It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently, 75% of Americans want to be Dragged Back to the Jim Crow Era

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by mishigas

Just an example of more demagoguery from the Democrats. They can't break the argument. They can't articulate a rational and reasonable counterpoint, so they bring up Jim Crow in order to stir up their ignorant voting base.

You are right. It hurts their argument. The proposed law is discriminatory against poor people because they are poor; not poor people because they are black.

Don't worry, once the left figures out that what you guys call the "race card" is no longer relevant, I'm sure you guys on the right will just start accusing them of pulling the "poor card".

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

So if the Voter ID card was issued for free, you would support it, yes?

The race card comment was based on other threads.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by Cuervo

I would absolutely support it if it were both free and able to obtain at the major voting centers.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Wow this really has the left freaking out. More than I thought it would.

Seriously, it really isn't all that hard to get a ID card.

But okay, whatever.. people will whine about this anyways.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antiquated1

I cannot think of a reason why someone would oppose Voter ID, except if they planned on using voter fraud to rig an election.

Because they do not have an ID but still want to exercise their rights as an American citizen?

Simple.

Get an ID if they want to exercise their voting rights so badly ...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justaposter

No, it's not hard. For you. Or for me.

If you were homeless or next to homeless? If you had to choose, on a weekly basis, for either your right to vote or a loaf of bread or perhaps some diapers? This bill adds a stumbling block. No it's not racist. It's only unconstitutional and unAmerican.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

We already has to show our Driving License.
Together with the Voter Card. Here in Florida.
So it is nothing new...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

The Voter Card, is free.
At least here in Florida.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

I cannot think of a reason why someone would oppose Voter ID, except if they planned on using voter fraud to rig an election.

Because they do not have an ID but still want to exercise their rights as an American citizen?

Simple.

It's what follows that is scary. If they allow this then what will that open doors to? Expand this on a macro scale and you will start having income requirements or more and more expensive documents to obtain. Oh, I know! Let's make the card have basic membership and gold membership! The gold membership will cost 100 bucks and count as three votes! Woohoo! Capitalism trumps democracy again!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

If you were homeless or next to homeless? If you had to choose, on a weekly basis, for either your right to vote or a loaf of bread or perhaps some diapers? This bill adds a stumbling block. No it's not racist. It's only unconstitutional and unAmerican.

So voter fraud isn't?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Simple.

It's what follows that is scary. If they allow this then what will that open doors to? Expand this on a macro scale and you will start having income requirements or more and more expensive documents to obtain. Oh, I know! Let's make the card have basic membership and gold membership! The gold membership will cost 100 bucks and count as three votes! Woohoo! Capitalism trumps democracy again!

Post some links to show that your latest assertions (rants) are even .00001% valid and just not some progressive fear mongering tactic..

If you can, that is ...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It just goes to show that the DNC will say ANYTHING to get votes and scare potential voters. Showing an ID at the polling place will do what, class? Anyone? It will prevent illegal aliens from voting (except in New Mexico where illegals can get a drivers license) and that would be BAD for democrats.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
It just goes to show that the DNC will say ANYTHING to get votes and scare potential voters. Showing an ID at the polling place will do what, class? Anyone? It will prevent illegal aliens from voting (except in New Mexico where illegals can get a drivers license) and that would be BAD for democrats.

Exactly.. also, it would make all those dead voters have a harder time voting

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Simple.

Post some links to show that your latest assertions (rants) are even .00001% valid and just not some progressive fear mongering tactic..

If you can, that is ...

It's the natural way of things in our country. We allow a breach in our constitution in order to "solve" some issue (just look at the Patriot Act) and that allows them to keep widening that breach until one day we are scratching our heads, wondering how we got here. We give an inch and they will take a mile. Don't buy, even for a second, that this is about voter fraud.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

So voter fraud isn't?

If this is seriously about voter fraud then the law would include free IDs for everybody at the voting booths. They don't because fraud prevention is not their goal. Their goal is to hamper a particular demographic from voting and saying it's about fraud.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Well I have to agree with this however One of my nain concern is what if they use this as an excuse to extend it to the point that the conditions became just like Nazi Germany
edit on 10-6-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

It's only unconstitutional and unAmerican.

Bullcrap. What is unconstitutional about it?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

It's only unconstitutional and unAmerican.

Bullcrap. What is unconstitutional about it?

By saying that you now need to spend money in order to vote. Pretty simple really. If they want to impose requirements, they need to pay for it; not us.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

By saying that you now need to spend money in order to vote. Pretty simple really. If they want to impose requirements, they need to pay for it; not us.

So, who said you have to spend money in order to vote?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

So, who said you have to spend money in order to vote?

The ID they require costs money to obtain. This rules out many poor and elderly people. It is a good as saying it is no longer free to vote.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join