It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Orlando Police Steal food from Children, Arrest 6 MORE for feeding the Hungry

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
WTF! Unbelievable, I don't see anything wrong with the group food not bombs feeding the homeless. The group isn't even committing any serious or violent crime. They are just peacefully feeding hungry people in our country who our government should be protecting. Yet, the group food not bombs get arrested by officers for feeding the hungry. Don't these officers have better things to do then arresting a organization for feeding the hungry in a big city such as Orlando. Officers should help promote civil welfare not work against it. The group is doing nothing wrong, it is just like a picnic in the park. Good grief. The NWO has succeeded in turning our own public servants into mindless drones against us. Time to rebel and take offense.

6 more activist arrested in Orlando for Sharing food with the hungry. 2 young children are being served as close to 20 police officers swarm in and arrest the food servers. This brings to total number of arrest for this horrendous crime up to 21 people within a two week time period!

www.activistpost.com...

Despite new restrictions on homeless feedings in Orlando, the group Food Not Bombs says it is still committed to handing out food.

edit on 18-6-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

These Police are true scum of the Earth. Money=Freedom these days

and these human beings sold their souls to the Devil and i say this being non-religious just as a good description to their abhorrent actions.
(i'm agnostic)

Money= Freedom they are paid Serfs that do not question what the government does/and or tells them to do; just obeys obey obey obey obey obey.

I get money; if i obey and am happy so i will obey and do anything they tell me to.

GESTAPO

They take their orders and do not question them because they are serfs that are waiting for a big fat tax payer paycheck each week.

As citizens express your freedom of expression and speech and tell them you pay for them to have their job,

They come up with an excuse telling you they pay their taxes but the truth is this

but u pay your taxes from being funded through your employment by tax money
» understand! conundrum!

edit on 18-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
double post

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
orlando is just doing what their masters are saying

do not feed the disadvantaged

do not help the poor

do not help your fellow man

if i ever step foot in that god awful city

i will make it my job to hand out food until i am arrested

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This is so obscene as to defy belief. It isn't so much the action of cutting off the public 'feedings' that I object the most to, as perhaps this could be relocated? Perhaps done at different times?? There MUST be middle ground to reach on a matter like this if a city is capable of working in good faith.

Therein lies the problem to my way of thinking. Orlando hasn't negotiated in good faith and probably won't until public pressure forces them to no other option. They are working on behalf of Disney and the other BIG name tourist corporations that make Orlando what it is. Homeless in public view doesn't fit well into that image and a congregation of them for getting a meal must strike horror into the hearts of politicians who depend on those tourist businesses for their next campaign fund.

How our society has reached the level where leaders consider it better that our most vulnerable and hurting members go hungry rather than have a MINOR problem like public image in one specific area of a city, is beyond me. I sincerely hope some of these politicians are busted out in major scandals or caught in criminal activity some day so they may join the ranks they're persecuting right now. It will serve them right to see it from the hungry side of the street.

* Someone further down had wondered what law they could possibly be breaking and what the official line of thought could be. In hunting down that answer to satisfy my own curiosity, I discovered this story. It pretty well covers all the details across the entire issue and some important history on who this group is and what they do.

Details of what this Orlando issue is about

After reading this, I'm half tempted to take a weekend off to travel down there myself and help them feed the folks. I'd consider that arrest to be a badge of honor on my record and heck, I'd frame the citation to put on my wall!
edit on 18-6-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: Additional Resource Link......

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Seriously? Feeding the homeless is illegal? Feeding poor children get's you arrested? What are the people in Orlando thinking? This is disgusting.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
You would imagine that in a city the size of Orlando the police would have plenty more to do than arrest people and waste tax dollars on a group who are not hurting anyone. This is the problem with our legal system. Our police enforce these ridiculous statutes and policies. For all intents and purposes, these are not even "laws", they are statutes.

Every time someone is arrested, they have to be transported to the jail where they are processed and booked and all paperwork taken care of. For each person arrested for these stupid policies, that is one more cop off the street who should be fighting real crime. There is not one city in all of America that does not cry for more police on the streets, but the fact is, if they were not arresting people who are not hurting anyone, not destroying property, and not violating anyone's rights and thus not actually committing a crime.. there would be plenty of police. Instead, we arrest people who do not actually hurt anyone, and the taxpayers fund it.

Here is a murder map for the city of Orlando. Take notice of how many "open" murders remain. This is something the police should be working on, not arresting people for feeding homeless people.

Orlando Murder Map

Here you can find other crime stats for Orlando. It sure looks to me like there are better things police can be doing to make Orlando a better place to live rather than arresting people who are not hurting anyone.

Orlando Crime Rate Index

The real question here is... if you are feeding the homeless and you are arrested, who exactly is the victim of this "crime"?
edit on 18-6-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Orlando Crime Rate Index

The real question here is... if you are feeding the homeless and you are arrested, who exactly is the victim of this "crime"?
edit on 18-6-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

Wow! The officers do have better things to do than arresting the group food not bombs organization.
They just have no shame.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df6ada502754.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Disgusting, The sheriff should lose his job over this stunt. We are Americans not some third world dictatorship.

If this airs on the nightly news the city commissioners are going to have a whole lot of explaining to do.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

Wow. No wonder the crime rates are so high... this kind of reminds me of the show cops.. they would have drug busts to arrest people for buying a gram of pot... but they always had like TEN officers involved in these drug busts..
how many cops are they using to arrest these food not bomb people?

In San Francisco the food not bomb people use to get arrested a few years ago.. these days the police seem to look the other way.. so there is SOME hope ..

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The problem is, what happens when more and more people turn up to get their free food, before you know it, the situation spirals out of control and you have major public disorder. Thats why it is naive to think that they should be allowed to carry out this sort of thing. It encourages tramps and vagrancy and unlawfulness. Not only that, but it also dissolves the state of their responsibility for feeding the people. This is why they SHOULD be arrested.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GaddaffiDuck
The problem is, what happens when more and more people turn up to get their free food, before you know it, the situation spirals out of control and you have major public disorder. Thats why it is naive to think that they should be allowed to carry out this sort of thing. It encourages tramps and vagrancy and unlawfulness. Not only that, but it also dissolves the state of their responsibility for feeding the people. This is why they SHOULD be arrested.

You do know that Florida is a Red state, which means bad welfare program for vulnerable citizens right. Besides, unemployment is high.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Isn't poverty one of the leading causes of crime? Food Not Bombs is doing its best to relieve some of the symptoms of poverty, and also they're trying to show that the general pubic cares about our homeless. If anything, they are doing more to stop crime than every one of those worthless cops that busted them. I guess in Orlando its official: Caring and kindness are illegal! TPTB want social unrest, they WANT people to be afraid to care. Just keep your head down, your mouth shut and ignore all of the chaos and human suffering around you!!

There is only one proper reaction to this fiasco:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I would have liked to see more than 2 sentences explaining what happened here. But, no. Just a blog that craps on the cops. Cool, par for the times. If that floats your boat good luck with that.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectBlue

The thing is, the general public DOESNT care, otherwise it would be neighbours and family and other closer community members looking after these "vulnerable citizens"(btw this is a convenient blanket term that covers a multitude of different situations). And it would not take a small new age millitia of food warriors to do the job IF the general public actually did care.
Would be much better to arm the hungry and encourage them to break into peoples homes, or commit armed street robbery so they can feed themselves.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Gotta chime !
I'm definetly seeing these people in clear defiance of a known law. And the law is't against feeding people.
There seems to be some heavy spin on this heading. The city clearly has an ordinance against just any body setting up shop and serving food in the park. Is this messed up for the cops that they have to enforce this law? Most likely. But it's the law for crips sakes. These people from food bombs, seem more determined to break the law and get some publicity, then they are to feed the homeless. The cops are right .

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

For each person arrested for these stupid policies, that is one more cop off the street who should be fighting real crime.

Yeah, but you forget, "fighting real crime" takes balls. Do you really expect these clownish looking useless tax liabilities to have the courage to fight real crime?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Gotta chime !
I'm definetly seeing these people in clear defiance of a known law. And the law is't against feeding people.
There seems to be some heavy spin on this heading. The city clearly has an ordinance against just any body setting up shop and serving food in the park. Is this messed up for the cops that they have to enforce this law? Most likely. But it's the law for crips sakes. These people from food bombs, seem more determined to break the law and get some publicity, then they are to feed the homeless. The cops are right .

I have to disagree with you, Do what is right from your heart.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/76ee5a7458cd.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
Yeah, but you forget, "fighting real crime" takes balls. Do you really expect these clownish looking useless tax liabilities to have the courage to fight real crime?

This asshat has to ask......... are you going to do it? Please give me an answer that isn't internet bravado.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MIDNIGHTSUN
I have to disagree with you, Do what is right from your heart.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/76ee5a7458cd.jpg[/atsimg]

Nothing wrong with questioning authority. Do it for the right reasons though. Not just because you want to seem like your parents......... that actually DID challenge authority. Seems like some just want to fight the system and don't care whether the cause is just or not.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join