It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gerald Celente Trend Alert: "It's Coming! Are You Ready?"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rstregooski

Originally posted by neo96
people are looking at a collapse as a bad thing

think about it no more stupid government

i mean no government how bad could it be?

I can somewhat agree. I mean, back to no dependence, living on your own, free in many senses, although not easy for some...

IMO a collapse certainly doesnt mean "no more stupid government".

Better check out how the collapse occurred in countries, the true events when they lose control, and how long it takes for things to become anywhere approaching livable. To wish for such tragedy, death , suffering, loss, and destruction is foolish. Look at the financial collapse of Yugoslavia, and lead up to the collapsing govts that are happening before our eyes. No, there is never a lack of government or this idea of utopian anarchy.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FTD Brat
reply to post by TDawgRex

Not to be alarmist, but I'm expecting it to be around August 2nd. Probably wrong, but you never know.

Thanks for ruining my birthday plans.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
I was slightly confused by one portion of the article, towards the end where it says pulling out of the market could be a very bad idea. It seemed to be implying that the market will rebound eventually, so any saved money will regain its value. I might've read that wrong. In any case, how is the long-term integrity of the market certain at all? If the USD fully collapses, requiring a new currency, wouldn't it be far better to have removed your investments before the collapse and placed them in some more stable market elsewhere?

Or are they arguing that it will be a global collapse, so the safest place is to stay put? *Scratches his head*

Sorry to just now reply-- lost my internet connection.. As far as that portion of the article I think you're referring to, it's and excerpt from a 2007 CNN article (says so at the end of the indented material), saying that pulling out of the market could be a bad mistake. This comes as the market fringed around 14,000, before dropping below the 10,000 mark and when many 401k's turned into 200.5k's.. Thanks CNN!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
I can post on this tommorrow but Celente is either talking in generalities or doom and gloom. When he's right, which isn't often BTW, everyone thinks he's some kind of Nostradamis.

Can you define "isn't often"? I'd love to know of it..

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Ive been paying attention to Celente for well over a decade.. and though he is not 100% on the money 100% of the time.. he is a great trends watcher. I dont agree with him all the time.. but, I agree with what he is saying here.. and like others, this is nothing new. WHat is new is that more main stream folks are starting to sound the alarm, and I can only hope for the sake of all ( prepared and unprepared) that folks are listening. Im already noticing the troubles here in Illinois.. and it wont be people agianst the govt.. it will begin as citizens against citizens.. and its already begun. If it hasnt hit you yet, I do believe it will very soon because I dont think this can be "fixed". I think this is a controlled demolition of our economy and eventually our nation. Its no secret agenda anymore.. and if youre watching even main stream news you can see the demolition spoken of openly.

Im prepared for the most part and Im even very concerned. Im very concerned about my neighbors and loved ones.. and very concerned about the not so savory element that surround me. No one can prepare for everything or every situation... so stay vigilant and flexible.

Im no hysteric or fear monger, but I see that this is unavoidable. I had thought we had more time, but we dont. Its been in the slide for years now.. I saw it in hindsight starting in the 80's. WHen it was happening, it was easy to explain away or say "well, thats not me" or "thats somewhere else". Today, none of us can afford to do this. Take my generations mistakes and dont repeat them. Dont be complacent or blind... or afraid. Our country is young, it will have growing pains, and it is being torn from within.. hopefully we can take this crisis and make something better out of it.. but we cant if we let the ones who are causing this demolition engineer its solution. Their solution will never be for the good of the people.

I have also seen many here that are non US Americans snickering over it and feeling so superior. I suppose no one told them that their economies are tied to ours. WHEN we sink, not an "if" anymore IMO, a lot of folks govts who have leeched on with and supported our own corruption will be coming along for the ride. Soon, others will see that we are all one people and not one of our govts are worthy of leading a people.

Its each of your responsibilities to prepare and do what you can to prepare for your family. You are the only one who will be able to at least make your odds better. Even if our Govt wanted to care for us.. they couldnt. Even worse, I believe they dont want to. Take the lessons from the disasters and incidents of the past.

Thanks for the response.. Speaking of Illinois, I just heard the government there is seeking to place ads on license plates for increasing revenues.. You heard of this?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Celente certainly has a lot to offer based on his overall track record in the realm of trend forecasting. As it was mentioned before in this thread, he is echoing the sentiment that is being shared by a growing number of influential people in the main stream. James Carville was just talking about the possibility of large scale civil unrest leading up to and following the 2012 election. (Perhaps Carville and others have been reading Celente?)

One thing is certain. Be careful what you wish for because the players that are involved now and that will be involved in a collapse situation want chaos in this country. Plain, simple and as obvious as the nose on your face. Large scale Chaos leads to "emergency" restructuring of govt. entities and of our socioeconomic structure as a whole. Then, if they get desperate enough, the martial law card gets played. Rise up and rebuild a new great nation or a new "Open Society" that the progressives would be proud to call THEIRS.

This is what is happening in the Middle East and key areas of Africa as we speak. The buttons are being pushed behind the scenes in that entire region. The old guard dicatators and non elected leaders are being squeezed out of the equation to open the revolving door to a new leadership regime. The Muslim Brotherhood. And the US is directly and covertly involved. We've been warned about Yemen for some time and our covert actions there have just been revealed. Geographically, Yemen is ideal given its proximity to the Southern Shipping Lanes of the Red Sea. To the norh, Egypt is in turmoil and is facing uncertainty and conveniently controls the Suez Canal.

I don't know what to make of it all at the moment. It does appear that we are rapidly reaching a tipping point in this nation and we have an administration that is pushing and shoving as hard as it can to lead us there.

This is creepy....and these are some of the key players in this game. They have a lot to accomplish and large scale chaos would certainly help to advance this ideological nightmare.

The Open Society Foundations work to build vibrant and tolerant democracies whose governments are accountable to their citizens. To achieve this mission, the Foundations seek to shape public policies that assure greater fairness in political, legal, and economic systems and safeguard fundamental rights. On a local level, the Open Society Foundations implement a range of initiatives to advance justice, education, public health, and independent media. At the same time, we build alliances across borders and continents on issues such as corruption and freedom of information. The Foundations place a high priority on protecting and improving the lives of people in marginalized communities.

www.soros.org...

Their initiatives are a tad chilling as well
www.soros.org...

Cheers and keep em' in the 10 ring

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FTD Brat

Well if the rumors that are being posted here on ATS concerning JP Morgan defaulting on the silver contracts on August 5th are true.........then we are counting days now........

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

I can somewhat agree. I mean, back to no dependence, living on your own, free in many senses, although not easy for some...

No money, no food, no electricty, no law enforcement, no assistance for the the elderly and veterans. Sounds pretty horrific to me.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yea, that's why I stated "somewhat".. There are a few good things to come of that but many negatives..

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Therefore, there is no link I can provide, just these screen captures...

no, there is a link "view the online version" at the top

can you post it please

this is worth making it go viral

thanks

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Celente as well as others even with a basic understanding of simple economics understand what is going on here.

I'm not an economist, but here's my take on it and how it ties in with what Celente is saying.

Anytime there is manipulation (bubble) within a market, the market will correct itself (crash). In this case, new bubbles were formed which cancelled out any corrections. QE1 & QE2 prolonged the inevitable and is making it worse; QE3 will more than likely be the breaking point. The market was correcting itself in 08 with the housing crash, while those responsible were being exposed as their businesses failed. Had the government decided not to bail out those responsible and let the market crash naturally, the effects would have been dire (can we say Great Depression II), but the market might have recovered on its own eventually.

QE3 is the ace in the sleeve for the FED. With QE 1 & 2, they figured that the housing market would turn around and things would be at least sustainable, but that has not happened in fact things are getting worse. The injection of cash to cover inflated loan values (from the housing bubble) on devalued properties will eventually cause hyper inflation and the ultimate demise of the US dollar.

No one really knows exactly when this will happen, or what will the the specific effects will be and anything else is pure speculation. One thing's for sure, if things keep going the way they are, the US dollar as a currency is sure to fail.

And to think... I used to think that "Amero" talk was hot air, but now I may rethink that sentiment.

edit on 14-6-2011 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by XmikaX

Ah, very well.. Sorry, I just noticed that..
Here's the link...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
There is no coming collapse, Gerald Celente is a moron.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

Do the math..

Any basis re the moron remark?
edit on 14-6-2011 by rstregooski because: dsvfsdf

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

I'm curious what makes you think that there is not a collapse coming? It may not be this year like Celente predicts, but one is sure to come unless something happens... Maybe you know something I don't, I could use the boost of optimism.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Do the math..

Any evidence re the moron remark?

I did the math and I don't see Paul Krugman, Joseph Stiglitz or Ben Bernanke worried. They aren't running out and buying gold, food, etc, so why should I? They know what's going on, you and your friend Gerald Celente don't. How many Nobel Prizes has Gerald Celente won? Oh, that's right.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Do the math..

Any basis re the moron remark?
edit on 14-6-2011 by rstregooski because: dsvfsdf

Just another self admitted troll that is incapable of posting more than one or two lines in a thread.
High Schooler on summer break.
Hence the dim comments

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Do the math..

I did the math and I don't see Paul Krugman, Joseph Stiglitz or Ben Bernanke worried. They aren't running out and buying gold, food, etc, so why should I? They know what's going on, you and your friend Gerald Celente don't. How many Nobel Prizes has Gerald Celente won? Oh, that's right.

Surprising words coming from someone who claims to hate government in other threads. You trust Ben Bernake?
That's funny. Your "mood" certainly defines your "at the moment" comments.

Cheers!!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Do the math..

Man, you are dis-informed if you're basing things on Ben Bernanke..

Please watch this short clip and then consider questioning your stance on all this...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

I was really hoping that I was looking at this all wrong, but I still think Celente and others are on to something. The more cash in circulation = inflation simple as that...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join