It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Orlando Police Steal food from Children, Arrest 6 MORE for feeding the Hungry

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
My bad.

I know - - I'm supposed to have an emotional "knee-jerk" reaction.

Without full informed knowledge - intelligent logic - blaming the cops - blaming the system - etc etc etc.

What was I thinking?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by GaddaffiDuck

Ever see the signs "Do not feed the animals"? Now I am not saying that the hungry are animals, but just that there is a similar reasoning at work here. Feeding them discourages them from fending for themselves.

You being serious there son? Or am I being trolled hard again?

....I can no longer tell.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
My bad.

Without full informed knowledge - intelligent logic - blaming the cops - blaming the system - etc etc etc.

What was I thinking?

Way to deflect.... I expect nothing less from some of our members here anymore. Embracing Ignorance seems to be the new motto around here, so embrace, love it, own it.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

The coppers do not have the authority to pass judgment on laws and decide which are good or bad. There is a law that was being broken and that's why they were arrested. They knew that when they did it. Plainly the law needs to be changed and this is the way the group decided to do it.

We are wrong to say that cops are against feeding hungry people. Their only concern is LAW enforcement.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
In all fairness. The law is stupid. It should be changed.

But the cops do not seem to be enjoying enforcing this law. They are not smiling after the fact or while they are in the process of arresting these individuals. They are not rough with them, much less overly rough, as I have seen cops get. They are very gentle with them.

And we dont know what goes on behind closed doors. Maybe the cops are telling them to plead 'not guilty' to the charges and advising them the best way to get out. Maybe they are challenging the law to their superiors behind closed doors. Maybe they are involved in campaiging to change the law or get it abolished. Bottom line is we dont know.

Just because they are arresting the people doesnt mean that agree with it.
The lawmakers need to be held responsible. By the way the law got passed to begin with, it seems something corrupt is going on inside the walls.

On a side note....I was glad to see in one of the links that nearly everyone who fought being arrested was acquitted by a jury. Enough times running this through a jury trial and losing the prosecutors office will not try these cases any longer.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by Annee
My bad.

What was I thinking?

Way to deflect.... I expect nothing less from some of our members here anymore. Embracing Ignorance seems to be the new motto around here, so embrace, love it, own it.

Oh yeah.

I'm the one embracing ignorance.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by trailertrash

The coppers do not have the authority to pass judgment on laws and decide which are good or bad. There is a law that was being broken and that's why they were arrested. They knew that when they did it. Plainly the law needs to be changed and this is the way the group decided to do it.

We are wrong to say that cops are against feeding hungry people. Their only concern is LAW enforcement.

Thank you.

Another person being real.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DIDtm
Just because they are arresting the people doesn't mean that agree with it.
The lawmakers need to be held responsible. By the way the law got passed to begin with, it seems something corrupt is going on inside the walls.

Thank you for speaking up.

I remember once in Los Angeles there was a law the cops thought was wrong and did not want to enforce it. But that is their job. (can't remember exactly what it was - - it was over 35 years ago).

The cops started organizing public forums through the Kiwanis and other similar groups to express their feelings on the law and encourage people to contact their legislators to get the law changed. Cops do not make laws.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Argh, the ONLY decent thing these pigs should have done is disobey that ridiculous law and regain some common human decency in the process.

Instead, they go at it like the bullies they are.

Pathetic. Protect and serve, just not food to the homeless.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
Disgusting, The sheriff should lose his job over this stunt. We are Americans not some third world dictatorship.

If this airs on the nightly news the city commissioners are going to have a whole lot of explaining to do.

There was a thread posted yesterday I think, about pagag or something, which is basically food collected from bins outside restaurants and food joints, in a third world country.

They remove the rubbish, wash the meat, chop it, remove the bones, and recook it in a sauce.

They then sell this for something like $5 a meal to people, and some of them admitted to liking it more than other food.

And then over there in Orlando (and other parts of the US I've read of), you cannot even give good food away without being arrested.

what a god damned kookoo world... I cannot fathom it. I feel like I'm drowning in utter stupidity and ignorance.

edit on 19/6/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

I with you badwolf its gone beyond reasonable rational thought.my mind cant even comprehend how to best put it into words.How could anybody do this to people who are trying to help their fellow man.

Just like they jail fathers who may have even lost their jobs over there in the US due to the finacial crisis or whatever, who fall behind in their child support.What???

I think I may vomit.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Im with the police on this, if these guys want to hand out food to the poor and homeless it can be done through a legally registered charity with food health and safety inspectors.

You simply can't just set up a table in the park handing out food, im in the catering business myself, even if these guys are clean and have facilities to wash their hands with hot water, soap and alcohol gel (none of which I can see in this video)

Food poisoning is very serious and can kill small children, weak and the elderly, this kind of food handout is also open for people to deliberately poison the food.

NO I am not against giving food to the poor and homeless people, and im sure the state and government dont mind poor and homeless reciving free food but these guys in the video are going about it the wrong way and making the cops look like the bad guys.

edit on 19-6-2011 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2011 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Please stand up to this America!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoSpace

If you want to eat food given to you for free, that's your choice, any consequences is your fault.

What these people did was help out people who may not be able to afford any if at all food, something which is extremely important to survival.

It's your choice if you eat food given to you, there's no reason to blame these people handing it out.
edit on 19-6-2011 by voidla because: spelling

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

If you listen to MSM there are no bread lines so technically this didnt happen.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal

For each person arrested for these stupid policies, that is one more cop off the street who should be fighting real crime.

Yeah, but you forget, "fighting real crime" takes balls. Do you really expect these clownish looking useless tax liabilities to have the courage to fight real crime?

Exactly

#in illuminati bastards

im sick of em !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they just addin more and more to their list of enemies

#IN SENILE CORRUPT OLD MEN

DIE!!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
When EVERYONE finally gets a set of balls to take ANY action instead of just posting far fetched fantasies on forums like this, only then will there be any type of outcome.

Why doesn't everyone just STOP paying the taxes that support these scumbags? You're all basically supporting terrorists.

No MONEY = No FUNDING. Problem is that everyone who is talking all that BS is"NEVER" going to take any action. Everyone is TOO comfortable and too scared to lose what little they have left.

My perspective is that at least 90% of the people on this site are talkers and not doers.

You need to start somewhere, but talking about the same topics year after year is a waste of time.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

99%

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Looks like the kids got fed to me. Just out of curiosity what happens to all the food, surely they dont just leave it set there. It did'nt look like the officers were going to clean it up and the people who brought it got arrested.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I don't know how much more of this bull**** I can take, every day there's either a story about a cop shooting somebody's dog, arresting somebody for feeding the homeless, or shooting somebody for no reason. I'm not the only one that's fed up with the cops, many people on this website feel the same way. One day when cops shoot somebody's pet or arrest their son for feeding the homeless, their going to snap, pull out a gun, and straight up kill those cops. Or at least shoot as many as he can before they take him out. When that day comes I won't feel bad for the cops at all even if they have families, the only advice I have is use hollow-points so you don't hit any innocent civilians when you're shooting those fat corrupt pigs.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join