It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why casey anthony?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

Originally posted by Sparky63

Just because the jury found her innocent doesn't mean that she is innocent. She is going to be guilty in the eyes of most people. Jury's are not immune to being stupid.

I agree with 50% of what you say....... just because the jury found her innocent doesn't mean that she is "innocent". That's true. But the innuendo about the jury being "stupid"? We must keep in mind that all juries receive criteria by which they must decided the verdict. Clearly, this jury followed the criteria they were given and their verdict is evidence of this.

A jury of public opinion is not similarly hamstrung by the precise legal criteria by which this case was to be judged.

You are correct, in that my expression falls in the category of public opinion. Our court system is not perfect. Guilty people are at times found by juries to be innocent while Innocent people are sometimes convicted of crimes they did not commit.
I think we are far too willing to give the jury a pass on the decisions they make. We, as a society rarely, if ever, hold their feet to the fire for the decisions they reach, even if later those decisions are found to be completely wrong.
I guess if it were different and jurists were held accountable for the verdicts they render, no one would serve on a jury.

Jurists seem to become anonymous cogs in the wheels of justice. After a week or two we usually forget about them.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I have not watched this case, so cant really say if she is guilty or not. But! if she were a little on the ugly side or a man, and they found weed on her. She would be doing life in prison.

Ah but alas justice always seems to prevail. lol. My money is on what ObvTruth said she will get out with good behavior in a couple of years, then write a book and become a millionaire. In fact this case seems to have peaked the public's interest so no doubt there are already publishers looking to get the deal on writing her side of it. No doubt there seeing the cha ching already.$$$

Who knows maybe I'll look up and read up on this little case some day. What with everybody talking about it, its bound to be at least a little bit interesting. Or not.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I watched this trial from start to finish and I cannot believe she got away with murdering her little girl.

Lets say it was an accident. She still covered it up and dumped the body. I think the prosecutors should now bring up new charges of covering up a death and improperly disposing of the body. Since her defense said it was an accident I don't see how she can defend herself against that.

I believe she murdered her child and the reaction of her parents when the verdict was read shows they believe she murdered. Whatever the prosecution can do to keep her in jail for as long as possible needs to be done.

R.I.P little Kaylee, sorry justice was not done for you today.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
There was no hard evidence.

It was a circumstantial case.

No hard evidence AND cops did a shoddy job.

I personally think she had something to do with it
but there is no way If I was on the jury
be able to give her first degree and the death drip..

Prosecution went for the all or nothing and got nothing...

edit on 5-7-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Chances are that she will walk this Friday, sentence commuted for time served. Yes, she will probably sign a huge movie and/or book deal. BUT, she won't be able to show her face anywhere without seeing scorn directed her way. It's not enough (for me) but it's what the system produced.

Now, I will go outside and do something physical and beneficial and attempt to scrub this sordid business from my temporary awareness. It is raining. Rain is good. Work is good. Caylee's death goes unpunished.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

I hate to do this and never do...but here is just a bit of what I thought from the beginning...and I think it is what we should maybe all take a look at...

I am going to have to say though I have not totally dismissed the idea that she herself is not guilty of murder and that her father is the one that committed the crime of murder...not that Casey is not guilty of accessory to murder, but I don't think she was there when the actual act was committed. I think there is some of the story we will only hear long after this trial is over.

I know there are many people that are terribly disappointed that Casey was not found guilty and that she will probably walk away after her sentencing on the other charges...but just for a second consider...is she really guilty of what she was charged with...did she really kill her daughter?

Now granted...if she had anything at all to do with it then she is a horrible monster...I don't dispute that. But when the end of the day rolls around and I think about this whole thing...I have questions...not answers...who did kill that little girl? Who did dispose of that body?

I am sorry that some people find this offensive...but that is how it is for me...I am a rational thinking human for the most part (I think) and these are the questions that bother me...I STILL don't have answers to them...after all this...I still don't know. There is a disappointment if you really want one...not knowing!

Jurists seem to become anonymous cogs in the wheels of justice. After a week or two we usually forget about them.

Do you really think that a jury is made up of people that just make a decision like this then move on about life as normal...sure we may forget about them...but do you think they hold their own judgment to a standard much higher than we do? We don't have a stake in this claim...we really could care less either way...and if we are honest about it to ourselves...had this not been a huge production in the medias eye...most people could have given a shake less about it...happens everyday all across the country. Could we agree that most people just wanted to see some public issued revenge for a little girls murder...and that it could have been almost anyone on trial and they would have received the same lynch mob mentality that Casey got?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
If I was casey, when i got out

I would get very very far from this location.

Some nut on a vigilante finds her walking down the road
I make you a bet she's gator meat.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Just because one don't agree with the verdict does not mean that they wish to resort to mob mentality and want someone to be lynched. But we have a right as human beings, to reach our own conclusions regardless of what some jury of 12 strangers concludes.
In my opinion they made a huge mistake. In my opinion they reached a stupid decision based on the evidence. That is my right to do so and to express it. We do not have to buy into the notion that justice was served or that the right thing was done.

I understand your points and agree with some of them. However, I feel that our legal system is so seriously flawed that often justice is not served and jury's act stupidly.

Am I judgmental? Absolutely! I live in Central Florida and if I ever run into Casey I will have to base my reactions on my belief that she is guilty. Is that fair to her?....I think so. You reap what you sow.
Just like I wouldn't let OJ date my sister.

I wish no harm to her though, beyond what the courts are justified in administering.

I agree with the other poster that she would be wise to get out of Central Florida.
edit on 7/5/2011 by Sparky63 because: added comment

edit on 7/5/2011 by Sparky63 because: Spelling...always spelling! *&^&%$#%$@

edit on 7/5/2011 by Sparky63 because: added comment

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

However, I feel that our legal system is so seriously flawed that often justice is not served and jury's act stupidly.

I absolutely, whole heartedly agree with you on this point...our justice system is a miracle of modern stupidity at it's finest sometimes...I have been a part of such things at times.

It is the only system we have for things like this...it is just how its been for the last few hundred years...its flawed for sure...that is no secret but it also works more often than it doesn't.

Whether it worked today or not is a question I cannot answer...if someone else did what Casey stood trial for then the system worked...if she truly did kill Kaylee then it is an awesome failure of justice...I can't decide...maybe that is what separates our feelings on this. You are comfortable that you have been provided enough proof of her guilt that you think an injustice has been done...I on the other hand have not seen enough proof to say for certain she is guilty...but we are in this nation allowed to have opinions and to pass whatever judgment we want to...so I will respectfully understand your position and your opinion.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I'm so glad I didn't follow this trial because I would be so insulting to some of the posters on this site.

Justice in America! It's a good thing Casey wasn't black or Hispanic.
edit on 5-7-2011 by whaaa because: #$%^*

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I'm so glad I didn't follow this trial because I would be so insulting to some of the posters on this site.

Justice in America! It's a good thing Casey wasn't black.
edit on 5-7-2011 by whaaa because: &%$25

Wow...I am glad you didn't follow it also then...when did color make it up on the issue board?

White trash and now good thing Casey wasn't black...your issues are blatantly clear...and really have nothing to do with justice at all from where I sit...thank you for editing out you white trash remark though...I am sure it offended someone!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv

Originally posted by whaaa

Justice in America! It's a good thing Casey wasn't black.
edit on 5-7-2011 by whaaa because: &%$25

Wow...I am glad you didn't follow it also then...when did color make it up on the issue board?

White trash and now good thing Casey wasn't black...your issues are blatantly clear...and really have nothing to do with justice at all from where I sit...thank you for editing out you white trash remark though...I am sure it offended someone!

If you are so naive to think that color dosen't play a huge part in American justice; then I suggest your take a look at this....

urj.org...

www.mcclatchydc.com...

BTW.......I don't care about being offensive. Political correctness has gone much to far; I edited it out to simply be more succinct in my opinion and expressive.

And even though I edited out the white trash remark....I stand by it!
edit on 5-7-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

If you are so naive to think that color dosen't play a huge part in American justice; then I suggest your take a look at this....

Okay...I am not naive to color playing a part in a lot of things...but I think you just up and commented without thinking about what you were talking about...like I said thank you for removing your white trash remark...and then strait on to good thing she wasn't black...what?

How does that have anything to do with this trial...Casey was on trial for murder (among other things) not for the color, or lack of color in her skin...so what is your point?

Hopefully it is not that she was found not guilty because she is white...certainly that is not what you mean...or that she would have been found guilty if she was black or Hispanic...I really hope you have something of substance to add other than your opinion on race in the judicial system!

Edit: After some thought...lets see...the judge was black, one of her attorney half hispanic, who knows what the jury was made up of, the defense was white, I guess we could blame color for everything if we want to...maybe it was the judges fault...imagine if it was a white judge.

edit on 5-7-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I think that this case was so big is because she is kinda pretty and looks innocent. The media likes to feature good looking people. I also believe that if she was ugly this case would not be on TV. There have been cases that were more bizarre than this one and they only got a few seconds on TV.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

She will be hounded the rest of her life. This case is known all over, and some people are fanatical about it. Remember when she was out of jail at home....there was a freakin lynch mob in front of the Anthony's house.....and that was BEFORE Caylee's body was found. I think she will WISH she was in jail once she has all those crazy people after her. She won't be able to go out in public unless she completely changes her appearance to make her unrecognizable.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

She will be hounded the rest of her life. This case is known all over, and some people are fanatical about it. Remember when she was out of jail at home....there was a freakin lynch mob in front of the Anthony's house.....and that was BEFORE Caylee's body was found. I think she will WISH she was in jail once she has all those crazy people after her. She won't be able to go out in public unless she completely changes her appearance to make her unrecognizable.

I believe she will make so much money on this, she will be able to afford to hide and live the life she wants.
I cant wait for her book, "If I also did it".....Should be a great fictional book

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elieser
I think that this case was so big is because she is kinda pretty and looks innocent. The media likes to feature good looking people. I also believe that if she was ugly this case would not be on TV. There have been cases that were more bizarre than this one and they only got a few seconds on TV.

This case is so big
because of Nancy Graceless..

She made this case a HUGE issue and condemned casey from the beginning.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
If the lawers switched sides she would have more likely been found guilty. The lawers for the state blew this case and the defense lawers did a fantastic job.
edit on 5-7-2011 by isitjustme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I agree....but how will we be able to tell if anything in the book is true?
That girl is a psychiatrist's dream! I don't know about anyone else, but my fascination with the case was studying Casey from a psychological point of view. I believe she did kill Caylee, but not premeditated.....I think it was manslaughter. I think she tried to sedate her, and when she went back to get her, the baby had overdosed and died, and Casey paniced. There was just not enough physical evidence to prove it. I hope Baez and Ashton write a book.....George, Cindy, Lee, and Casey are all pathological liars. I would read a book if one of them writes it, but I wouldn't believe it
Stick it in the "fiction" section
Oooooh....now what would be REALLY interesting would be if Tony Lazzaro or one of the other boyfriends wrote a book!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I DESPISE Nancy Grace and Jane Valez Mitchell......loud mouthed, judgemental and rude. Everytime I see Nancy Grace slandering people, I can't help but wish someone would find out something in HER past and tell the whole world, and give her a taste of her own medicine. She convicts people before they ever get to court.....she used to be a lawyer (prosecutor), so surely she knows "innocent till proven guilty". Her coverage of Casey's case made me sick. She is the one who got all those people so worked up they were outside of the Anthony's home night and day....... harrassing them, and threatening them. Like a crazed lynch mob. That's another reason for the interest in the case....Nancy Grace's over dramatic "reporting". She's like a TV version of The National Enquirer!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join