Apparently, 75% of Americans want to be Dragged Back to the Jim Crow Era

page: 3
46
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Even my embarrassing welfare sucking drug addict aunt has a photo ID....
It's not all that hard to get one.




posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Even my embarrassing welfare sucking drug addict aunt has a photo ID....
It's not all that hard to get one.


Way to keep it real! Yes it is very easy to get an ID and some would just like to argue that it isn't either for the sake of arguing, or because they love the idea that many people that shouldn't be voting, not only can but will.



posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_
 


This topic is a bit out of my element. While I fear asking for Voter ID at the polls might be helpful to reduce fraud. It would morph into something the people wouldn't support. For this reason I am against it. How about just signing a registry at the voting hall. The registry would be looked at afterwords. If the number of people not registered to vote (or duplicates) exceeds a certain number, then there would need to be a re-vote in that district where ID was required to vote, but only on the second vote after fraud was determined to be an issue.



posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Antiquated1
 





The only way to unlink the two is to make photo ID free for everyone. Are you ok with that? It will probably mean a tax hike somewhere.


Let me ask you this: If the (straw argument) cost were not an issue; i.e., Voter ID cards were to be made available FREE OF CHARGE, would you then support Voter ID?



posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by no time
reply to post by SpaDe_
 


This topic is a bit out of my element. While I fear asking for Voter ID at the polls might be helpful to reduce fraud. It would morph into something the people wouldn't support. For this reason I am against it. How about just signing a registry at the voting hall. The registry would be looked at afterwords. If the number of people not registered to vote (or duplicates) exceeds a certain number, then there would need to be a re-vote in that district where ID was required to vote, but only on the second vote after fraud was determined to be an issue.


The problem here is that a lot of solutions would cost too much in tax dollars. This would be a simple solution to an ever growing problem. You show up to the polling place, show your ID, your name is then removed so that you cannot vote again, seems pretty painless to me. I can't really see how this could morph into some crazy big brother esque encroachment. (unless of course down the road they do actually come out with inserted RFID chips which I will not be getting )



posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by no time
 




This topic is a bit out of my element. While I fear asking for Voter ID at the polls might be helpful to reduce fraud. It would morph into something the people wouldn't support. For this reason I am against it. How about just signing a registry at the voting hall. The registry would be looked at afterwords. If the number of people not registered to vote (or duplicates) exceeds a certain number, then there would need to be a re-vote in that district where ID was required to vote, but only on the second vote after fraud was determined to be an issue.


Impossible. Thanks for offering, but much too complicated. I mean, it's hard enough to get people to vote once, much less twice.

You'd never be able to sell that solution.



posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
If the UK we get a polling card delivered to our home if we are on the electorial register.

We present said polling card at the polling station and in return are given a ballot paper which we then use to vote. No ID necessary. Job done.



posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
 



If the UK we get a polling card delivered to our home if we are on the electorial register.

We present said polling card at the polling station and in return are given a ballot paper which we then use to vote. No ID necessary. Job done.


How do you get on the electorial register to begin with?



posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas
 


In Great Britain, the vast majority of electors register via the annual canvass, where a form is sent to the “head of household”. This person returns the form on behalf of everyone living in that accommodation. A minority of people register via rolling registration, where individuals are responsible for filling in their own registration form.



posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Originally posted by no time
reply to post by SpaDe_
 


This topic is a bit out of my element. While I fear asking for Voter ID at the polls might be helpful to reduce fraud. It would morph into something the people wouldn't support. For this reason I am against it. How about just signing a registry at the voting hall. The registry would be looked at afterwords. If the number of people not registered to vote (or duplicates) exceeds a certain number, then there would need to be a re-vote in that district where ID was required to vote, but only on the second vote after fraud was determined to be an issue.


The problem here is that a lot of solutions would cost too much in tax dollars. This would be a simple solution to an ever growing problem. You show up to the polling place, show your ID, your name is then removed so that you cannot vote again, seems pretty painless to me. I can't really see how this could morph into some crazy big brother esque encroachment. (unless of course down the road they do actually come out with inserted RFID chips which I will not be getting )


fair enough. Sold
2nd



posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I would think that most people who are eligible to vote legally have a drivers license. For those that have no need of a drivers license (and have no other photo ID) a voter registration card should be set up. A system that would cost the individual getting the card a very small or no fee (that would toss out that moldy old race card).

I'm generally not for the idea of rolling out a new way for the gub'mint to keep track of people, but the last few presidential elections have been a circus of voter fraud.
edit on 6/10/2011 by yadboy because: spelling, as usual



posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by yadboy
 




I would think that most people who are eligible to vote legally have a drivers license. For those that have no need of a drivers license (and have no other photo ID) a voter registration card should be set up. A system that would cost the individual getting the card a very small or no fee (that would toss out that moldy old race card).

I'm generally not for the idea of rolling out a new way for the gub'mint to keep track of people, but the last few presidential elections have been a circus of voter fraud.


I cannot see the card being very expensive. In fact, I believe that most of the cost could be covered by a voluntary "sponsorship" program. Donate $5 and sponsor someone who needs but cannot afford a Voter ID card. I believe many people would kick in the $5 to help out another citizen.



posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas
 


Bottom line is that, unless they start issuing photo ID for free at voting booths, it is a discriminatory law. It discriminates a large demographic of people low on the socio-economic scale. The fact they decide to make it a "race" issue instead of a "poor" issue just shows you they are still a little behind in the times.

I don't think they understad that it just makes racially sensitive white folks get goose-bumps and start running into walls, moaning "deeey puuulled dah raaace caaaard agaaaaiiin..."

You guys that are complaining about the "race card" being pulled actually have some room to bitch in this case. It is completely unnecessary to bring up race to demonstrate how unfair this law is.



posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It is terrible that we would attempt to go back to Jim Crow laws.

Instead of a photo id , I suggest we have an alegebra problem that you have to solve before you get a ballot or let everyone have one vote, but for people that pay income taxes get another vote for every $1000 in taxes paid.



posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
People still vote? I thought that sham was long ago shown to be an illusion. People actually believe we still live in a democracy, or even a republic?



posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by billyjack
It is terrible that we would attempt to go back to Jim Crow laws.

Instead of a photo id , I suggest we have an alegebra problem that you have to solve before you get a ballot or let everyone have one vote, but for people that pay income taxes get another vote for every $1000 in taxes paid.


What's terrible is that I'm sure there will be some "Americans" out there who don't pick up on your sarcasm and will actually think that buying voting power is a good idea.


Your vote-per-$1,000 analogy is a good one. Be it the price of a photo ID or a thousand bucks, it's still charging people to express their rights as voters. If this happens, the government needs to pick up the tab and be ready to give them out at the booths themselves.
edit on 10-6-2011 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo
 





Bottom line is that, unless they start issuing photo ID for free at voting booths, it is a discriminatory law. It discriminates a large demographic of people low on the socio-economic scale. The fact they decide to make it a "race" issue instead of a "poor" issue just shows you they are still a little behind in the times.

I don't think they understad that it just makes racially sensitive white folks get goose-bumps and start running into walls, moaning "deeey puuulled dah raaace caaaard agaaaaiiin..."

You guys that are complaining about the "race card" being pulled actually have some room to bitch in this case. It is completely unnecessary to bring up race to demonstrate how unfair this law is.


So, drivers license and birth certificates are also discriminatory, right?

Oh, and how about race cards? How much did yours cost?
edit on 10-6-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by Cuervo
 





Bottom line is that, unless they start issuing photo ID for free at voting booths, it is a discriminatory law. It discriminates a large demographic of people low on the socio-economic scale. The fact they decide to make it a "race" issue instead of a "poor" issue just shows you they are still a little behind in the times.

I don't think they understad that it just makes racially sensitive white folks get goose-bumps and start running into walls, moaning "deeey puuulled dah raaace caaaard agaaaaiiin..."

You guys that are complaining about the "race card" being pulled actually have some room to bitch in this case. It is completely unnecessary to bring up race to demonstrate how unfair this law is.


So, drivers license and birth certificates are also discriminatory, right?

Oh, and how about race cards? How much did yours cost?
edit on 10-6-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)


Driving is a privilege. You must be able to afford the car and the licence. It is nowhere in the Constitution. You get a birth certificate when you are born and I don't remember reaching into my diapers for a 20 to pay the nurse.

What is in the Constitution is everybody's right to vote, regardless if you can afford a document or not. To say otherwise is completely unAmerican, regardless of your intentions.

And you obviously had trouble reading my post if you think I was pulling the "race card". You are a little itchy with your "race card card" trigger finger, eh? Go back and read my post again. I was actually saying the opposite, dude.



posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas
 


Just an example of more demagoguery from the Democrats. They can't break the argument. They can't articulate a rational and reasonable counterpoint, so they bring up Jim Crow in order to stir up their ignorant voting base.



posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas
 


Well,the "dead" vote ALL the time.
What type of ID'S are presented with their vote ????





new topics
top topics
 
46
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join