It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook loses 6 million US users, continues to conquer globe

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Facebook loses 6 million US users, continues to conquer globe

[url=http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/06/13/6848915-facebook-loses-6-million-us-users-continues-to-conquer-globe]technolog.msnbc.msn.com[/url ]

Everybody talks about quitting Facebook, but nobody ever expects anybody to actually do it.

Well, guess what? Six million Facebook users in United States and 1.52 Canadian users may have done it in May, reports Inside Facebook, part the Inside Media research organization.
(visit the link for the full news article)

technolog.msnbc.msn.com...
edit on 14-6-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This story made me smile from ear to ear. Its great to see a good news story every so often.

With people becoming more aware of how this site is used and the plans for it in the future more and more will hopefully abandon it.

The recent media coverage and speculation on the value of the site has also been failrly disgusting. greed, greed and more greed.

Facebook are denying this , well best of luck with that. Its all over the net now.

technolog.msnbc.msn.com...

(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 14-6-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Thats good in my town theres these gossip pages making rumours and crap up facebook wont do a thing

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

If people want to do it, so be it. Personally, I deactivated my account a while back. Other than some good pics from family that I can get on email, just stupid.

ColoradoJens

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Considering that between Jan 11' and Feb 11', 50 Million joined, and more continue to join, I think Facebook doing just fine. Those millions that quit havent even actually deleted their Facebooks and can log back in at any time. I'm sure atleast 1/10 of those millions of people have logged back in since.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I dropped my acct about 4 months ago now...

Right after Goldman Sachs invested 500 million in FB...

Facebook? I say connect the dots on it...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/16c90fb64db4.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I quit facebook. its so lame! ATS is way better!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xmetalgear

yea, thats just nasty bullying crap. thats a whole other horror story it has bred.

i just think its removing a whole generation of young people from reality and its lining them up for complete manipulation over the next few decades.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Good. All this facebook nonsense is getting out of hand. I made an account 2-3 months ago strictly to keep in contact with family (some only communicate through the net). I also carefully set my privacy setting. Frankly I wouldn't shed a tear if facebook lost all it's followers.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Elsek

very fair point.

i however have great belief in things balancing themselves out in the universe.

i am quietly confident that something that exploded so quickly and dramatically and became so big will fade out in the exact same manner.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
facebook got busted too many times that they share EVERYTHING with their advertisment-cia-partners...

i will never use facebook but i must admit it hurts that i do have an account where only my basic details and a very fresh pic is uploaded and many people added me without me having one friend or post or something... some are from kindergarten and it would be fun to talk to them but if facebook is the only way i am sorry...you need to have your principles and we know facebook went to the bilderberg meeting, so facebook cant be for good...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

when facebook offers the ipo buy a crapload and you will be set for life

sell them off really fast covert that cash into gold

and you'll be set for life.

use facebook like they use everyone else i say

i have a facebook account that i never use cause like they said its lame

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I don't see a problem with using facebook if you're not really sharing much on it...I just use it to talk to old friends and find out what's going on around here (it's a great tool to use to set up local events)...if you're too paranoid about it then don't use it...but I honestly am not worried so much for the time being unlike some of the people who will come on here and scream they're giving all my information to CIA or aliens or the chinese or whatever...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

i understand what your saying but this is how it pulls everyone in.

you need it to say your gonna be there for the charity event Saturday morning, or you need it because you sister or brother is on it and don't wanna be left out, or your classmates are on it , or your hot neighbour, or your dog, or cat is on it. it sucks everyone in. it will eventually be telling you what to eat and what to watch because this is what your friends are doing. its the greatest 'sheeple' machine every invented.

i'm just happy to see a good news report like this on it. i heard a rumour that every time someone deletes their account another angel in heaven gets its wings.

i'm just so happy. its so rare to see a good news story.

the song is so cheesy but you know you wanna sing along

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Wow thats great,

7,5 million ppl found a bit a self esteem or realized farming or playing yatzhee was a bit overrated or found out how stupid is it, to read that Julia ate pork chop with apple sauce for dinner and made Jack go to the toilet 3 times. Seriously, FB is lame, only ancient ppl are still using FB and i suspect its the reason elderly want to suicide that much these days lol..

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
We definitely need an alternative to Failbook. It glitches in some way every goddamn time I refresh the page. People appear to go offline while IM'ing them then yell at me for not responding. And sometimes I'll get a "notice" that somebody posted a comment on my wall and it just disappears for up to an hour. I use Facebook because I don't have a cell phone and its the only way my friends can really contact me. If anything else gained more popularity (as in all of my friends made an account for it), I'd definitely delete my account in a heartbeat.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I heard one man speculate on the news saying that half of all Americans have a facebook account. They have pretty much reached the height at which they can really grow to.

He said that it is possible that as people graduate from college they may close their account because they don't want potential employers to see pictures of them drinking and partying...

I don't know... I assure you, they wont suffer from the loss.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

there was another 'Hate FaceBook' thread on ATS quite recently and I tried to defend the notion that Privacy is available to site users via the blocks & controls they can use. But at the end of the day I think I was proven wrong. If someone opens a FB account using their real name they are an open page on the 'net.

FB owner what's-his-name has pissed me off several times by outright lying about what they would and wouldn't do versus things they actually did. that fellow has very poor morals. it's become obvious FB will do whatever they can to make an extra fraction of a penny. what a sad, pathetic little man.

i still spend way too much time on FB playing silly games. if i had a real life, i wouldn't spend so much time on FB, ATS or Fark. i would be out doing things.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

absolutely, smart dude =) i think they are much better than my raytheon stocks

edit on 14-6-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I suppose when it has approx 500 million members its hard not to join. Nobody wants to feel left out. 500 million is like a really huge number. thats so many people. The population of my country is 4milllion. So there is 125times as many people on facebook than live in my whole country.

I guess its better to be 1 of the 500 million instead of being 1 of the 925million.

no one wants to be one of the 925million.
www.worldhunger.org...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join