It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada's parliament votes to extend Libya mission until September!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Canada's parliament votes to extend Libya mission until September!

t imesofindia.indiatimes.com

OTTAWA: Canadian lawmakers voted almost unanimously to extend Canada's military mission in Libya under NATO's umbrella until September.

All except one member of parliament, Green Party leader Elizabeth May, voted on Tuesday for continuing Canada's participation in NATO air strikes aimed at protecting Libyan civilians from forces loyal to strongman Muammar Gaddafi

Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper has said the NATO mission, led by a three-star Canadian general, has "gone well so far" and called its continuation at least until September "essential."

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Canada Recognizes Libya's Rebel Council

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Great... extended Libya mission... lets spend more money on an illegal war. So much money has been spent it is ridiculous! And not to mention the UN/NWO mandate for us to be there. Canada also recognized the rebel leadership officially (ATS Thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...)

So looks like its gonna take until September (and undoubtably longer when they decide it is "essential" again to extend the "mission") to get the oil and resources that the NWO needs!

t imesofindia.indiatimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Its also posted on CBC : www.cbc.ca...

Interestingly enough I was also reading a very informative article written here:

www.globalresearch.ca...

"Military Escalation: "Phase Two" of the War on Libya"

"A new phase of the war is unfolding leading to a process of military escalation as well as the eventual landing of US-NATO commandos on Libya's shores.

An unprecedented deployment of naval power in the Mediterranean is occurring.

On June 1st, the member states of the Atlantic Alliance (NATO) meeting in Brussels decided to "renew the mission", namely extend the war on Libya, "for another 90 days to late September".

Since the beginning of the war on March 19, more than 10,000 sorties have been conducted. NATO acknowledges a total of 9036 sorties, including 3443 strike sorties over a two month period, (March 31, 2011-May 31, 2011).

Military operations are no longer limited to a high altitude bombing campaign, where strike targets are "pre-approved" and planned in advance. The deployment of helicopters and low altitude air operations are envisaged. The latter are to support the deployment of US-NATO commandos and rebel forces on the ground.

What is unfolding is an escalation of military operations, which at the same time is leading to a protracted war"

The rest of the article is pretty insightful and interesting regarding the escaltion of military uses in Libya.

edit on 6/15/2011 by Nspekta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I want them all arrested for endorsing war crimes and will write to them and tell them this.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Maybe Canadas parliment needs to be sent to libya on the ground and not in a cozy hotel. In the middle of the warzone.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
WHAT?

More beavers are going to be sent to war.

These poor creatures.

Its just one more war guys, untwist your underwear and prepare for many more in the coming 2 years.

This is just the beginning.

Sit back get yourself some baby seal meat and a cold one and watch the fireworks - it will be spectacular.

War is the future for this world. We are all to blame!!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Can they just send Elizabeth May over instead. Perhaps she could 'green' them to death somehow.

It would appear that international efforts are really going to ramp up now in order to squeeze this timeline, mobilize more military for the forthcoming attacks on Syria and Iran.

brill
edit on 15-6-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
LOL, im not from Canada & all i know of Stephen Harper, is what ive read, but he seems like your Obama.

As soon as i read the thread title i thought, 'oh i bet its Stepehen Harper who put that through' Well what do you know lol, right at the bottom, he even says its 'essential'

Its Essential for us to oust scum like this from making decisions that affect our lives ! That goes for Obama & Cameron & Sarkozy.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Hopefully the Conservative supporters calling for military build-up will join the Canadian Forces en masse. You know, put their money where their mouth is. Then send them to war.

Maybe when they come back, if they come back, their opinion of war will have changed.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
We here on ATS tend to focus on the doom and gloom, myself included. However, the U.S Congress voted not to extend funding for the NATO war on Libya yesterday, making it much more difficult for Obama to continue this war. It seems there is good news too.... For now.

new topics

top topics

join