It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gerald Celente Trend Alert: "It's Coming! Are You Ready?"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

Regarding that link you posted, here's a good example at the article's blatant example of poor comprehension:

In 1998, Celente told Money Magazine that, as the population grows older, “Americans will be spending more time at home than ever before both for pleasure and business.” Imagine that. You grow old, retire, and then you suddenly have more time. How the hell did Celente know?

No I feel like any normal person reading the first part of the statement now would assume that "more time at home for pleasure and business" would mean: (for pleasure - saving money in a down economy, maybe? Stay home watch a movie instead of 20 bucks at the theater?).... (for business - working from home which has become an increasing trend the entire decade).

So the article just assumes he's talking about retirement. Ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

The most important thing that economics teaches is that human beings are motivated by self interest. This is day-one material in any college level economics course. And when control = profit, then you see the real power, and their agendas..
edit on 14-6-2011 by rstregooski because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazyninja

Like I said there is a big difference between successfully forecasting dips and successfully forecasting the apocalpyse.
edit on 14-6-2011 by Lazyninja because: (no reason given)

Seriously, please take the time to watch this interview from today, and see if you can really disagree with it..

edit on 14-6-2011 by rstregooski because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

Yes and Americans are some of the most highly motivated self interested people on the face of the planet. It's hard to conceive of a nation so interested in making third world countries suffer so they can eat twinkies and browse the internet; randomly falling into an unrecoverable engineered financial disaster.

See it's either this, it's either engineered or it's incompetence. If you ask who engineered it, it's the Chinese, or the Jews, or even the British! I always tend to skew towards incompetence, because what I've learned from life is that all those people we perceive as being in control barely know what the hell they are doing, which might be a terrifying concept if not for the fact that it's true for people in all countries.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rstregooski

Originally posted by gorgi
Another Gerald Celente post.

This guy has no credibility. Check out this link. The guy is always wrong and is always predicting doom and gloom but it never comes true.

There is no crash coming in the near future. I suppose its just a popular thing to be saying right now. There is just no evidence to show a crash coming, just a recovery.

Read through the pages of this thread and see how many people disagree with you.. I don't even know how to respond to you, accept with this..

So the fact that most of the sheeple here do not agree with me does not make me wrong. I am pointing out that the guy has no credibility.

There is clip of him and glenn beck where he predicts a massive crash in 09 and 10 (post it when I can find it again). It didnt happen and also what the article I posted points out.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

You only rad part of the article I see. There is more to it than that. IT points out that celente can not predict any thing and is wrong when he tries.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rstregooski

Originally posted by Lazyninja

Like I said there is a big difference between successfully forecasting dips and successfully forecasting the apocalpyse.

Seriously, please take the time to watch this interview from today, and see if you can really disagree with it..

Yeah it's a sad situation. American politics is officially now a circus and has been for many years. Also I'm very surprised that Ron Paul would lower himself to going on that gameshow or whatever the hell it is.

But sure that video is just a slice of the whole sideshow. Liberal biased media CNN runs a little stunt like that, conservative biased media FOX ridicules them. It's how it has been and how it always will be.

But I do disagree with Celente in that interview. He just repeated the rhetoric I have heard from him a hundred times, his main focus seems to be a moral obsession (which I agree with) that America should end the farcical War On Terror. But from an economic perspective I totally disagree with that assessment, America is doing what it's done since ww2, feeding the war economy. And if it was not profitable to be neo-colonizing countries and getting cheap oil, then America would not be doing it.

Whole other subject once you go down that road though.

Edit to add: Also during Celente talking, you can see that the show appears to have turned serious afterwards, but of course you can't hear what's being said. I would be interested to know what questions were asked, because from here it looks like FOX just cherrypicked the stupid part.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

I agree to completely disagree..
15th

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Media role playing is all it ever was to further the illusion of freedom, democracy et al... thats the deal.

Fox is the RIGHT
CNN is the MIDDLE
MSNBC is the LEFT

If you think CNN is to the RIGHT then you are on the LEFT
If you think CNN is to the LEFT then you are on the RIGHT
If you think FOX is "fair and balanced" then you are on the RIGHT
If you think MSNBC is "fair and balanced" then you are on the LEFT

Understanding the concept of PEAK OIL is critical in understanding the current situation.
One must first be able to see beyond the "VEIL OF GREED" to see the reality of what drives the majority of the worlds economies... cheap and easy energy.

Nothing was as cheap and as easy as using 1 barrel of energy to extract 100 barrels of energy... initial petroleum extraction rates specificallly from basins in the middle east or 1 barrel to extract 30 barrels.... initial US petroleum extraction rates.

If you are one of the "smart ones" such as WEBSTER TARPLEY who can put alot of the pieces together yet who in turn fail to see beyond the Veil of Greed please do not be dismayed as it will not matter much as long as you have prepared yourself and your dependents for the worse economic situation that you can imagine...

Gerald is old enough to remember what happened in the 70's, the reality of M.King Hubberts Warning, the oil embargo "shocks" and the path that the U.S. government decided upon also known as the Carter Doctrine.

Endless end game war for resources.
We will not know peace until we are at the bottom of the barrel and if a clear and concise transition is not implemented in time, we may never know peace again unless it is the peace one gets from laying at the bottom of a grave.

All of the economic downturning that scares most of you folks is reassuring to anyone who understands the above. It has to happen and luckily for us it is not all happening at one time but is slowly unraveling, slowly slowing down like a properly functioning yet "still speeding" train should...

Bye bye energy slaves. You will be sadly missed by those who never understood simply how "hooked" on you that they are/were.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Not sure how he believes both parties are at fault. When the Dems have been in control of the House and Senate for the past five years. Up until this year. Civics lesson. That is the branch of goverment that determines the budget, spending, passing and turning down of policies. So its fair and factual to say that the Liberal representatives have been running this country for the past five years. No matter how you spin it. As far as the housing bubble that was created. Well, a lot of thanks can go to Barnie Frank (Dem), of fannie and freddie. If your not sure of his involvement, then you been in a closet for the past 6 years. To me, its pretty much common sense. But no one wants to admit failure.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OverMan

There are lies upon lies upon lies. You seem to understand most of the lies, but the final one that you haven't figured out yet is the peak oil lie. The truth is that nobody knows how much oil is left, so they're always telling us that there's barely any left despite finding huge oil fields around the world every day. Peak oil has done great things for the profits of the oil industry, it's a tool that they use and abuse, and helpful idiots like environmentalists help the whole charade along. Even survivalist doomers help the situation by spreading the one thing that makes people more easily controllable = fear.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

give this post a star posted on 14-6-2011 @ 08:43 this post people are looking at a collapse as a bad thing think about it no more stupid government i mean no government how bad could it be?

Don't you think a collapse would mean more government? More control, martial law and all that to prevent riots for example?
I have never noticed a collapse that reduced government control, did you?

I mean, sure what you're saying would be great, but is it realistic? We all know what the nwo is planning and how their main strategy for more control is crisis....

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43

Not sure how he believes both parties are at fault. When the Dems have been in control of the House and Senate for the past five years. Up until this year. Civics lesson. That is the branch of goverment that determines the budget, spending, passing and turning down of policies. So its fair and factual to say that the Liberal representatives have been running this country for the past five years. No matter how you spin it. As far as the housing bubble that was created. Well, a lot of thanks can go to Barnie Frank (Dem), of fannie and freddie. If your not sure of his involvement, then you been in a closet for the past 6 years. To me, its pretty much common sense. But no one wants to admit failure.

Of course it's both parties.. Have you not noticed the trend during all the recent two-term presidencies over the years? Every time there's midterm elections, the voters are all angry and fed-up, so the elections swing to the party opposite the presidential party that was elected two years prior. It just happened again last year. It's one pony-back game after another. It's politics, and the same politicians who collectively steered this mess are the ones to get us out? Don't bet on it.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Of course it's both parties.. Have you not noticed the trend during all the recent two-term presidencies over the years? Every time there's midterm elections, the voters are all angry and fed-up, so the elections swing to the party opposite the presidential party that was elected two years prior. It just happened again last year. It's one pony-back game after another. It's politics, and the same politicians who collectively steered this mess are the ones to get us out? Don't bet on it.

Well said. I liken it to electing a new mob boss and hoping he is going to run a kinder gentler protection racket then the previous mob boss... I am considering putting up signs around my area saying "vote for crook #1" for less corruption , "vote for crook number # 2 for less theft through taxes" etc...

edit on 15-6-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

Geeze. Now that sucks...
Your birthday is the same day the US is gonna default!
All the money you get in birthday cards will be worthless! D=

jk... Hopefully nothing will happen but you never know.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I say the 2nd because that's when the US Treasury will have to default.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join