It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are christians accepted?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by CRDDD

No Christian is bad. There are just so many who wish to convert others. Those who wish to convert others are not aware of the teachings of the bibe and assume many ideas. These people that become converted also have the same unorthodox ideas. Please don't go on balming others.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

If that's the case then I'd go further and call believers insane.

If sanity is conforming to the ideology of a world that's on the highway to hell I welcome the title of "insane".

If the religious can not discuss their beliefs without open debate, they are plain old dumb.

I can't speak for the religious, sorry.

Isn't part of christianity to do just that? To offer their beliefs to others in hope that they might also be saved?

Salvation is God's work on a person's heart. The only thing the Bible says to do is offer a reason to anyone that asks of you of the hope you have within. It's not our job to get people to agree with us, just to offer reasons why we believe.

If they can't discuss and debate with respect, but only offend and belittle, they are actually pushing people away from their beliefs rather than drawing them closer.

The gospel of Jesus Christ is offensive, Christ offended most of the people He taught. They crucified Him for it.

I wonder what Jesus would have to say about that?

I already told you, but once more won't hurt I suppose:

"If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before you." ~ Jesus

"And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved." ~ Jesus

"Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake." ~ Jesus

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You have offered no reasons other than your supposed to be hated... while you spew sugar coated hate and pass judgement..

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman

You have offered no reasons other than your supposed to be hated...

He asked what Jesus would say regarding the issue. I quoted what Jesus said regarding the issue. The world will hate us for His gospel. If the world isn't hating us we are not telling his gospel. Seems simple enough.

while you spew sugar coated hate and pass judgement..

I hate no one, I'm a HUGE sinner. I'm no better than anyone else, Christ died for me too.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Originally posted by survivalstation
Well, in my esteemed opinion, fundamentalist Christians are accepted here for the very same reason that people who ask why fundamentalist Christians are accepted here, are accepted here.

I think unless you are a bonafide reptilian with an evil plot to take over the world, I will accept you as a fellow human seeking answers and try to help you as best I can.

But christians aren't seeking answers. They are militantly convinced that they have got the answer and everyone else is wrong and damned to hell, spouting ignorant, often hateful garbage at the world.

Religion is the greatest hypocritical, oxymoronic human experiment ever invented.

I completely agree with you and see it everytime I read a religion motivated thread! If you don't believe there isn't even a point in joining the debate as you will get attacked on your first post without a doubt. Quite sad really..

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

A number of qustions for you.

1. Does God/Jesus encourage you to love fellow man?
2. If so, why is so much war motivated by religion of every type?
3. If religion is TRULY the cause of God, why does it have so much blood on its hands? Surely an all loving God would not permit such actions and yet it is done on a large scale in the name of their lord.
4. Why do so many extremists/believers go to such lengths to make people believe? Such as throwing out insults and even going to the lengths of murder because of this?
5. is this really the so called word of your lord?

I hope I did not offend you

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

good point.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by David291

If you don't believe there isn't even a point in joining the debate as you will get attacked on your first post without a doubt. Quite sad really..

No, what is quite sad is people who don't believe don't read the stickied thread for this forum titled "ALL MEMBERS READ - moving past religion 101 and staying on topic"

In this forum unless specifically stated in the title of the thread or OP that God doesn't exist it's assumed for the sake of argument that He does exist. It's so people of faith can delve deeper into issues of theology without having to constantly debate the basics.

Like the OP in the stickied thread states (paraphrased):

Imagine trying to discuss Algebra and someone keeps screaming "I DON"T BELIEVE IN ADDITION!!!"

This is "Religion, Faith, and Theology" is it okay for us to discuss religion, faith and theology here?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291

A number of qustions for you.

1. Does God/Jesus encourage you to love fellow man?
2. If so, why is so much war motivated by religion of every type?
3. If religion is TRULY the cause of God, why does it have so much blood on its hands? Surely an all loving God would not permit such actions and yet it is done on a large scale in the name of their lord.
4. Why do so many extremists/believers go to such lengths to make people believe? Such as throwing out insults and even going to the lengths of murder because of this?
5. is this really the so called word of your lord?

I hope I did not offend you

Don't worry about offending me, let's first see if we can get Awake & Aware's blessing to discuss things brought up by people who didn't author the thread.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by David291

every time i read something about an athiest, it is God bashing. alot of it. if you dont believe in something there is not a topic then. no one believes in santa claus and he is the most popular icon 3 months of every year. so, does an athiest not believe or does believe, and you are just angry because homosexuality is called a sin?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

you are free to U2U me with the answers. Now you have my blessing to do so. Really, I do not wish to spark an argument of any kind and you did say earlier that is your role so to speak to offer reasons why you believe ...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

you are free to U2U me with the answers. Now you have my blessing to do so. Really, I do not wish to spark an argument of any kind and you did say earlier that is your role so to speak to offer reasons why you believe ...

LOL, I can U2U.

You might not know me, flippancy is one of my gifts of the Spirit.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

If they can't discuss and debate with respect, but only offend and belittle, they are actually pushing people away from their beliefs rather than drawing them closer.

I wonder what Jesus would have to say about that?

this is what he was referring rhetorically to Jesus making a comment on.. discussing the topic openly.

Not simply saying if people are hating you, then your doing good..

and with the condescending tone too...

I already told you,

you have proved Garfee's point..
edit on 20-6-2011 by reeferman because: text sizing issue

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TylerDurden2U

Lol see what I mean folks? I was merely trying to make a discussion here so that I may make an understanding of this but as I can see you are that ignorent all you can think about is throwing an insult around. Congrats.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Oh, I see, so you are not planning to discuss this with me? Why may I ask? You did CLEARLY state that you would offer reasons to your belief and I see nothing that shows that.

People like you are the reason I'm atheist to begin with ... I used to believe but then when I started asking questions I was insulted and 'thrown out' the door ... Nicely done..
edit on 20/6/11 by David291 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Oh, I see, so you are not planning to discuss this with me? Why may I ask? You did CLEARLY state that you would offer reasons to your belief and I see nothing that shows that.

People like you are the reason I'm atheist to begin with ... I used to believe but then when I started asking questions I was insulted and 'thrown out' the door ... Nicely done..

Huh??

I sent you the U2U and answered every question you asked me.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Only just got the message and I apoligize for what I have said

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Only just got the message and I apoligize for what I have said

No problem, apology accepted.

You can post my answers here if you want to, but if you want to continue privately that's more than fine too.

About to leave for a concert though so my responses will be pretty late.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Have a nice time at the concert and posting the answers here would be fine unless you prefere to U2U them to me and then I would post what I feel relevent here.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CRDDD

Radicalism of any kind, is a nuisance.
Religious or Political.

The only way to handle those people, is to ignore them.
Because they won't listen to any facts or anything that goes against their way of thinking.
And if you do speak up against them, they will flame you for days or years, or forever...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join