It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are christians accepted?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tomten

I know exactly what you mean, I've had plenty of experience with that.

Ai yori Aoishi is amazing also

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by David291

Indeed David291..

:-)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
surely you just debunk or ignore?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CRDDD

ATS is a conspiracy site, Almost everyone makes ridiculous claims.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I've seen many types of Christians on ATS. There are the one who believe every word in the Bible is straight from God's mouth and cannot be argued or disputed. Some are willing to admit some of the Bible doesn't make a lot of sense and there's some room for science. Some think the Bible is just a good story but there's still a divine conscience directing our universe/lives. There are other types and people that fall somewhere in between as well, these are just examples and not all that label themselves as Christian fit well into these few examples.

The point is painting all Christians with the same brush is short-sighted and ignorant. I was raised as a Christian and still live my life by some of the teachings from the Bible. But I cannot accept everything in that book at face value. I'm really not even sure I would label myself a Christian, but since I don't scoff at the Bible many would consider me one by default. Whatever, I don't force my ideals on anyone, but I won't hide them in shame because some take it too far.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
For the same reason people are allowed to post BS like this. The beauty of this site is that people are able to speak their mind. Mods are pretty good about weeding out bashing and off topic posts. Why are you worried about it anyway? There are a ton more crazy, farfetched, outlandish posts here that don't compare to how 'mean' Christians supposedly are. So, just do what everyone else does... Facepalm, and move along.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CRDDD

So much contradiction in your OP. Do you even know what the word Respect means? Don't you dare use that word if you don't understand it.

Respect means not degrading someone for any reason, in particular their beliefs.

Does saying you respect them mean you actually do? Judging by the fruit your post bears, I can clearly see that you don't.

This is the difference between Christians and the Worldly people. Christians can tolerate this kind of stuff, we'll gladly be picked on and attacked, and it's only our faults that make us retaliate like we sometimes do.

But honestly.. bottom line is, don't use that word if you don't mean it, you'll just look like a fool.

edit on 20-6-2011 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The site is impartial.

While i dont agree with some things some members post or the religious views they might have, i accept their right to both.
edit on 20-6-2011 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I fail to see why you think this is a problem, OP. To most of us who can see who trust in Yahweh and Christ, conspiracies (general term) are a fulfillment of biblical prophecies or at least pushing things along. The only texts to accurately give you who, what, when, where, why, and how are the Holy Scriptures. Every prophecy that has come to pass so far has been fulfilled to the letter. The chances of any on this planet fulfilling the Messianic prophecies in such a way that Yahushua (Jesus Christ) did is none. Zero. He is who He says He is. Remember, there are prophecies about the Messiah that are yet to be. He will come again in power and glory. The reason people seem to hate Christ's message so much is because it makes them realize their iniquity. We are faulty. We have sinned. Even the greatest prophets sinned. The key is repentance from sin. In the near future another powerful ministry of repentance will take hold of this world and it will bring a new meaning to shoving it down your throat. Take this as an example from Christ about the Law and sin.

John 9:41 "Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth."

If you are blind and have no law to follow, then logically you have no sin. And yet ignorance is no excuse. If you see the truth, then your sins are exposed and you see. Christ was given as a ransom for many, that all who accept His gift should have eternal life. Also remember, these words. They apply to now more than ever.

John 5:43 " I am come in My Father's name, and ye receive Me not; if another shall come in his own name, him will ye receive."

The Scriptures are unique and like no other so called "religious" texts. They actually make sense. The Gospel is unique and distinct, unlike any other "mythology" or texts. The Bible agrees with things we are only now finding out in science. Re-examine what you think you know.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
You are wrong, it's all in your mind. There are no more christians accepted here. We've been here all the time, you didn't noticed it. Did you asked every member about his or her religion?

Also, What make you think we have to be accepted or rejected?...Do you think ATS members discriminate each other for their religion? That would be something Mods wouldn't tolerate.

You hate christians and/or God. Now you realized how many we are and that made you mad.

As I always recommend to people like you, seek help.

Seems you got big issues, as I can see from your other thread, let me quote you :

Originally posted by CRDDD
Hello all. I thought you guys might be interested in something that happened to me.

Several months ago, I began dabbling in chaos magick (google it if you don't know what it is). I thought it would be cool to summon an entity to do stuff for me, so I found an easy ritual to do. Long story short, it worked and I ended up getting possessed by whatever I summoned. BUT, it's not like what you're thinking. It does live in my body, yes, but in return I gained incredible social skills and a new zest for life. It never takes over my mind or body, I have complete control of both. I got all this at the cost of having an entity live inside my mind. Is it worth it? Yes, I'd say it is. I could easily force it to leave but I choose not to.

Ask me anything.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 20-6-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

Originally posted by theRhenn
who said they are accepted? Usually the very first responces to any topic dealing with christianity or the like are usually heckled right from the start. For every openminded discussion relating to this topic, are ten more saying how idiotic religion is, there is no god, and so forth. It's a trolls paradise! Here I was thinking this was a place for open minded induviduals to be able to constructively discuss or argue every welcome and unwelcome side. Alas... It isnt so

Being open minded has absolutely nothing to with blind faith. The real open minded people are agnostic or atheists who are open to change their views if there is enough evidence to back that up.

That is an assumption, and an incorrect one at that. I consider myself very open minded... I am open to change my views if there is evidence to back it up. Yet, I also consider myself a christian, not agnostic, and definatly not athiest.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I accept them because I see just as many arrogant atheists, debunkers, etc. Basically, they're just another part of the pie, so why would they be singled out?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomten
reply to post by CRDDD

Radicalism of any kind, is a nuisance.
Religious or Political.

The only way to handle those people, is to ignore them.
Because they won't listen to any facts or anything that goes against their way of thinking.
And if you do speak up against them, they will flame you for days or years, or forever...

And how, prey-tell, is it any diffrent from the other side of that coin? How are these topics radical? Are they telling you grab your guns and take up arms? Still I challenge you, show me evidence of this.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Accepted? Not sure exactly what that means, but people of all beliefs and cultures are/should be allowed to share their thoughts. I don't agree with a lot of what scripture says, but I still have utmost respect for Christians; my parents are Christian and I love them to death. Sometimes I do get annoyed at how Christians somehow can correlate any other conspiracy, for example the existence of aliens, to being demons/other fallen angels. But at other times I think some of the things happening in the world do fit well with the Biblical view. Anyway, I accept (or try to) all people as long as they don't blatantly attempt to anger others. I find that many anti-Christian people on ATS viciously attack Christians, calling them unintelligent, idiots, naive, blah blah fairy tales, etc; sorry but that's not taking the high-ground imo.

P.E.A.C.E

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Hey, i'm new, lol, I'm also a christian.
Just when I start I already see close minded people. Well hopefully I'm here to stay. I'm more into science and engineering and biology. At for believing in God, I do. I'm all for the big bang and such but even then everything leads to one unexplainable beginning even before the big bang that nobody can't (everyone has some opinion) explain. Plus the Bible teaches you how to live a good life and deal with the struggles of life and better your self, so yes I guess I do think everyone should read it and learn from it.

I try to accept most people ideas, even if i can't understand it I do try to see what they are thinking.

Anyway, I know there are some hard cold religious people who besides attacking everyone who dares to offer a different understanding of life, they will even fight among themselfs.

But anyway, I do stereotype race and other thing to what I believe which is hard to break. But I try.

Anyway, just wanted to say HELLO and that you probably wont hear any religious view from me other than this unless a topic is directly related.

Side note: If mankind ever manages to live on mars or another planet. I just may have to re-think things that would be exciting. But very bad for others...like denial.

lol. But apparently the worlds going to end on...oct 21st. So says a crazy old man.

edit on 20-6-2011 by shadowx089 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-6-2011 by shadowx089 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I remember three years ago when I joined this site, there wasn't alot of christians on here. When someone said they were a christian, they were usually laughed out of the room and no one took them seriously. But since I came back here, I can't help but notice the staggering amount of fundamentalist christians that have flocked to this site to spout their biblical conspiracies. I do respect their beliefs, as long as they respect mine and keep their beliefs out of my face, but nowadays it's rare to find a christian like that. Most christians on here are brash, arrogant, and often willfully ignorant of facts. And yet everyone seems to accept them despite that. YOU might respect someone who says "fornication is a sin" and while I respect their right to believe what they want, I cannot and never will respect ridiculous beliefs like that.

But yeah, like I asked. Why are fundamentalist christians accepted on here? I have no problem with them coming here, but if they're allowed to preach ridiculous claims on here, we should be allowed to argue with them without being warned or banned.

Note to mods: I am not bashing christianity. I just made this thread to ask why radical christians are accepted on here.

Most Christians on here are brash, arrogant and often willfully ignorant of facts?? Come on, you're taking into context the comments made by some posters on here who are a little less open-minded as you & I...

A thread like this doesn't help to open minds more...If I had a bad experience(s) with an Atheist, Muslim or Jewish person on here, I'm not going to generalise like you have, and say "most Atheists, Muslims & Jews on here are rude, annoying & ignorant" then put everybody in the same bracket, just because of one or two people's comments & opinions?

Whilst you aren't purposefully intending to bash Christianity...It feels like your thread & topic is welcoming people to incite hate on Christian people (or just have a good rant for no reason).
However, I also I understand there are "extreme Christian fundamentalists" around ATS (after all, it is a big site, so I'm sure there's a poster here for just about any belief system under the clouds), who can be hard-headed at times.

Try & look past the Bible-bashing, and see people for who they are, rather than what they believe...That's the whole point of Christianity...To better yourself & love others. Forget the rest.

I can respect everybody's decision, regardless, as I've been brought up in a family with good morals...Unlike some on here, who see this as a chance to attack Christianity because of their way of thinking & how they express themselves...yet contradict themselves & do the EXACT same thing with commens that are just as bad, or worse:

But christians aren't seeking answers. They are militantly convinced that they have got the answer and everyone else is wrong and damned to hell, spouting ignorant, often hateful garbage at the world.

Religion is the greatest hypocritical, oxymoronic human experiment ever invented.

Again, way to generalise Garfee.

Hey, I'm here to open my mind & learn the truth. Even before I joined ATS, I was fully aware about the many many flaws of religion & Christianity (IMO, it's been twisted by TPTB to be shown in this light, therefore I hold onto the knowledge that there are still many truths to the Bible & Christianity)...I've done my research (& still am). I'm here for answers & I go into every topic with an open-mind, as should everybody else (religious or not).

You have to ask yourself, although Science helps to understand & give us answers, at the same time, it's constantly opening new doors & raising further questions...Meaning Science at times can be just as clueless to how this universe works.
edit on 20-6-2011 by SmoKeyHaZe because: grammar*

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
You are wrong, it's all in your mind. There are no more christians accepted here. We've been here all the time, you didn't noticed it. Did you asked every member about his or her religion?

Also, What make you think we have to be accepted or rejected?...Do you think ATS members discriminate each other for their religion? That would be something Mods wouldn't tolerate.

You hate christians and/or God. Now you realized how many we are and that made you mad.

Oh, that's funny. Because I dislike radical christians, it means I'm an atheist or someone who hates god? Since you were stalking my posts, you should know that I said in another thread that I AM NOT an atheist. I have a firm belief in god and/or a higher power, and I even pray sometimes. Do NOT accuse me of hating god when I have said nothing like that.

Also, you're implying I'm mentally ill because I dislike radical christians. Well, I could imply you're mentally ill for being a radical christian (but I won't).

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

Oh, that's funny. Because I dislike radical christians, it means I'm an atheist or someone who hates god? Since you were stalking my posts, you should know that I said in another thread that I AM NOT an atheist. I have a firm belief in god and/or a higher power, and I even pray sometimes. Do NOT accuse me of hating god when I have said nothing like that.

Also, you're implying I'm mentally ill because I dislike radical christians. Well, I could imply you're mentally ill for being a radical christian (but I won't).

I didn't call you atheist, it's in your mind again.

Now you made clear you believe in God (and/or??...what does it means?) and pray, but you summoned an entity to posses you in exchange for social skills.

You said now you "dislike radical christians", do you mean you like radical muslims?...or do you like some christians and some you don't?

Normal people like or dislike other persons before knowing their religion. Your demon or entity is an ignorant, ask God to cast it out of you. Then you'll start to make sense.
edit on 21-6-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

Originally posted by tomten
reply to post by CRDDD

Radicalism of any kind, is a nuisance.
Religious or Political.

The only way to handle those people, is to ignore them.
Because they won't listen to any facts or anything that goes against their way of thinking.
And if you do speak up against them, they will flame you for days or years, or forever...

And how, prey-tell, is it any diffrent from the other side of that coin? How are these topics radical? Are they telling you grab your guns and take up arms? Still I challenge you, show me evidence of this.

It isn't the topics that is radical.
It is those who claims that "My way is the only way to do things" and "Damn you if you don't believe in my way".
Those kind of people.

A good example is the Radical Talibans.
Destroying ancient depictions of people, and have no tolerance of other cultures.
Killing people, because they do not believe as they do.

And another example is Livets Ord ("Lifes Word", a Christian extreme wing in Sweden).
My best friend, and a cousin of mine, got trapped in their claws.
And they tried for weeks to "convert" me into their new found "beliefs".
I tried to explain to them, how I see the world, and that I see no sense or logic in their view.
And they should not try to convert people who does not want to be converted.

My best friend, snapped out of it, a few months later.
My cousin stayed with Livets Ord, for more than two years.

It is the same with extreme right or left wings, of political views/party's.
Or any party, that have no plans of evolving their view, to something that might actually work.

Too much, (and some time too little), of anything, is most of the time, bad.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by autowrench

I have to agree with that, Garfee. You should see some of the U2s I get from Christians telling me I am a satanist and going straight to hell.

I call B.S.

Post a couple of them with the member screen name deleted so they are anonymous.

No. I have more respect for people than to do that, even if it is a hate U2. I am sorry that you don't have this kind of respect. Why not just read some of the responses to my threads in the open forum?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join