It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHAT does it mean to be a Republican/Democrat?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Thats what I want to know from people who choose sides when it comes to politics. All I see is 2 different sides complaining about the same things but not willing to cooperate together to achieve their goals. Are the goals different or something? Red or Blue? Reminds me of the bloods and crips. They didn't get along either did they? Why do people vote strictly on party lines instead of what would be best for all of us? This thread isnt about one side bashing the other side at all, so please don't go there. I just wanted to know how people feel about being Republican/Democrat and what it means to them.

My view: Both are a cows lined up in seperate shoots that lead to the same slaughter house.

MOTF!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

I think both sides of the fence are screwed in the head, and personally, I do not claim to be either one. I have changed my voting registration so many times it is pathetic, but it is the game I have to play in order to vote for the idiots I have voted for in the past.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It means nothing. For the people, it means they have yet to awaken to the fact that they are one and the same. They are a divisive tool of the ruling class. All one needs to do is stop listening to the words they regurgitate and follow the actions they take to see the truth.

Some have yet to realize that these career politicians and their corporate and bankster friends have much more in common with each other than they have with any of us common folk.

They are in a word, a mirage.
edit on 15-6-2011 by Redwookieaz because: forgot an "a", eh.

link   

It means nothing really.
A label placed on your head to distract you from the truth.

link   
One of three things in my mind

1) Your are either stupid, don't pay attention, or both

2) You are trying to fix it from the inside (good luck with that)

3) You are lazy.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Actually the Blood and Crips have proven their ability to work together - and for the betterment of their community no less - better than the Democrats and Republicans have.

"What it means" is mostly a matter of giving handouts to the corporate masters. One party is a little more gung-ho than the other. Think of it this way.

Republicans are the band that happily writes whatever lame songs the record execs want.

The Democrats whine about having to do it, then do it anyway, while keeping their own songs safe in a vault never to be heard by human ears.
edit on 15/6/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!

My view: Both are a cows lined up in seperate shoots that lead to the same slaughter house.

when I saw your thread title I was going to reply exactly that

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

Exactly! It just seems like a good reason for a person to not listen to anything someone else has to say. no matter the importance. Sillyness in my book.

MOTF!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It changes over time, too. My grandmother was a "yellow dog" democrat - and voted blindly democratic all her life. For fun sometimes we would tell her things like "democrats are for abortion" or "democrats are for gay marriage" and watch her head spin in circles.

Okay, okay, if you had known her you would know why that was funny.

Am I off-topic? Um, my answer is: THERE'S NO DIFFERENCE ANYMORE. I can't say I fully believe it's ALL manipulated by a higher elite, but neither side is doing a damned thing except hold on tight to their handbaskets and jabber nonsense while we all go straight to hell.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

All that because I dont subscribe to the political line bullsnip? Pick this side or that side or you are stupid? Really? What we need is a political party dedicated to common sense. Maybe im not the one who is stupid after all, seeing as how nothing really gets done by either side.

MOTF!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
what does it mean?

one created the fed and the other didnt.
one created the consumer protection agency and the other didnt.

those control the entire financial industry in this country whoever controls the money control this country and its people.

the so called fake right left paradigm.

i cant get behind or support any party who created the fed.

i just can do it and never will i ever compromise with them.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!

All that because I dont subscribe to the political line bullsnip? Pick this side or that side or you are stupid? Really? What we need is a political party dedicated to common sense. Maybe im not the one who is stupid after all, seeing as how nothing really gets done by either side.

MOTF!

No, excuse me. I didn't reference what I meant by that so my apologies. I was answering your question of what it means to be an R or a D. Those 3 things are what it means to me when I see R's or r's or D's or d's.

It was not aimed at you since you and I are on the same page in this respect. I was always under the impression that anyone that even halfway paid any attention knew the system was stupid, the parties aren't different enough to actually change the direction of this nation substantially (if much at all), and that partisanship means nothing.

Most of the American political dealings mainly involve ignorance and idiocy blending in a fine goulash of pointlessness, especially on the part of the media and the people themselves.

As for a party of common sense, it'll never happen unless we make the scope of government smaller (let alone the size).

Peace
KJ

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I certainly do apologize. LOL. I found myself wondering what government drone has infiltrated ATS this time.

Divide and conquor is a hell of a thing. It works thats for sure. It's sad that people have their heads way too far up their asses to notice though.

Can I get a MOOOOO for the People?

::MOOOOOO::

MOTF!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

No worries, and man, I'm surprised you don't know me by now (been here 8 years now sonny boy).

Anyway, I've given up on people as groups. They don't care and never will. When I say never I mean never.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Personally I love American politics. Politics is the entertainment section for the actual Corporate Oligarchy we live under. Politics reminds me of professional wrestling with revolving good and bad guys, choreographed moves, flashy costumes and appropriate music, all for the masses to adore and hate the players, knowing all the while that it's fake but hoping subconsciously that the fantasy is reality.

Politics is the perfect diversion for a schizophrenic culture that idolizes violence but is so sexually constipated that the sight of a female breast throws a large portion of the population into a tizzy.
edit on 15-6-2011 by whaaa because: ptptptpt

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I never really thought about politics that way. Spot on man!

MOTF!

new topics

top topics

join