It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gerald Celente Trend Alert: "It's Coming! Are You Ready?"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel
reply to post by rstregooski

This guy (Gerald Celente) is nothing more than a fear mongering shill. Benefitting from creating panic. Go to this idiot's website and you will see what he is selling. He is selling fear.

It amazes me how many idiots follow this troll.

You clearly haven't read through the pages of this thread. This guy's been around a while.

If what is to come is all nice and peachy and nothing bad is on the horizon, and Celente's forecasting it as such, what would he be; a peach-mongerer?

Do some research before making such bold posts please.
edit on 14-6-2011 by rstregooski because: beer

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

Oh, and I guess his prediction of the gold price run in 2002 (at $275 an ounce) was complete nonsense too, right? Gold is currently over $1500.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
how bout this...
in 04 i called for 1200 dollar gold....
i'm targeting a low further down, significantly further down for elliottwave analysis on the currency pair that pre-dicts the dow and global fundamentals.....but
maybe a go for the top after a fall quickly...

edit on 14-6-2011 by GBP/JPY because: Yahushua is our new King

wait....that's harmonic fibo elliott wave
edit on 14-6-2011 by GBP/JPY because: Yahushua is our new K

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
people are looking at a collapse as a bad thing

think about it no more stupid government

i mean no government how bad could it be?

LOL, the collapse has been orchestrated for a while. The true controllers of the government will not stop being in control after the collapse of the monetary system.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

No my friend. I see this as a big reset button. That is when we get our shot to throw all the bums out and start over. There will be suffering, people will die; but the sheeple will finally be shaken from their slumber and maybe we can rebuild our formerly great nation.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
For those that think Gerald Celente is doing nothing more than selling fear, you are sadly misinformed.

Several years back the MSM used to have Celente on all the time. They would sing his praises. If I remember correctly wasn't it CNN or the Washington Post that said his predictions were so accurate that he would "give Nostradamous a run for his money".

For several years now, the MSM has not had Celente on their shows like they used to. He still gets on FOX, CNN, and MSNBC but it is not very often in comparison. This change began when his forecast began warning people of the coming economic crisis. When he began talking about food riots, student riots, and the things that people are afraid of, the MSM distanced themselves as quickly as they could.

If you actually follow his forecast, he has not been wrong yet. So you can call if fear mongering if you want to, I call him right.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
For those that think Gerald Celente is doing nothing more than selling fear, you are sadly misinformed.

Several years back the MSM used to have Celente on all the time. They would sing his praises. If I remember correctly wasn't it CNN or the Washington Post that said his predictions were so accurate that he would "give Nostradamous a run for his money".

For several years now, the MSM has not had Celente on their shows like they used to. He still gets on FOX, CNN, and MSNBC but it is not very often in comparison. This change began when his forecast began warning people of the coming economic crisis. When he began talking about food riots, student riots, and the things that people are afraid of, the MSM distanced themselves as quickly as they could.

If you actually follow his forecast, he has not been wrong yet. So you can call if fear mongering if you want to, I call him right.

Well put. He actually stated in a recent interview (referring to Russia Today) that he preferred doing their interviews versus Fox and a couple our major outlets because on RT he's not limited in world affairs, as opposed to being prepped and warned before other interviews elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Just come on and fall already. I mean damn, the waiting is the worst part imo. Let's get this party started.

That's funny!

A star for u.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden

Originally posted by neo96
people are looking at a collapse as a bad thing

think about it no more stupid government

i mean no government how bad could it be?

LOL, the collapse has been orchestrated for a while. The true controllers of the government will not stop being in control after the collapse of the monetary system.

If and when it does collapse KILL THE FED should be our collectively mantra, until the end of time if need be.

If the money's worthless, issue the new "people's money" at the authority of Congress (instead of an international baking cabal) printed and issued WITHOUT interest at source (a ponzi scheme if levied upon nothing whatsoever at issuance).

KILL THE FED
KILL THE FED
KILL THE FED
KILL THE FED
KILL THE FED
KILL THE FED
KILL THE FED
KILL THE FED
KILL THE FED
KILL THE FED
KILL THE FED
KILL THE FED

For those who wish to get a grip on the fundamental issues here, I highly recommend this film "Money Masters"

Cheers,

NAM

edit on 14-6-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

as much as I would love to believe all the hype about zombie apocolypses and wild west free for alls, it seems more and more likely that collapse means corporate slave state, which doesn't sound so exciting

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Celente has been saying this stuff for YEARS... not just the last 3, he is one of the main figures who have been able to get the message into the "mainstream media".

A lot of people have been saying this for years, not putting stock in what these people say or ignoring it because it hasnt happened yet or you dont think it could happen is ignorance at best. No one knows when, EXCEPT for the Elite group who own the Central Banks, who are currently manipulating things now and the rest of this little matrix we call reality. The collapse will happen when they have stolen the remaining wealth from whats left and decide its time to try and take the Agenda to the next level, its not that far off now

Everything else is a distraction, aimed at keeping the sleeping populace swaying to the rhythm of the illusion long enough to do what needs to be done.

Above all other things going on in this world it is a war on consciousness, to convince the minds of the many this is how things go, that this is human nature, reality, when its all LIES

Expand your Consciousness...change is already happening, we are witnessing the collapse of all the old paradigms while many try to rationalize it away or pretend its not happening
edit on 14-6-2011 by awakened1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

I cannot agree more......this Collapse thing is second on my list behind E.T. Disclosure.
I mean damnit all; let's hurry up and get sh1t rolling.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Celente has been spreading doom since at least (AT LEAST) the mid nineties on the Art Bell show. This is how the guy makes his money and feels important.

Don't get me wrong, stuff is messed up, but doomers like this guy always exaggerate the problem because like I said, it gets people listening to him.

Several years back the MSM used to have Celente on all the time. They would sing his praises

Yeah and then he went all Charlie Sheen and now the only people who follow him are the wacko fringe survivalist groups.

The apocalpyse is always just right around the corner, and in 20 years he'll be saying the same thing, the apocalpse is almost here! That's how you spot a doomer, the apocalypse never comes, but it's always "on the brink"
edit on 14-6-2011 by Lazyninja because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazyninja
Celente has been spreading doom since at least (AT LEAST) the mid nineties on the Art Bell show. This is how the guy makes his money and feels important.

Don't get me wrong, stuff is messed up, but doomers like this guy always exaggerate the problem because like I said, it gets people listening to him.

Several years back the MSM used to have Celente on all the time. They would sing his praises

Yeah and then he went all Charlie Sheen and now the only people who follow him are the wacko fringe survivalist groups.

The apocalpyse is always just right around the corner, and in 20 years he'll be saying the same thing, the apocalpse is almost here! That's how you spot a doomer, the apocalypse never comes, but it's always "on the brink"

No, sorry you're wrong. First off the time frame is wrong, try 1980. And why does everyone run to the "doom" train with this? His forecasts have included everything from the gold bull run ($275 to $1500 an ounce) over the course of 9 years, to the trend of "buy local", a return to elegance, and necessity of a renaissance.

And besides,

"If what is to come is all nice and peachy and nothing bad is on the horizon, and Celente's forecasting it as such, what would he be; a peach-mongerer?"

Such a horrible assumption to jump on, the "doom" train.

edit on 14-6-2011 by rstregooski because: content

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

In 1980 Celente was still considered a reputable economist. He didn't really start hardcore dooming til later on.

If Celente was right, more economists would be on board with him, instead of that Celente has been dropped by all reputable sources because he's going right off into sandwich board territory. Of course you'd say that's because the government controls everything and wants to shut him up.

You can forecast gold/oil rising or falling, that's just what economists do. And don't get me wrong Celente was one of the best, but that reputation went to his head and he began to think he could forecast much more complex ecnomic models, such as the success or failure of an entire nation.

Sorry but economics is not that simple, there are far too man variables to take into account. He should stick to gold/oil and relatively "simple" stuff like that.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Another Gerald Celente post.

This guy has no credibility. Check out this link. The guy is always wrong and is always predicting doom and gloom but it never comes true.

There is no crash coming in the near future. I suppose its just a popular thing to be saying right now. There is just no evidence to show a crash coming, just a recovery.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

If Celente was right, more economists would be on board with him, instead of that Celente has been dropped by all reputable sources because he's going right off into sandwich board territory.

I guess you're referring to all the economists that agreed with Bernanke in 2006 when he said that everything was just fine, the housing market would continue to grow (no bad bubble), the motor vehicle sector was going to stay just peachy...

Gerald Celente was one of few with a bleaker outlook (Oh god, it must be "doom").

Check Minute Mark 1:58

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

Yeah exactly. This part is noteworthy:

The media — or, rather, FOX News and conservative websites — is listening to Celente because he “predicted” the 1997 currency crisis in Asia, the subprime mortgage disaster, and the dollar dipping south. But Infowars, a website run by paleoconservative radio show host Alex Jones, is basking in this dystopic news like an AIG executive riding high on Uncle Sam’s dime. What’s particularly strange is that Infowars hasn’t bothered to quibble with Celente’s statements, much less point to any of his inaccurate predictions.

How does Celente do it?

How he does it is basically like this: There is a huge mass of people out there (me included) who are almost totally uneducated about economics, which is a very broad knowledge base to get into, it includes sociology and history and all kinds of stuff once you get deep into it. So people who are naturally cautious by nature are bound to pay attention to what he's saying.

Really it comes down to this, trust your own judgement from a variety of sources, not single sources. This website is all about educating people to get out of the stupid patriarchal system we live under, be it medicine or information (news) and virtually all aspects of human life. Learn to think for yourself and you may understand what's really going on.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi
Another Gerald Celente post.

This guy has no credibility. Check out this link. The guy is always wrong and is always predicting doom and gloom but it never comes true.

There is no crash coming in the near future. I suppose its just a popular thing to be saying right now. There is just no evidence to show a crash coming, just a recovery.

Read through the pages of this thread and see how many people disagree with you.. I don't even know how to respond to you, accept with this..

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Originally posted by rstregooski
reply to post by Lazyninja

I guess you're referring to all the economists that agreed with Bernanke in 2006 when he said that everything was just fine, the housing market would continue to grow (no bad bubble), the motor vehicle sector was going to stay just peachy...

Gerald Celente was one of few with a bleaker outlook (Oh god, it must be "doom").

Like I said there is a big difference between successfully forecasting dips and successfully forecasting the apocalpyse.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join