It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook loses 6 million US users, continues to conquer globe

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
For those who don't like the ads:

Mozilla with adblock plus and NoScript and a little fiddling with them stops almost any ad on any site. Ads usually have their own easily recognized server and NoScript especially can be pretty surprising/informative when you see what scripts are running in the background on a site.

Doesn't do anything to to protect anonymity or keep the gubmint spooks from watching us but it at least makes browsing a little less annoying.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I am planning to deactivate my account soon. I made it unawares of the horrors regarding privacy settings and now I'm scared about what information about me has been accessed. I have a fake last name though, and changed my private settings, but I'm not happy with what I am hearing about FB.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
This is a good start, now lets all withdraw our money from the banks.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I remember deactivating and deleting my account a while back thanks to someone on ATS posting about how to do so.

Like all fads, I joined because everyone else was and it seemed the only way to communicate with some people, even those I talked to almost nightly and then eventually they even got bored of communicating to me on FB and my apathy for the site grew.

It wasn't even the privacy issue that got me to close my account forever, never to return. I just honestly got bored of it and never even bothered logging in by the end let alone talking to people I knew from school and college.

How that guy became a multi billionaire by stealing someone else's ideas and being a douche is anyone's guess, plus add him selling to the highest government bidder and having a pro-Zuckerberg movie made to turn him into some sort of hero of the modern age.

Everything about FB makes me sick. Fads are fads and this one's coming to its exodus. When will that other pointless service Twitter go?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join