Ok. Look man, war and armed conflict is NUTS. Don't treat it like a game.
Think things through:
1. What are the REALISTIC scenarios you AND YOUR FAMILY are likely to face?
2. Is your goal to go all Rambo or to make sure you and your family survives? If your goal is to go all Rambo then ditch your family now because if a
SHTF scenario ever takes place you're gonna get them killed. If, however, you want to protect them I suggest you read, read, read, tactics on sneaking
around, how to move in a military fashion, and have a plan and route of escape that you and your family can use to success.
3. If you think for a second that you, your MA skills(I'm a WC practitioner myself), your sword and whatever lead thrower you have is going to be a
match for a trained military force you are out of your mind. The idea behind survival is to fight ONLY when you MUST, and to avoid it as often as
4. In a bad situation chances are you are gonna be moving on foot. If you're carrying several pounds of knives and other bladed assortments and
useless equipment you're going to be taking up space for things you actually need. Like food, water, ammunition, daily provision. And you're gonna
have to walk for MILES with this stuff on your back. You need to carry one or two good utility/hunting knives. If you're going to carry a tacticool
AR15 with all the bell and whistles you're gonna have to bring extra batteries for the optics, cleaning solution, oil and a cleaning kit. On top of
all of that you're gonna need ammo. Not just what's in your magazines, but what you carry in your backpack to reload those mags.
5. Understand this: If you're gonna go around looking like a ninja because you think it's cool someone with a Remington 700 and digital camo is going
to pop your head off with a 7.62x51 round. And he won't miss. You don't wanna stand out if you can help it. If you want your family to survive you
need to either be really good at sneaking around, or try your hardest to look as unimportant as possible. The second someone sees a ninja with all
those shiny knives and an AR 15 acting like no one can see him, you're dead, and your family might be too.
I'm not going to recommend a weapon to you because you need to understand what a weapon is for, and what it is NOT for. You need to understand that
the situation you're talking about won't be as survivable as you think it will be. Until you understand this stuff and stop watching DBZ as if it's
going to help you when the bullets and grenades start flying, you're going to be useless in a survival situation.
edit on 15-6-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)