It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Childhood diseases return as parents refuse vaccines

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
A longitudinal study was conducted in Denmark that included over 400,000 children. It was conducted between 1990-1996. The significance of this, is that vaccines containing thimerosal were discontinued in Denmark in 1992 (therefore, it is possible to compare the incidence of autism rates with vaccines containing thimerosal and those that are thimerosal-free). Results: autism rates the same
Info: Buescher J. J., (2004). Vaccinations containing thimerosal do not increase rates of autism [Electronic Version]. Journal of Family Practice, 53(2), 94-96.

More importantly, as someone already stated, the mercury-containing portion of thimerosal is ETHYL-mercury (easily excreted, does not easily cross the blood-brain barrier), nothing like methyl-mercury used in antifreeze or fuel.
Info from: www.immunize.org...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bibliomaniac
A longitudinal study was conducted in Denmark that included over 400,000 children. It was conducted between 1990-1996. The significance of this, is that vaccines containing thimerosal were discontinued in Denmark in 1992 (therefore, it is possible to compare the incidence of autism rates with vaccines containing thimerosal and those that are thimerosal-free). Results: autism rates the same
Info: Buescher J. J., (2004). Vaccinations containing thimerosal do not increase rates of autism [Electronic Version]. Journal of Family Practice, 53(2), 94-96.

More importantly, as someone already stated, the mercury-containing portion of thimerosal is ETHYL-mercury (easily excreted, does not easily cross the blood-brain barrier), nothing like methyl-mercury used in antifreeze or fuel.
Info from: www.immunize.org...

Thank you for providing some empirical evidence.

For those of you who insist that mercury causes autism, please provide an explanation for this evidence or provide evidence dis-proving it. DON'T JUST BLOW THIS OFF! This is a 6 year study in which the mercury was removed two years in. If you can comfortably continue insisting that Mercury in vaccinations causes autism, you are suffering from Confirmation Bias and your search for the truth is being hindered...BY YOU!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by brianmg5

Thanks for taking the time to read! That was just some of the research I've done regarding vaccinations. And as for the mercury poisoning, this chart is kind of intriguing...

If mercury-containing thimerosal was linked to autism, it would be expected that these symptoms would be more similar than they actually are.
The table was in the following article: pediatrics.aappublications.org...

I also would be interested to see anyone with evidence disputing this.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591
You have more of a chance to get sick and/or die from a vaccine then you have if you get no vaccine at all
I urge every one to stay away from vaccines
edit on 16-6-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

Maybe if everyone else has them and you dont because then you wouldnt really need it..

But if everyone takes that train of though, disease will rapidly spread as no one will have a vaccine and we will go back to the plagues of hundreds of years ago.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

Maybe if everyone else has them and you dont because then you wouldnt really need it..

But if everyone takes that train of though, disease will rapidly spread as no one will have a vaccine and we will go back to the plagues of hundreds of years ago.

Exactly... being in healthcare, I will be the first to say it has flaws and that ANY drug or vaccine administration can potentially have adverse side effects. In fact, NO drug is "safe". BUT the objective is to prevent or treat illnesses and diseases as therapeutically as possible. Therefore, benefits must always outweigh the risks. Not vaccinating our nation would inevitably lead to widespread disease outbreaks. It would simply be dangerous to have an unvaccinated planet.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Glad to see no one can answer vaccine rates and survival rates when spanish flu and small pox was around

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I don't agree with this. I remember reading on CNN where children got vaccinated for a particular sickness and most of those children end up getting back the same sickness.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by winds

Can you remember the name of the disease? I'd like to know more about that.

I searched but didn't find anything like that on CNN. Look at all their vaccine stories I found here: topics.cnn.com...

This story was on that list:
www.cnn.com...

(CNN) --Where vaccine doubt persists

For years, Kelly Lacek felt she and her husband made the right choice by not having her two youngest kids vaccinated. After all, the children were thriving without immunizations.

But in 2006, Matthew, their youngest, complained of a sore throat and a pain in his neck. The 3 year old suddenly developed a high fever. Hunched over, he struggled to breathe.

When his parents brought Matthew to the hospital, an older pediatrician asked, "Was your son vaccinated?"

No, he wasn't. The Laceks were among those parents who had decided to postpone or skip vaccines altogether, because of skepticism over the number of shots required, the ingredients or concerns over a now-largely discredited link between vaccines and autism....

Matthew had not received the Hib vaccine.

As Matthew's windpipe was shutting down that day in the hospital, his parents were told: "Your son has minutes to live."

The stunned mother cradled her son in her lap as doctors scrambled to find an open operating room.
He was a few minutes away from death because his mom decided not to get him vaccinated.

Now she has wised up and is speaking to others about her experience:

She talks about what happened to Matthew by working with a pediatric non-profit, Parents of Kids with Infectious Diseases. "I felt that him having Hib disease and surviving is giving us the ability to communicate, to tell people not to go through what we went through," Lacek said. Matthew and his siblings have received all their vaccinations.
Better late than never I suppose, but she almost lost him. Not everyone will be as lucky as her and Matthew.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
This is a good thing though
its social darwinism...if people adhere to anti-vaccine psychology, then breed, well...its not like their children are coming from fantastic stock to begin with.

Y'know, you're one of my favorite posters, but please look in the mirror when you say stuff like that.

Can you seriously say you are the pique of humanity yourself? I really don't think so...

People have lots of reasons for refusing vaccines. Maybe bogging down the system with a few cases of measles is better than bringing it down with 1000's of kids w/autism who are probably going to be nothing more than breathing, walking vegetables and require a lifetime of care. Think about it.

Kro - As for one person with measles getting everyone else sick--I'm pretty sure they would only infect the people WHO HAVEN'T GOT THE VACCINE ALREADY.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tharsis

Originally posted by SaturnFX
This is a good thing though
its social darwinism...if people adhere to anti-vaccine psychology, then breed, well...its not like their children are coming from fantastic stock to begin with.

Y'know, you're one of my favorite posters, but please look in the mirror when you say stuff like that.

Can you seriously say you are the pique of humanity yourself? I really don't think so...

People have lots of reasons for refusing vaccines. Maybe bogging down the system with a few cases of measles is better than bringing it down with 1000's of kids w/autism who are probably going to be nothing more than breathing, walking vegetables and require a lifetime of care. Think about it.

Kro - As for one person with measles getting everyone else sick--I'm pretty sure they would only infect the people WHO HAVEN'T GOT THE VACCINE ALREADY.

Sometimes I write in angry sarcasm. I get highly annoyed at people whom refuse medical treatment for themselves or their children out of conspiracy theories and a general non-understanding of the science behind the treatment, vaccine, or other. I am very pro human actually and given we can't stalin-like force people physically to endure the latest stuff, then knowledge is required to influence them to do so...sometimes though, the knowledge comes from the misfortune of others whom decide prayer verses antibiotics type thing is better...sometimes the graveyard teaches others moreso than a doctor trying to speak about things...its a sad truth to life and its one that frustrates me overall...so yeah, I occasionally respond like a bit of a monster, but sometimes people hear monsters over scientists.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9
reply to post by Griffo

You urge people to get their children vaccinated because you think it will save lives. I disagree.

Illnesses such as those you have just stated, IMO, are natural. It is my sincere belief that these illnesses are necessary as part of the development of a child's immune system. It is my very sincere belief that some vaccinations are destroying our health and our immune systems.

Dying from starvation or exposure is natural.
Putting your child in a house or feeding it from the super market is not natural.

I am sure it sounded like a good argument though.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Having a child who has had a life threatening reaction to vaccines, I have every right to refuse vaccines for my other children. The diseases people are vaccinated against are no less scarey than what my son went through.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Or, vaccines are useless and the rise and fall of epidemics follows a natural, predictable cycle.

Nice bit of fear mongering though (minus star and flag, lol). Enjoy your dose of mercury and other fun stuff they feel like testing on humans.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Cal, the document in your signature is epic, thanks! No doctor in their right mind would sign that LOL... (Then again, no doctor in their right mind would inject that stuff into a living being.)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
This has been a long suspected outcome of the anti-vaxxers refusal to vaccinate their children; the return of childhood illnesses such as measles.

A 4 year old boy called Landon was living in a homeless shelter when he first became ill. He started with a fever of ~40*C, then proceeded to develop a rash on his forehead. The rash then spread to his mouth and throat, so swallowing was torture. He began vomiting and developed a cough that nearly choked him. He was rushed to the emergency room and hospitalized for five days.

Landon is one of at least 152 cases of measles diagnosed in the USA so far this year — twice the number seen in a typical year and the biggest outbreak in 15 years, says the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Half of patients have had to be hospitalized.

For the doctors and nurses caring for patients like Landon, the return of vaccine-preventable diseases such as measles — a viral illness that once killed 3,000 to 5,000 Americans a year — is both frightening and all too predictable

Not to mention a waste of time and resources that could have been spent elsewhere on other patients. Instead we have preventable diseases clogging up the healthcare system, potentially putting others lives in danger

In the past three years, doctors also have seen outbreaks of other vaccine-preventable diseases, such as mumps, whooping cough and a life-threatening bacterial infection called Hib. All can be deadly.

Although overall vaccine coverage remains high, 40% of parents say they have deliberately skipped or delayed a shot for their children.

It goes on to say:

In some ways, vaccines are a victim of their own success. Today's parents have never seen the diseases that terrified their grandparents, says Paul Offit, chief of infectious disease at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. "We've not only eliminated these diseases; we've eliminated the memory of these diseases," Offit says.

Parents who decline vaccines may not realize that they're gambling with the lives of not just their kids, but all the children around them, says Patsy Stinchfield, director of pediatric infectious disease at Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota,

"This is not just a personal choice, a case of 'I choose not to vaccinate my child, and this only affects my family,'" says Finkelstein-Parker, of Littleston, Pa. "It affects your whole community."

I urge you to seriously consider vaccinating your child. Unless you want to see more outbreaks of entirely preventable diseases

Childhood diseases return as parents refuse vaccines

Here we have the usual fearmongering again. If measles vaccination (or any vaccination, for that matter) was so effective, what would vaccinated people have to fear from one person bringing back measles? They should be protected and not have to worry about it.

As it is, if ONE person who brings measles back from another country can start an epidemic amongst a vaccinated population, it shows that the measles vaccine is utterly useless.

Of course, measles isn’t a disease to fear, anyway. It is extremely rare that there are serious complications. The vaccination itself is much more dangerous, with more serious complications than the vaccine.

This article is yet another example of trying to brainwash the public into believing that unvaccinated people are the enemy, and that everybody should be forced to vaccinate for ‘the greater good’.

Not a single vaccine in all of history has EVER been proven safe or effective. Not one confers lifelong immunity. And no, vaccines haven’t wiped out any diseases at all. Every one of them was on the decline long before vaccines for them came along.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591
You have more of a chance to get sick and/or die from a vaccine then you have if you get no vaccine at all
I urge every one to stay away from vaccines
edit on 16-6-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

The entire point of vaccines is that the ONLY way anybody ever gets sick from measles is from a rare reaction to the vaccine.

That's not a bug, that's a feature.

This article is yet another example of trying to brainwash the public into believing that unvaccinated people are the enemy, and that everybody should be forced to vaccinate for ‘the greater good’.

Not a single vaccine in all of history has EVER been proven safe or effective.

Who was the last person to die from smallpox?

Not one confers lifelong immunity. And no, vaccines haven’t wiped out any diseases at all. Every one of them was on the decline long before vaccines for them came along.

Decline != eradication. Polio and smallpox were horrible and they are virtually extinct now after plaguing humans since the beginning of civilization. WHy? Vaccines and only vaccines.

edit on 13-8-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hanyak69
Why do people always say unvaccinated kids pose a threat to everyone else. If they are vaccinated then how can my kids give the disease to them. Do the vaccines work or not????

Yes, they work. They are not 100% effective in everybody but they are highly effective in most.

There is always a gap---children who have just "not yet" gotten vaccinated who would be susceptible if other irresponsible parents failed to vaccinate their children.

The point is vaccinating everybody means that the pathogen is far less likely to survive or spread, and therefore even those who are unvaccinated (by accident, say, kid was in hospital for some other problem and hasn't gotten around to it) or those who might not respond as well to the vaccine get protected.

This is unquestionably an issue of pro science and pro responsibility against fear and selfishness. There is a moral high ground and a low ground.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel
Who was the last person to die from smallpox?

Probably someone who was vaccinated for it. Oh wait, that's not a bug, it's a feature

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel
The point is vaccinating everybody means that the pathogen is far less likely to survive or spread

The point is vaccinating everybody means that TPTB have a convenient way to get the sheeple to consent to being injected (and having their children injected) with toxins, carcinogens and their experimental junk-o-the-month. They even line up for it, smiling! And sometimes even pay for the privilege!

Fixed it for you.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Universer

How to sound extremely paranoid 101.

Please provide substantial evidence that vaccine are responsible for any of what you just said.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join