It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Missing Threads Conspiracy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
To an extent, I agree with the OP. ATS feels "too set-up like" and could be a conspiracy itself. Though the mods and admins will disagree adamantly about this but ATS could be a government site to spread mis-info and dis-info.

On the other side, I do believe some people on here are sincere and truthful in what they are saying (when they speak about some topic or topics).

In conclusion, I don't know what to think anymore about this site.
Maybe I am just paranoid about this.

edit on 17-6-2011 by sphinx551 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

I'm not sure if that was a joke or not, but.....

I really doubt that ATS was set up, or currently run for the purposes you state. I have absolutely no doubt that thousands upon thousands of people have "woken up" so to speak, just because of ATS. They stumble across this site while looking at UFO stuff, or some random political event, and then get enthralled with all the other stuff that is flowing out of ATS's contributor's minds.

I personally have seen a ton of stuff here that I never would have, if I wasn't an active member. While I cannot credit ATS for my beliefs as I held them before finding ATS, I can certainly credit it for furthering the conviction that I have towards such beliefs.

I honestly think that any potential benefit that the TPTB would get from setting up ATS as a ruse, or to keep tabs on people would be FAR outweighed by the figurative treasure trove that is available to everyone.

Which is why I want to keep repeating the fact that I don't believe ATS to be run, or controlled by TPTB. My interest in this thread is simply to get an explanation to events that I truly don't understand.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Some threads that get 404 are intersting. In some instances would it not be possible to lock the thread down and remove violating content and it would be really nice if 404 threads, gave a reason for their demise...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resentedhalo08
I am the type of person that will always question authority and I will always ask questions, to some they may seem to be awkward but to me it is probing towards a truth, I am a seeker of truth... as are everyone on this site, hence why they are here discussing such subjects.

Reflexively "questioning authority" does not automatically give one credibility in "seeking truth."

The "authority" here exists to keep the focus of discussion on the most-important issues which are relevant to the core ideals of understanding the truths not yet revealed. Some topics only peripherally relate -- such as narcotics, swearing, hacking, hate, etc. -- and those extreme minority topics/expression are restricted so as not to detract from the vast majority.

My OP was nothing personal but a question,

It's unfortunate that you continue to be unable to understand how you made it personal -- by "calling me out" (and the rest of our staff) as removing threads at the direction of some type of shadowy government controller, then misrepresenting to our entire membership the how and why of thread removals. This site represents an intense "labor of love" from everyone, from me down to our newest moderator, and such accusations are a direct insult to each person involved.

I have seen it happen personally, a few times... I have seen other people talk about it happening to them,

You keep saying that... and keep running the implied insult... but have yet to provide examples.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
Some threads that get 404 are intersting.

I don't disagree.

Personally, there are many topics I would prefer be part of ATS which are currently restricted under the Terms & Conditions. However, the good of the many outweigh the good of the one or few.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

I have a similar opinion to yours... however I think as ATS has grown bigger, afterall it is the biggest Conspiracy Theory website on the internet (as far as I know) then certain governments will have become VERY interested in what has been discussed here and I am very sure they have certain methods to, firstly discredit a thread that they don't want attention given to, to derail a thread and also an ability, however much the ownership and moderators say to actually come here, hack their servers and delete any information they wish.

With regards to hacking, trust me I know what I am talking about here, I am not going to go into any details as I do respect the T&C.

There are certainly ways of getting various peices of information ignored and/or deleted from this site, like other's have stated a government agency wouldn't even have to hack into such a site, under ATS's current structure all they would have to do is breach the T&C under a few different aliases and the thread will be deleted by the mods.
edit on 17-6-2011 by Resentedhalo08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

There are certainly ways of getting various peices of information ignored and/or deleted from this site, like other's have stated a government agency wouldn't even have to hack into such a site, under ATS's current structure all the would have to do is breach the T&C under a few different aliases and the thread will be deleted by the mods.

Jeezuz... you're not giving up are you?

You really think one or two errant contributor is going to influence the removal of an entire thread?

Seriously, you're getting way too deep into a non-issue.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
When john lear got banned, the mods first said he'd left of his own free will and they didnt know why...they they changed the story to the T&C being breached by his false claims.

Later on john was interviewed and asked about his departure of ATS and he said he got banned without warning. Then he was allowed on for one session. Then he got banned permanently.

He said he never did find out why for sure, but he felt it was to do with a disagreement over the content he was posting. He said he was surprised to have got away with it for so long...because he was posting so near the truth. He said a guy called gary dix had a similar exsperience.

I dunno how true that is...but I know its what he said.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

There are certainly ways of getting various peices of information ignored and/or deleted from this site, like other's have stated a government agency wouldn't even have to hack into such a site, under ATS's current structure all the would have to do is breach the T&C under a few different aliases and the thread will be deleted by the mods.

You really think one or two errant contributor is going to influence the removal of an entire thread?

Better back off op. I think Skeptic is getting frustrated. I would hate to se a similar thread from a new member.

I see this thread getting 404'd..........If you do not back down a hair, op.

I quoted you Skeptic because I see the tone getting "deeper". I am just looking out for a fellow member.
edit on 17-6-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

There was a thread made about the end one the world it provided a PDF with over 100 pages of interesting information on the subject that thread disappeared and further searches for the PDF turned up negative.. I think there is some truth to this..

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
This have never happened to me and the only times I encountered a 404'ed thread was one which had a provocative title and was clearly a T&C violation and another which I found had been posted about 4 times.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

All I can say in my defence is I don't post a thread lightly, I will only post a thread here on ATS when I believe in something strongly. Please have a look at my previous history of creating threads, there aren't a great number in comparison to some other members, which IMO show's this was not a tactic to gain attention but merely to highight something I see and have a strong opinion about.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

It's unfortunate that you continue to be unable to understand how you made it personal -- by "calling me out" (and the rest of our staff) as removing threads at the direction of some type of shadowy government controller, then misrepresenting to our entire membership the how and why of thread removals. This site represents an intense "labor of love" from everyone, from me down to our newest moderator, and such accusations are a direct insult to each person involved.

Just Curious

Is it against T and C; To purport that ATS is censoring threads etc. I suppose that could be a conspiracy in itself;
Since this is a conspiracy site and all

I don't think the OP(Original Post) really personally called anyone out but he did seem to purport that ATS was covering up threads etc.

From what he stated though didn't seem like he 'Personally' targeted anyone in particular; It seemed like just mere conjecture on his part.

My theory is, prehaps and not all the time (as there are justified deletions sometimes) a discussion goes too near a truth, prehaps ATS have been warned about certain subject and if it is too near something they have been warned against they delete it out of fear or out of a misplaced loyalty.

Many here have accused ATS of being a CIA front, of being a misinformation campaign, what if this is true and the majority of the discussions here are allowed to stay as they deflect from another truth?

Ofcourse this is all conjecture and I am very sure that there will be many replies saying no to all I have said... but afterall I have placed this within skunkworks.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Plus, if you think SO has any reason to be evasive or lie, think about this.

I don't think SO is/was lying but now I think you yourself are unaware of such an event because...

How much money would a "real" conspiracy be worth to the site? Imagine an email or a memo or a document demanding some thread be taken down because it was too close to the truth? That would be a windfall for the owners of the site!! Not to mention, they are conspiracy theorists like the rest of us! Do you really think someone that started and runs a conpsiracy site, would pass up an opportunity to get rich and expose a real conspiracy?
Come on. It has not happened.

counter intuiative it may be, but according to my memory of conversations with SO, something definable as "an outside organisation demanding the removal of content due to ongoing investigation" has happened before.

At first I thought it was a bunch of different things now I'm pretty sure SO was just referring to some 'alien channelling' people that were banned from this site & later had to have associated content removed.

If needed I'll try to dig up the posts...though tbh I'm bored of that story & I imagine the staff here do not wish to have to dredg through it all again...

Peace,
-Bob

P.S) I'm not supporting the op's theory in terms of methods & madness, just that removal of content on command of outside parties has happened before as far as i can remember; and probably would again if necessary.
edit on 17/6/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Who was John Lear are any of his Threads still available on ATS i'd like to see Some of the threads. I like to read any kind of Conspiracies especially if they are close to the Truth.

Peace

-The Universe.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse
reply to post by Sinny

Who was John Lear are any of his Threads still available on ATS i'd like to see Some of the threads. I like to read any kind of Conspiracies especially if they are close to the Truth.

Peace

-The Universe.

ATS Search

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

Who was John Lear

Hey universe...that question may actually irk some members so badly that their BP will hit new highs...

Well done..!

Now, being an astute member of ATS, I'm sure you are aware of the search bar - yes..? You should take it for a joy ride, otherwise you're gonna find this place quite critical...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

P.S) I'm not supporting the op's theory in terms of methods & madness, just that removal of content on command of outside parties has happened before as far as i can remember; and probably would again if necessary.

Just the garden variety removal of content has probably happened. Maybe there was copyrighted material, maybe something was incorrect and the original source was lost or corrected. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that SO or any other owner would remove some kind of content by request and with a decent reason.

BUT, the OP was talking about a true conspiracy theory that got too close to the truth, and some alphabet agency or TPTB demanded removal. I do not think any of the owners on this site would give up a story like that! I think they would publish the request and ride the momentum to the bitter end!

I could very well be wrong. Faced with death threats or tax evasion, or any of the other manipulative powers that the government wields could be very intimidating, but from what I have seen of the owners, I believe they would do everything in their power to protect their own integrity and share the truth!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Most people don't have real names as their UserName:

Thats why i inquired. Isn't that even what the Website Promotes/Ecourages? Not to use your real Name as your Username

edit on 17-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
BUT, the OP was talking about a true conspiracy theory that got too close to the truth, and some alphabet agency or TPTB demanded removal.

Correction, I was talking about the possibility of that... look at the words I used, namely the use of prehaps
I was mainy concerned about certain subjects being swept under the carpect, knowingly or unknowingly...

and have further have elaborated on what I think throughout this thread in order to try and clear up any confusion.

But time and time again people have tried to bear bait me and twist my words.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join