude.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeepThoughtCriminal
You may as well ask why there are so many hardcore reptilian fanatics on here! In fact I barely notice the Christians amidst all the people claiming to be descended from extraterrestrials or to be in communication with reptilians and so on and so forth.... I ask you, which is the crazier side?

This is a website not known for its general rationality... I guess we'll all just have to keep sorting through the chaos to find a slice of reason. There is no reason why Christians should be laughed at any more than our "reptilian" friends on here.

After making that stab at reptilophiles (?) I'm glad I'm hidden safely behind my computer screen. Some people can be very touchy!

Thank you! You hit the head right on the nail, my friend.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

I dont see this happening very often. More often it is taking place from the counter side. Most of the christian related discussions I see here are just points of views that they stumble upon or would like to put out as how they see it.... just as we all do about every single topic here except news articles. There are way more bashers here quickly jumping in to tear apart the OP without actually debating... Just spouting idiocy to dismantle the post as soon as it begins. If I dont agree with something, I will either comment on why (not just comment as many do) or I will close the topic out and read another that catches my attention. Why arnt there more people here capable of doing just that?

Because it would be an excersie in futility, like trying to debate or discuss whether the tooth fairy exists.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Hey, I totaly agree with you, even in my own life's experiance. Yet, that still doesnt give us all the right to totaly trash an OP because we dont agree with it. For example... We post alot of news articles about science that many christians would not believe in. There arnt many responces from christians countering those topics by throwing the bible at them that I have seen. I would have to see overwhelming evedence of it, but I do see it on the other side of the fence. Sure there have been very few cases, but nothing comparing to the numbers countering. This is a very christian unfriendly place. I have to bite my tongue alot, and feel sorry for those that cant voice their opionon here as freely as UFO enthusiasts. It makes me wonder if much of the populace here come here simply to counter any topic with an argument... and not even that well, and without constructivness. Just outright bashing for the sake of being able to do it.

If someone doesn't believe in proven science, I have no respect for them and they have no place here. That is nothing but willfull ignorance and brain washing. Same deal with the people who don't believe in dinosaurs.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CRDDD

Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. - Richard Feynman Nobel-prize-winning physicist.

So there, But yes proven science should be believed in, but not to the point that it becomes a religion.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

I dunno, How many Christians have you talked to that ARE seeking answers? I have nothing against religion because without it this planet would really suck.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

If someone doesn't believe in proven science, I have no respect for them and they have no place here. That is nothing but willfull ignorance and brain washing. Same deal with the people who don't believe in dinosaurs.

Ummm And you are who to go against the very forums that ATS puts up for such topics? So, as I said.. Trolls do this. If it wasnt alowed and welcome, why in creation would ATS put forums here for such topics? Science doesnt explain everything buddy...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

I dunno, How many Christians have you talked to that ARE seeking answers? I have nothing against religion because without it this planet would really suck.

(Raises hand) I'm looking for answers every day. Even though I may not be in the fold of traditional bible thumping christians, I see they have the same right to try and explain something in a way I can understand and accept it. If not... I'm smart enough to know that I can keep looking untill I find what Im looking for, such is everyones god given right. Last time I checkes, it was a free count... errr internet... Leave it to trolls to make the good suffer for the bad. Which, hell, I believe are one of the reasons the net is being painted with censorship. Wether you like it or not, Censorship is here.. in the form of forum trolls doing their best to simply shut people up when they dont agree with them. I'm happy to be open minded enough to not be one of them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join