It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Bradley Manning. (VIDEO)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The story, like so many others is not dieing. And for that, I felt the need to post the latest video in support of not only Mr. Manning but all of us..

This story has been done again and again but unless it's kept in the public arena, it will disappear and so will Bradley.

What is the real issue? Homosexuality? Military Secrets? Torture? Disclosure?

Regardless, I feel that this is an important moment and if it does disappear from the public interest like so many other potentially defining issues, it will be one more victory against all of us and not just Mr. Manning.

www.bradleymanning.org...

June 4th 2011. Bradley Manning Support Network. Approximately 250 supporters —including many veterans—converged today at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas to rally for Bradley Manning. Supporters arrived from across the country and held large colorful signs that said, "Free Bradley Manning, Hero, Whistle-Blower."

The Abusive Detention of Bradley Manning

www.globalresearch.ca...

I am being treated differently from any other detainee at the Quantico Brig. While the PCF Commander follows the recommendation of the Brig Psychiatrist in dealing with other detainees, this does not happen in my case. Other detainees usually remain on MAX custody or in POI Status for about two weeks before they are downgraded. I, however, have been left to languish under the unduly harsh conditions of MAX Custody and POI Status since my arrival on 29 July 2010. In fact, I am currently the only detainee being held under MAX Custody and the only detainee being held in POI status by the Brig. Any objective person looking at the above facts would have to conclude that this treatment is unjustified. The determination to retain me in MAX Custody and under POI Status after 27 August 2010 was improper and constitutes unlawful pretrial punishment.

Upcoming Protests:

June 15 Action to Protest Anti-Whistleblower Grand Jury Investigation

news.infoshop.org...

We are gathering to protest the detainment and unfair treatment of Bradley Manning and the pending grand jury investigation that seeks to embroil WikiLeaks, its associates, and its supporters in espionage charges. Recent attacks on its citizens has made it clear to us that the United States government no longer automatically grants freedom and liberty to its governed.

We have taken this abuse long enough. We, Civic Counsel, students and concerned citizens, believe it is time to stand up for our own rights and those of the people around us. If we do nothing, we risk losing the rest of our freedom and privacy. The government seeks to remove even our most basic rights: the rights to speak up for justice and hold our so-called “representatives” accountable. The trends of rampant corruption, unnecessary withholding of information, and unlawful detainment of citizens must end.

It's just the truth but he is facing the rest of his life in prison because the truth isn't popular.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Manning faces a court martial and up to 52 years in prison for his alleged role in copying the diplomatic cables, as well as the leak of military logs about incidents in Afghanistan and Iraq and a classified military video which showed a crew of an American Apache helicopter gunning down a group of men who they thought had a rocket launcher. They turned out to include Reuters staff with a TV camera.

Another support network:

www.standwithbrad.org...

Stand with Bradley! manningA 23-year-old Army intelligence analyst, Pfc. Manning faces decades in prison for allegedly leaking a video of a US helicopter attack that killed at least eleven Iraqi civilians to the website Wikileaks. Among the dead were two working Reuters reporters. Two children were also severely wounded in the attack. In addition to this "Collateral Murder" video, Pfc. Manning is suspected of leaking the "Afghan War Diaries" – tens of thousands of battlefield reports that explicitly describe civilian deaths and cover-ups, corrupt officials, collusion with warlords, and a failing US/NATO war effort. "We only know these crimes took place because insiders blew the whistle at great personal risk ... Government whistleblowers are part of a healthy democracy and must be protected from reprisal,"

So his accounts have never been said to be a lie but his life is destroyed because he dared to tell the truth.

"What have we purchased with well over a trillion tax dollars and the deaths of hundreds of thousands in Iraq and Afghanistan?” However, history is replete with unlikely heroes.

Who is Bradley Manning?

www.ibtimes.com...
THE CHARGES
Manning has been charged with "transferring classified data" and "delivering national defense information to an unauthorized source." He is now awaiting court martial and could be awarded a maximum sentence of 52 years in jail if he is convicted of the charges. He is suspected of leaking more than 90,000 secret military documents to the whistle-blower website.
He was arrested in May on suspicion of leaking footages of a US helicopter attack which killed two Reuters cameramen among others. Spotlight turned on him after WikiLeaks released the Afghan war documents in July. The Pentagon has also declared him as a "person of interest" in its hunt for the sources of the leaks.

Last but not least, my personal message:

"FREE BRADLEY MANNING!"

edit on 12-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The man is a hero, he should be given a medal and released...
edit on 12-6-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
We must not forget or stop talking about Manning, by showing support for him, others in the Government may be more likely to come out and speak on behalf of the PEOPLE.

Good post OP, S & F.

FREE Bradley Manning !

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Free him, after they cut the noose from his neck at Leavenworth.....he's a traitor and deserves no less. The number of idiots applauding this scum is not only a telling symptom of the ills this country has, but a telling story as to why we are on a downward spiral.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Free him, after they cut the noose from his neck at Leavenworth.....he's a traitor and deserves no less. The number of idiots applauding this scum is not only a telling symptom of the ills this country has, but a telling story as to why we are on a downward spiral.

If telling the truth is the definition of a traitor in your World, I can see your point.

But fortunately for the rest of the World, he stood up.

edit on 12-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
well it was a neat concept
and worthy of a star and flag

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Fortunately not all of the world thinks he did right. He is a traitor first and formost, and as such deserves nothing but contempt.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Fortunately not all of the world thinks he did right. He is a traitor first and formost, and as such deserves nothing but contempt.

So the question remains.

Is he a traitor to the US or a hero to the World?

I know the answer already and seeing that so many support groups originate from the states, so do others.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Well the husband and wife team that gave our nuclear secrets to the Russians were telling the truth also so do you believe they are heroes?

Do you believe the government should disclose everything they know regardless of the consequences just because you have some need to know the truth and damn the world what happens?

This guy is guilty and is whining like a little kid. He broke the law and he can't take the punishment..should have thought about what his actions might bring before he did.

And i'm still waiting to see what great truth he revealed that makes him a hero. It's not like the government was covering up the cure to cancer and he gave it to the world.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

A traitor to the US, and remind me again exactly what the world gained from hid treachery? As far as the support groups, most are started and run by left leaning individuals with no understanding of honor, duty, or country. They are a continuation of the progressive movement started in our universities that continues to this day......nothing more than a cancer in our society. Fools who reap the benefits of this country without paying for them, all the while trying to help destroy it from the inside.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Well the husband and wife team that gave our nuclear secrets to the Russians were telling the truth also so do you believe they are heroes?

Do you believe the government should disclose everything they know regardless of the consequences just because you have some need to know the truth and damn the world what happens?

This guy is guilty and is whining like a little kid. He broke the law and he can't take the punishment..should have thought about what his actions might bring before he did.

And i'm still waiting to see what great truth he revealed that makes him a hero. It's not like the government was covering up the cure to cancer and he gave it to the world.

Very different situation.

They leaked secrets. He leaked cover-ups. Very simple. They were accused of being spies. He is accused of whistle-blowing. Not the same.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Private Bradley Manning, who had a top-secret security clearance, has been held in military custody in Kuwait since his arrest in Iraq in May over the video, which caused great embarrassment to the US military establishment. It showed an air strike that killed a dozen people, including two Iraqis working for Reuters news agency. The air crew is heard falsely claiming to have encountered a firefight in Baghdad and then laughing at the dead. WikiLeaks gave the video the title Collateral Murder.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

He is a whistleblower, the information he released pertained to illegal activity. Under international law he did the right thing. In years to come American soliders and administation may weill be arrested for their war crimes and make no mistake war crimes were commited.....

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
What was it he did again?
Oh wait....

THE CHARGES Manning has been charged with "transferring classified data" and "delivering national defense information to an unauthorized source." He is now awaiting court martial and could be awarded a maximum sentence of 52 years in jail if he is convicted of the charges. He is suspected of leaking more than 90,000 secret military documents to the whistle-blower website. He was arrested in May on suspicion of leaking footages of a US helicopter attack which killed two Reuters cameramen among others. Spotlight turned on him after WikiLeaks released the Afghan war documents in July. The Pentagon has also declared him as a "person of interest" in its hunt for the sources of the leaks.

yup, real 'hero' in my eyes

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

No, actually, you are the problem. People like you are the reason this country is on a "downward spiral". You're a sociopath and a degenerate, clearly evident by the filth you spew. You try to conceal your abhorrent filth by wrapping yourself in the flag, but all you're doing is covering the flag with your #.

Thanks for playing though.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Actually, the fact that approve of this traitors actions is very telling. Another cause for the ailment, ah well, enjoy your rainbows and gumdrops and leave the real world to grown ups.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
James Fondren was a retired USAF Colonel working for the US Air Force Pacific Command as a Civil Servant.

He sold US Secrets to China.

He got a couple years in a minimum security prison. He gets paid to work in the prison. He even makes overtime. He can shop in the little shopping mart in the prison and even enjoys luxurious recreational activities while he's there on vacation.

So why's the Enlisted Boy getting so hosed over when the Retired Colonel who's still under the UCMJ only get very little punishment for doing far worse than Manning?

All men are not created equal in America.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Do you think the government and those officaldom that have ordered these wars should work within the remit of the law or do you think they should be able to do what they want...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

A traitor to the US, and remind me again exactly what the world gained from hid treachery? As far as the support groups, most are started and run by left leaning individuals with no understanding of honor, duty, or country. They are a continuation of the progressive movement started in our universities that continues to this day......nothing more than a cancer in our society. Fools who reap the benefits of this country without paying for them, all the while trying to help destroy it from the inside.

No what is destroying the country is the cancer from within. The corruption, control and lies of the government, not the individual that tries to tell the truth.... This man was not selling techno secrets to the chinesse, he was trying to expose the war crimes of a nation....that in my eyes is honour and duty....

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Yup the cancer that is the left is killing this nation, I agree. Facts is facts, he is a traitor and knows nothing of honor or duty to country, I stand by that assessment. What did he do with his traitorous acts, anything great....what did he really achieve? Nada, he sold his soul for nothing and deserves the harshest punishment the UCMJ provides.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I have to agree with purplemer...Manning exposed war crimes at his own risk....And although he did violate military protocol, he also made the point of exposing the military's own disregard for civilian life, which is an even more extreme violation of international law.
All in all...Manning did the right thing....and he deserves all the support he can get.
edit on 13-6-2011 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join