It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Childhood diseases return as parents refuse vaccines

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This has been a long suspected outcome of the anti-vaxxers refusal to vaccinate their children; the return of childhood illnesses such as measles.

A 4 year old boy called Landon was living in a homeless shelter when he first became ill. He started with a fever of ~40*C, then proceeded to develop a rash on his forehead. The rash then spread to his mouth and throat, so swallowing was torture. He began vomiting and developed a cough that nearly choked him. He was rushed to the emergency room and hospitalized for five days.

Landon is one of at least 152 cases of measles diagnosed in the USA so far this year — twice the number seen in a typical year and the biggest outbreak in 15 years, says the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Half of patients have had to be hospitalized.

For the doctors and nurses caring for patients like Landon, the return of vaccine-preventable diseases such as measles — a viral illness that once killed 3,000 to 5,000 Americans a year — is both frightening and all too predictable

Not to mention a waste of time and resources that could have been spent elsewhere on other patients. Instead we have preventable diseases clogging up the healthcare system, potentially putting others lives in danger

In the past three years, doctors also have seen outbreaks of other vaccine-preventable diseases, such as mumps, whooping cough and a life-threatening bacterial infection called Hib. All can be deadly.

Although overall vaccine coverage remains high, 40% of parents say they have deliberately skipped or delayed a shot for their children.

It goes on to say:

In some ways, vaccines are a victim of their own success. Today's parents have never seen the diseases that terrified their grandparents, says Paul Offit, chief of infectious disease at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. "We've not only eliminated these diseases; we've eliminated the memory of these diseases," Offit says.

Parents who decline vaccines may not realize that they're gambling with the lives of not just their kids, but all the children around them, says Patsy Stinchfield, director of pediatric infectious disease at Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota,

"This is not just a personal choice, a case of 'I choose not to vaccinate my child, and this only affects my family,'" says Finkelstein-Parker, of Littleston, Pa. "It affects your whole community."

I urge you to seriously consider vaccinating your child. Unless you want to see more outbreaks of entirely preventable diseases

Childhood diseases return as parents refuse vaccines

+77 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I would like to see the stats on these outbreaks, how many of them had been vaccinated? Is this more push for vaccinations or a true sense of what is being reported by the msm?

When the truth came out in Cal regarding the whooping cough outbreak we discovered the majority of cases had had the vaccine.

Also where are the actual stats on measles from year to year? There has been an increase in population so taking that into consideration could affect the outcomes.

+63 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
You have more of a chance to get sick and/or die from a vaccine then you have if you get no vaccine at all
I urge every one to stay away from vaccines
edit on 16-6-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

[citation needed]

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591
You have more of a chance to get sick and/or die from a vaccine then you have if you get no vaccine at all

Really? Lets see your sources. Show me the statistics that more children are dying from tried and tested vaccines that have wiped out several diseases up until now.

People need to be cautious, not overly paranoid. I understand people avoiding new vaccines for fear of unknown side effects, but we use vaccinations for a reason. They work.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591
I urge every one to stay away from vaccines
edit on 16-6-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

But the vaccine only affects the individual whereas contraction of a contagious disease has the possiblity of affecting millions.

Way to show your selfishness there.
edit on 16-6-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Source not needed it came from my doctor think he'd make that up?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

The answers to your questions are in the article; it's quite a long one. Here are some similar statistics regarding Japan and the UK

Japan banned the MMR vaccine for understndable reasons in the 1990's - and has had had 94 child deaths in the last 5 years from Measles

Why Japan banned MMR Vaccine

By way of comparison the UK had 97 deaths from measles over 25 years from 1983-2008; and now gets 1-2 per year. It used to always have 40+/year and regularly over 100 - the last time beign 1965. It has not had over 9 since 1989.

Measles Notifications and deaths in England and Wales

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

The source is needed, because I don't know your doctor. He could be imaginary for all I know

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This is a good thing though
its social darwinism...if people adhere to anti-vaccine psychology, then breed, well...its not like their children are coming from fantastic stock to begin with.

In a world populated with far too many morons, having the kids of morons die through preventable issues seems perfectly acceptable, if not desirable.

If people decide to simply forgo advanced medicine, and take their chances on prayer, well...more power to them, and the end result is a greater percentage of the population contributing to the enhancement of medical understanding once the mindset (along with the nuts) die out...literally.

bit cold, but their "sacrifice" will be a good example for the rest on the benefits of modern day medicine.

+15 more 
link   
sorry but I have my doubts that they are only putting just the vaccine into these shots...I'll stay away from them because it is my opinion that these people are testing eugenics out on the population with these vaccines...

+10 more 
link   

Originally posted by kro32
But the vaccine only affects the individual whereas contraction of a contagious disease has the possiblity of affecting millions.

So if millions are vaccinated what's the problem?

The individual gets sick.

You mean to say that vaccinations dont work as well as they are sold to?

Or is it mutation we're afraid of? Wouldnt they mutate regardless? Even one host would be enough to move viral evolution on a bit.

I think we're on the verge of vaccine ineffectiveness like we have been experiencing with antibiotics and the docs and media are just eager to label a scapegoat while they can and if that also helps to label some more "subversives" and "extremists" to bolster the police state that's all the better.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
sorry but I have my doubts that they are only putting just the vaccine into these shots...I'll stay away from them because it is my opinion that these people are testing eugenics out on the population with these vaccines...

If they can put stuff in vaccines, imagine what they can put in other things...such as medicine, drugs, etc...

best to stay away from hospitals in general...just treat those strange lumps your developing with erm...tea and prayer...after all, it worked fine for our ancestors just dandy.

-facepalm-

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Whooping Cough is coming back, even here in Alaska. I think around twenty children died in California in a couple of months. Measles is coming back also.

Child abuse? ...and for what, paranoid delusional parents?

Remember the H1N1 vaccine. Vaccine caused I think two adverse reactions while the Flu killed dozens. This is so sad.

I'll never forget the Whooping Cough as a child. 6 weeks of hell and never being able to get a breath of air. Two of my classmates died that year. We had no vaccine.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Well if you want a source so bad you can go find it. I don't care. I trust my doctor.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

So a paranoid delusion is reason enough for a parent to kill their own child with neglect?

Ask yourself; Self, why is it that every generation we live longer and are healthier if the medical industry is trying to kill us?

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
This is a good thing though
its social darwinism...if people adhere to anti-vaccine psychology, then breed, well...its not like their children are coming from fantastic stock to begin with.

And when your kid comes out witha partialy developed brain or dies when you vaccinate him/her... darwinism.

In a world populated with far too many morons, having the kids of morons die through preventable issues seems perfectly acceptable, if not desirable.

If people decide to simply forgo advanced medicine, and take their chances on prayer, well...more power to them, and the end result is a greater percentage of the population contributing to the enhancement of medical understanding once the mindset (along with the nuts) die out...literally.

bit cold, but their "sacrifice" will be a good example for the rest on the benefits of modern day medicine.

Oh yeah. You, sir, are obviously not one of these "morons". You must have a doctorate in medicine or work for a pharma company because you seem to have quite the expert opinion on vaccines...

Reason I dont trust vaccines: Bill Gates advocates them aggressively. that and the documentation of experiments done through vaccines. They are no good, and if i get measles so be it, its better than becoming some brain-dead bearer of sabotaged children.

Originally posted by Blaine91555

So a paranoid delusion is reason enough for a parent to kill their own child with neglect?

Ask yourself; Self, why is it that every generation we live longer and are healthier if the medical industry is trying to kill us?

but if the parent vaccinates a child and it dies/becomes brain damaged thats ok, all aslong as YOU dont have some moron stranger give you whooping cough

edit on 16-6-2011 by EmVeeFF because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I'm talking about myself...I already have had my childhood vaccinations...and I would encourage parents to do so for their children...but after you get those why the hell should I be told i NEED to get a yearly flu shot? thanks but no thanks...you guys assume so much it's redonkulous

and to answer you're question as to why we live longer generation by generation is because we develope better ways to take care of our bodies and better treatments for different ailments...not because of flu shots
edit on 16-6-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

+28 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

You urge people to get their children vaccinated because you think it will save lives. I disagree.

Illnesses such as those you have just stated, IMO, are natural. It is my sincere belief that these illnesses are necessary as part of the development of a child's immune system. It is my very sincere belief that some vaccinations are destroying our health and our immune systems.

Is it not possible that what you are saying could infact be going very against your own philanthropy? Have you entertained that possibility before you go all out telling everyone go get your child vaccinated?

Look, life was never meant to be comfortable. We are not God. We cannot eradicate all the nasty little uncomfortable things that happen in life. It is meant to be. Nature is beautiful but nature is also very cruel. Children do die from diseases, it has always been so. Yes, through better diet and living conditions we can make a real difference, but when it comes to messing with nature in biological ways (like GM foods, for example) then the results of this tampering can be far more dangerous than what we started with.

Look how we are destroying ourselves with our disturbance of nature. If parents choose not to vaccinate their children they have every right. They have considered the outcomes and it is their decision. What you are proposing is peer pressure and force that oh you aint playing the game if you refuse vaccination.

Death is part of life. We cannot live forever. By trying to make it better we are making it worse.

I had illnesses when a child, measles, etc. I am glad I was able to go through those experiences.

Many many children have had bad reactions to vaccines. Vaccines have killed. Vaccines have affected pregnant women so when their children are born they have disabilities. There is also the possibility of hidden agendas where vaccinations could be tampered with. Do you know what is in the needles? Does the doctor? Does the nurse? Do the scientists truely know what is in that needle and what consequences it might have?

Either way it is a lottery. If you think vaccinations are good and perfect and is going to make everything better then sure get your child vaccinated. If, like me, you have all these concerns, then don't; you have the right to make a choice.

Don't let it become so that we are forced to do something by some guy in a white coat who says he's an expert. It is wide wide open to abuse. If I don't trust something I have every right to that.

I know what you are gonna say; things like people like me are irresponsible, paranoid and ruining it for all the others who want to play that game. However, if, in my own reading and knowledge, I find too many concerns about vaccinations, then I have the right to refuse them; for me and my offspring.

Your way is not without risks. My way is not without risks. Life is a risk. No-one told us it would be any different. We come here, we try to survive, but some die early and some die late.

edit on 16-6-2011 by Revolution9 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

You should also ask why we continue to find a new sickness or disease.. these aren't just coming out of thin air.
It's like we cure one thing then something else pops up.
I don't believe these sicknesses are being created by anyone or are intentional but I'll let you decide what to make of this

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join