It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Orlando Police Steal food from Children, Arrest 6 MORE for feeding the Hungry

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
But all I see here is that people are crying because some "good natured hippie types" are trying to feed the poor, starving homeless people and those big, bad, mean jack-booted thugs came straight out of "1984" and # on their birthday cake.

Another derogatory personal opinion - knee-jerk emotional reaction?

1. Laws tend to be made because there was a problem/issue.

2. Why was this law really made? And who made it? Is there any legitimacy to the reason.

3. What can be done through legal means to change or amend it.

4. Are the homeless being offered alternate options? If not - what could be done?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

disney corp police at work walt how greed has screwed over your lifes work.

Dressed like overgrown Brownies, no less. Somebody really needs to buy the Disney Food Police some uniforms. Did they confiscate any cookies they can sell door to door to raise some cash so they can at least look like a real police force?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

But all I see here is that people are crying because some "good natured hippie types" are trying to feed the poor, starving homeless people and those big, bad, mean jack-booted thugs came straight out of "1984" and # on their birthday cake.

Another derogatory personal opinion - knee-jerk emotional reaction?

1. Laws tend to be made because there was a problem/issue.

2. Why was this law really made? And who made it? Is there any legitimacy to the reason.

3. What can be done through legal means to change or amend it.

4. Are the homeless being offered alternate options? If not - what could be done?

1. The issue here is that if you want to hold a public gathering on public land, you need a permit which this "group" did not have.

2. See ^

3. Why should we? In and of itself it is a perfectly harmless law. Without it, there would be nothing stopping me and my band of circus freaks from setting up shop at any park we wanted, blasting the mariachi music as loud as our 2 dozen amplifiers can go at 5:am Sunday morning while asking for donations to feed the homeless.

4. a Yes. They are called soup kitchens.
b. The homeless people who really, REALLY don't want to be that way anymore will find their own options on how to get out of that situation. They won't wait for someone boneheaded organization to give it to them. If you want to do something right, you have to do it yourself.
edit on 19-6-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
There are plenty of places folks can go in Orlando to get a handout. The food not bombs idiots have to know that, and know they can set up shop in many places that will accept them, help them and the homeless have already come to know where it is located...etc.

This kind of crap is just a stunt to tug at your liberal heart-strings and make you feel bad for what you have. This is nothing but propaganda. And to those feeling sorry for all the sad little kittens that are so soft and cuddly, and just need our help to get back on their feet.....you obviously have never worked in the "homeless industry" before and your liberal learnings have nothing to do with reality. Most of these people are vermin. Poor life choices by them and/or their families have ruined them for life. For the majority of these nasty degenerates there is no hand up, they are incapable of taking a hand up, they only know how to take a hand-out.

So yeah, feed them in an area once and next thing you know you have an infestation of nastiness that ruins the public park for everyone else that just wants to use it for what its for without having to walk around and smell human piss and see people crapping in the bushes then begging for money. They are nasty. We should round them up and send them to Mexico to see how that country likes it when a bunch of uneducated worthless scum come trolling over the border illegally and ruin every area they infest.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Being an SS officer was just a job too.

By all means, go after the ones who make the laws. But enforcing said laws make one just as implicit.

And blowing up people in other countries is just a job too.

You want to throw in the KKK and the constitution for some obscure reason now too?

I don't see how the fact that your being payed to murder people makes it any better???

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
Most of these people are vermin.

You sound a little rough around the edges friend, so please don't forget that the keyword there is MOST. There are a few people out there who don't deserve that and will make their way back out.

"there is no hand up, they are incapable of taking a hand up, they only know how to take a hand-out"

You just hit hit the nail on the head. I couldn't have put it better myself.

edit on 19-6-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

There are plenty of places folks can go in Orlando to get a handout. The food not bombs idiots have to know that, and know they can set up shop in many places that will accept them, help them and the homeless have already come to know where it is located...etc.

This kind of crap is just a stunt to tug at your liberal heart-strings and make you feel bad for what you have. This is nothing but propaganda. And to those feeling sorry for all the sad little kittens that are so soft and cuddly, and just need our help to get back on their feet.....you obviously have never worked in the "homeless industry" before and your liberal learnings have nothing to do with reality. Most of these people are vermin. Poor life choices by them and/or their families have ruined them for life. For the majority of these nasty degenerates there is no hand up, they are incapable of taking a hand up, they only know how to take a hand-out.

So yeah, feed them in an area once and next thing you know you have an infestation of nastiness that ruins the public park for everyone else that just wants to use it for what its for without having to walk around and smell human piss and see people crapping in the bushes then begging for money. They are nasty. We should round them up and send them to Mexico to see how that country likes it when a bunch of uneducated worthless scum come trolling over the border illegally and ruin every area they infest.

Sure, there are those types who do homelessness as a lifestyle. Many are mentally ill and/or have chemical dependencies.
But then too there are those never before homeless who through some type of catastrophe have wound up on the street. Success is not a static thing.
I know because I was there for almost nine months. I had never been homeless before but knew going into it that I would be getting out of it. I had to leave Illinois in order to do it..jobs were really scarce in the area I was at (that place is a sinking ship). Even though I was somewhat disabled at the time, I got hired for a job three weeks after I had left Illinois in another state.
What I noticed is that the "homeless industry" doesn't seem to make the differentiation between folks who are chronic homeless and folks who are homeless but making a distinct effort to attempt to emerge from it. If things keep going they way they are there is going to be a lot more of the latter. I often wonder how many of those folks who looked down on me when I was homeless have since had thier houses foreclosed on and are themselves homeless.
Most folks in this country, quiet as its kept, are just a hair's breadth away from the streets.
edit on 19-6-2011 by PaganArchangel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaganArchangel

Sure, there are those types who do homelessness as a lifestyle. Many are mentally ill or have chemical dependencies.
But then too there are those never before homeless who through some type of catastrophe have wound up on the street. Success is not a static thing.
I know because I was there for almost nine months. I had never been homeless before but knew going into it that I would be getting out of it. I had to leave Illinois in order to do it..jobs were really scarce in the area I was at (that place is a sinking ship). Even though I was somewhat disabled at the time, I got hired for a job three weeks after I had left Illinois in another state.
What I noticed is that the "homeless industry" doesn't seem to make the differentiation between folks who are chronic homeless and folks who are homeless but making a distinct effort to attempt to emerge from it. If things keep going they way they are there is going to be a lot more of the latter. I often wonder how many of those folks who looked down on me when I was homeless have since had thier houses foreclosed on and are themselves homeless.
Most folks in this country, quiet as its kept, are just a hair's breadth away from the streets.

If more people like you saw re-locating as a viable option, I wonder what the unemployment stats would look like. You made a very good point there.

If people had the common sense to do it in the great depression, Oklahoma to California for instance, why don't people have the common sense to do it now?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PaganArchangel

And I'm not worried about those type of homeless. For they wont be homeless any longer than they can help it. They are also not the type that are doing the homeless thing "wrong" like career homeless scum do.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Orlando must be a crime free city...

A dozen pigs assigned to arrest people for feeding the poor and hungry. This would mean that dozen or so leos are not available to investigate real crimes.

Why is all the craziest stories in Florida?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaganArchangel

Sure, there are those types who do homelessness as a lifestyle. Many are mentally ill or have chemical dependencies.

If more people like you saw re-locating as a viable option, I wonder what the unemployment stats would look like. You made a very good point there.

If people had the common sense to do it in the great depression, Oklahoma to California for instance, why don't people have the common sense to do it now?

I wondered that myself.
For some reason, whether it be for reasons of leaving family, or a location where they have grown up/resided in for many years or just plain fear of the unknown people stay planted even though they know thier world around them is imploding. I guess I am lucky in the fact that I don't get too attached to places, especially if they become toxic. Luckily I got the hell out in 2006 before The Crash. Folks i talk to who are still there says it is REALLY bad now and they wish they had left too. But many of them have roots in those communities.
Really, I think its fear of the unknown more than anything.
But the way I see it, there comes a point where you have to do SOMETHING and leaving IL with $160.00 in my pocket, a prayer and a three-day drive across two states was my answer. I'm glad I did it.
Frankly, when I was homeless I could not see how people could be homeless as a life style. I had no chemical dependencies or anything like that and it was a stressful situation to be in as it was. Some of the people I met out in the the wild were obnoxious because of dependency or mental illness, and I felt sorry for some of them (especially the mentally ill, they could not help themselves). I couldn't imagine how much more stressful it would have been if my head wasn't right.
edit on 19-6-2011 by PaganArchangel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

There used to be a time when being in the same town with your family and friends all your life meant that you were one of the fortunate ones. That the ones who never got attached to people and just kind of roamed from town to town were the ones living an "unfortunate life."

My how times have changed huh?

I understand being afraid of the unknown. When you're first faced with the unknown, that's the feeling you're going to have. But people need to realize that going into an unknown situation is not going to kill them. If they're armed with enough resources and information, it isn't even going to hurt them.

And that's probably what I don't understand. Back in the '30's people really were facing the unknown. But with the internet, it's possible to move to another city and know more about it before you even get there than someone who's been there their whole life.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

Originally posted by voidla
Please stand up to this America!

Nobody's going to stand up to it, no media outlet will get to the bottom of police corruption, nobody will sue these cops, nobody will even toilet-paper their homes. We don't do anything except complain on the internet.

Damn stud, do you have to be so straight out ? That should of hurt even you to say.

I remember when I was a kid, 14, we use to toilet paper this cops house in our hood every friday night. Up til the
the fourth friday night in a row. That last night about 2 in the morning we were out there tossing rolls. The cop and four of his friends came bursting out of the house and from else where. All five converged on one of us. That's right me.

Those bungholes held me down and tickled me til I peed my fricken pants!
Then they let me up and brought my bike. I swear they got way more fun out of it then we ever did . They were fall'in down laugh'in their asses off.
I was so humiliated.
Long story short that cop and I became pretty gooid friends after that.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

3. Why should we? In and of itself it is a perfectly harmless law. Without it, there would be nothing stopping me and my band of circus freaks from setting up shop at any park we wanted, blasting the mariachi music as loud as our 2 dozen amplifiers can go at 5:am Sunday morning while asking for donations to feed the homeless.

True. I know what happened in Santa Monica CA - I don't know the area in Florida. Are there shops/restaurants? Is there is a large number of homeless that are harassing foot traffic - - that its affecting business?

In Santa Monica there are restaurants with street patios. Homeless would walk by and take food right off your plate.

If a bunch of homeless people were hanging out in the front yards of some of these "reactionary" posters - - they would feel very differently about it - - because it would affect them directly.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by renegadeloser

Food Not Bombs has over 400 chapters about half outside the US. Eric Montaneg a member of the Florida chapter had been arrested for feeding TOO MANY people in a park.He was acquitted Oct. 2007. Food Not Bombs and the First Vegabonds Church of God then sued Orlando and won. Orlando Appealed the decision to the 11th US Circuit Court of Appeals which overturned the Lower Courts decision. However barring the city of Orlando from enforcing the ordinance until a 10 Judge Panels made a ruling. Mayor Buddy Dyer along with some federals agencies has since accused the Florida Chapter of Food Not Bombs of being food terrorists. Claiming that their stance against continuous war and bringing to light that there is no excuse for hunger and the homeless in the US. Makes them terrorists. If anything should make us aware of the conditions which prevail in the US using the war on terrorism to put into place personal ideas or control mechanisms it should be this.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The police don't want to touch the real criminals.Because the real criminals would fire them.

Those police look like they had nothing better to do.Like they were just dying for some action.I mean,do they actually think people are going to put up with these stupid laws?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

There used to be a time when being in the same town with your family and friends all your life meant that you were one of the fortunate ones. That the ones who never got attached to people and just kind of roamed from town to town were the ones living an "unfortunate life."

My how times have changed huh?

I understand being afraid of the unknown. When you're first faced with the unknown, that's the feeling you're going to have. But people need to realize that going into an unknown situation is not going to kill them. If they're armed with enough resources and information, it isn't even going to hurt them.

And that's probably what I don't understand. Back in the '30's people really were facing the unknown. But with the internet, it's possible to move to another city and know more about it before you even get there than someone who's been there their whole life.

My situation was really weird. I knew I had to leave but had no idea where I was going. I had just finished eating at a roadside restaraunt when I got into a conversation with a couple from MN who told me about thier community and the fact that they had several moderately large businesses out there, one of which fell into my IT skill-set. I had just finished helping clean up and paint the kitchen area in a bar for a few bucks and had just gotten paid for it the previous day. I left IL the next day with the $ 160.00 in my pocket without the foggiest idea of what I was driving into. I got to the community and after resting for a couple of days (I was exhausted) I started putting in applications around town and checking back everyday with them. I had a job in relatively no time and rented a motel room in a fleabag motel until I could get a real address. I have been here ever since.
Its tough, but not impossible.
Strangely enough, I have never again seen the folks that I spoke to in that restaraunt... that is the most bizarre part to me.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Damned if I don't like your story. One of my favorite things about ATS is sharing these little things like this .Very cool indeed.

Annee
I have to agree with every point you've made so far. I even had my sack lunch lifted one time when I was working a storefront right their by La cienega on Santa Monica. I would have given it to 'em if they would've asked so it didn't really bother me. I can't help but feel for them.
edit on 19-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

some people here are really heartless, is funny how they call them self christians, when they don't know a thing of caring and sharing for another human that have less luck. of course I would like to see a perfect world where nobody steals, no violence , no hunger and no sickness, also no lazy bumbs, no fat people and no ugly people just like in the movies.
I hate to break it to you guys but no matter how much science or civilization have grown we are still in the SIN world, that means that crime, hunger and violence will never end.
great video, orlando cops need to question their superiors

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I couldn't turn down a hungry person because I know what it feels like to be hungry.
During my homelessness I had my three Cats with me ..I always made sure they were watered and fed and had litter (we lived in a van). If you have children (regardless of type) they eat before you do.
I remember one time I personally was eating peanut butter out of a jar with a knife because that was all the human food I had at the time. I will never forget that as long as I live.
I have held onto my Cats going into and coming out of the wild. Two have since passed due to old age and I still have the youngest one.
Intense hunger is the worst feeling in the World - I could never turn down a hungry person - I get them a sandwich, burger...something.
Hard to know unless you've been there, I guess.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join