It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Missing Threads Conspiracy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
As far as I'm concerned, the pro-Zionist and anti-9/11 conspiracy posturings of the mods around here is proof positive that something fishy is going on.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

Exactly You simply stated you it was mere conjecture:

Conjecture(Definition) Reasoning that involved the formation of conclusions from incomplete evidence.

A message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence.

edit on 17-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

Exactly You simply stated you it was mere conjecture:

Conjecture(Definition) Reasoning that involved the formation of conclusions from incomplete evidence.

A message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence.

Exactly that my friend...

I try and use my words wisely and conjecture is most definately one of the words in my OP that was used in such a way, to convey what I meant fully... but ofcourse there are going to be people who misunderstood what has been said.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Just the garden variety removal of content has probably happened. Maybe there was copyrighted material, maybe something was incorrect and the original source was lost or corrected. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that SO or any other owner would remove some kind of content by request and with a decent reason.
you're being misdirective or plain just not listening. I'm telling you that SO told me that content was removed due to an ongoing investigation. That is how I remember it. Until I see the posts again (which I can't be bothered digging up) that's how I will rememeber it.

the OP was talking about a true conspiracy theory that got too close to the truth, and some alphabet agency or TPTB demanded removal. I do not think any of the owners on this site would give up a story like that! I think they would publish the request and ride the momentum to the bitter end!

then methinks you're delusional, SO isn't going to jail for content, if that was the only other option the content would be removed - again basing this only on the track record & common sense. He has a family & a good life, unless those things were going to be sacrificed whether he did or didn't allow the posts to remain available online I can't see *anyone* risking those things for the availability of info on one particular website. that would be a stupid move & go against natural survival instinct and love, for that matter.

I could very well be wrong.

so could I, but I don't think I am.

Peace,
-Bob
edit on 17/6/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by James1982
Honestly I think the issue that causes all these ideas is that threads are deleted, instead of simply removing the offending posts from the thread.

But in this case, the author of this thread has claimed to have knowledge that some mysterious entity has forced us to remove threads because we've come too close to the truth.
It's an absurd and insulting accusation.

I wouldn't use the word absurd--intelligence agency manipulation of popular outlets have been a reality for years.

However, I do appreciate yourself and staff opening up to what I think is probably the core issue that's been echoing across the boards. I think I can safely say a lot of us feel the rules have been a little constrictive. We've all had content that we had invested someway in, only to see it disappear.

While I still think the word "absurd" is harsh, I don't believe you're CIA and I understand you feeling insulted. But we're tin-hatters remember.

I notice you and staff are opening up to our few gripes about the bar-none best conspiracy site the world has ever known, so please loosen up a bit on the amount of 404s. I think that would probably go a long way. Thanks for weighing in.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The only threads I recall being given the 404 treatment since I joined that I wondered about were those talking about Amalgam and the alleged involvement of a virus, something to do with Russia, yadda yadda.

The original I have no idea why that got deleted but the following threads asking about it got canned for violating the T&C by making threads about a banned member (who knows, the member who posted the original could've been one of many trolls who keep returning after previous violations).

CIA owned? I'd say they'd be interested but owning ATS or running it in any way......not so much.

Remember, this site and forum was set up because of the 9/11 attacks and subsequent conspiracies and just grew larger. As a site grows, interest from outside is drawn closer and if one of those is an alphabet group due to the nature of some of the topics of discussion here then so be it but I can understand and sympathise with our esteemed leader SO purely because I know I've been there with accusations of something I knew to be false (in my case, a forum I'd been running suddenly stopped working, most admin accounts including my own had been deleted somehow, to this day I'm still not sure how it happened but others accused me of sabotaging my own forum to gain sympathy and new members that way, outright lies)

The thing is, it's ok to question authority, it's when you push authority too far that you get into trouble instead of knowing when to back down. I'm sure SO could possibly speak with you in private to reassure you of your worries and queries but then it begs the question, why should he? He's as busy as you and honestly, while the OP was indeed something I've seen asked before over the months since joining, there has to be a time when you give up the ghost and hold your hands up before stepping back surely?

I'm not expecting you to quit asking because I don't have an authority over you nor would I wield such power over anybody even if I did because we're all free to speak, think and question for ourselves but I just can't see what else you could gain from this other than SO's ire and more frustration on your part at not getting the answers you desire.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HenryPatrick

Thats definitely something Note-worthy. Its good to have both sides of the story i guess to stir up discussion of such topics. Its possible your statement holds much credence.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Wanted in fourteen county's of this state. Condemned, as found guilty of the crimes of: murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices. The theft of sacred objects. Arson in a state prison. Perjury. Bigamy. Hurting his wife and children. Citing prostitution. Kidnapping. Extortion. Receiving stolen goods. Selling stolen goods. Passing counterfeit money. And contrary to the laws of this state the condemned is guilty of using marked cards... therefore according to the powers invested in us, we sentence the accused here before us: Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez, and any other aliases he might have to hang by the neck until dead. God have mercy on his soul

Excellent choice of quotation, although in all rational probability an exercise in futility.

Regardless, Sergio Leone was a visionary...

I hope this helps the OP, random snippets from spaghetti westerns always improves my personal attitude.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I have seen many post vanish.
ATS have been warned by some one?
you know the public press is total controlled.
so why not ATS.
we will never find the truth on ATS
if ATS are the ones doing it.
we need a way Not on this site for people to put there post.
that have been removed.
by the person who started it.
Never blindly trust Any one.
Did you really believe ATS could go on
with out TPTB taking control?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
not the posts I had in mind but its all I could find...

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord Way back in 2000, SImon Gray received a DoD request to remove a paragraph on a article he wrote about a secret facility (forget which article). The paragraph was based on an anonymous email he received, and apparently contained sensitive information. He complied.

In 2004, we received a request from a DIA Special Agent to remove his phone number from a thread. We complied.

Those are the only specific requests of which I'm aware. Of course, lots of content has been proactively removed by us -- nearly all of it has been material that contains personal information.

source

Peace,
-Bob

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

Wow that sounds like some serious stuff. Top Secret Info Being Removed! By request from the Government.

Is the Government Allowed to request Information to be removed/Censored?

Doesn't Freedom of Information Protect this right.?

Or does ATS have to comply to a government Removal of any subject and/or topic
edit on 17-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

what do you think?

personally I think there are certain circumstances where that can only be the case, but ofcourse only when sensitive material comes to light, there's some stuff that is allowed to come up and ofcourse the really heavy stuff we never see the light of.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse
reply to post by B.Morrison

Wow that sounds like some serious stuff.
it sounds like exactly what you want it to... that depends on your perceptions...

Top Secret Info Being Removed!

sensitive is not by default 'top secret' it can also mean it is part of an ongoing investigation and cannot be released until the investigation is finished.

By request from the Government.

there is nothing I found on their site DIA which suggests they answer to the government, rather, they appear to inform the government for a fee.

Is the Government Allowed to request Information to be removed/Censored?

I have no idea

Doesn't Freedom of Information Protect this right.?

interesting choice of words...apples & oranges I would suspect...

Or does ATS have to comply to a government Removal of any subject and/or topic

which is what exactly?

Peace,
-Bob
edit on 17/6/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resentedhalo08
and ofcourse the really heavy stuff we never see the light of.

how heavy does it have to get to be 'heavy'? you aren't looking hard enough.

Peace,
-Bob

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
Honestly don't think the real conspiracy websites are open to the general public.

Really?

Is that a conspiracy? Because, you know... you're on a .... never mind..

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Skeptic is asking for proof/evidence of a thread being deleted because it came too close to the truth, but that doesn't add up because it's the entire point of this conspiracy's postulate. If the thread has been 404'd/deleted how can we possibly provide evidence; and even if we had a script/SS of the entire thread how can we prove it was 404'd on the basis that it was approaching a specific truth. I'm not saying this is the obvious nature of the site, but it's a conspiracy and a very valid/expected one for a user to bring up at that. I think the site owner/moderators coming out and calling the OP crazy or completely wrong doesn't do anything but dig a deeper hole for themselves. If I walked up to a corporate elite and accused them of stealing trillions and/or manipulating the economies of the world, and then they said "Who me? Hell no, of course not!", does that really do ANYTHING to discredit the theory? On the contrary if the person(s) being accused don't respond with a web of outright lies I'd be extremely disappointed in them. In the end, at some point you just have to expect the community of conspiracist you created to turn around and call you the conspirator anyway.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Of course what you suggest is possible. Not sure how likely it is though. I do not understand why the site owner wouldnt admit to this being a possibility as well, unless this is all just a shameless plug for the new ATS thought police indicator thingy, if thats the case...how funny.

Lot of folks here like to name drop in a rather vague fashion, like saying "oh I work for the 'government'" and we cant do this or that. " Or say things like "i been in da law enfocement fo 500 yrs and I ASSURE YOU we cant do dat stuff" Whatever.

If there was representation from any government agency worth its salt operating here then that luffner puke wouldnt have slipped through the cracks.

And if the spookity spooks were secretly running ATS..they never would have let it be known that that scumbag was a member,

Thats probably one indicator that the owner isnt a spook..they didnt delete gutbags posts, they left them up for revenue generated by increased site traffic..Not the actions of a clandestine operative...a buisnessperson..yes..a spy ....probably not.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Staff is always available to discuss why an action was taken. We are always willing to work with members.

I know it's a little late in the thread to bring this up, but this is not entirely true.

I have sent a couple messages via complaints, alerts and U2U to a super mod about certain issues and question and have never received an answer or clarification.
I understand that your job, while it's not actually a job, is quite burdensome but as I have said before...you are dealing with CT's! We analyze everything.

So unfortunately this statement is not completely true.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

So, is there an ATS Missing Threads Conspiracy at play here?
Maybe, maybe not. I suppose it all depends on what threads were deleted.

I have been a member here at ATS since virtually its inception, 3 web sites in the past. I have seen many post, and threads "suicide,ded" lol. I myself have had many posts deleted without explanation. I have had my super mod position pulled with no reason given. Conspiracy? What an absurd idea

Why are posts and threads deleted? Arrogance, fear, and maybe sometimes, ignorance. I have always felt the TPTB were behind this site in some hidden controlling way, concealing the secret of secrets and maneuvering discussions away from some "ultimate" truth. But then that all depends on who you think TPTB really are.

You would think a site like this would actively recruit people with exceptional abilities to further the exploration into the unknown, not stop them when they crest the mountain top to see the truth.

After all the years I have spent on ATS, it now appears to have been a wast of time. Now, you can delete this one too.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
When john lear got banned, the mods first said he'd left of his own free will and they didnt know why...they they changed the story to the T&C being breached by his false claims.

Incorrect.

We've always been clear that his posting ban may be lifted, if he would only apologize for posting false information.

Later on john was interviewed and asked about his departure of ATS and he said he got banned without warning. Then he was allowed on for one session. Then he got banned permanently.

He lied. What surprise.

He said he never did find out why for sure,

Odd. He posted our entire email exchange (with my permission) to his pages on thelivingmoon.com where I was very clear as to the reasons for his posting ban.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join