It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently, 75% of Americans want to be Dragged Back to the Jim Crow Era

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
The easy solution to this problem? Make the photo IDs free to obtain from the social security administration.

I already agreed that free photo IDs would solve the problem. Thanks for taking the time to argue your "Obamacare" talking points just to agree with something I already said pages ago.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Antiquated1

If someone can't bring themselves to make an effort to go to their local Sheriffs office to have a non driver ID issued they have absolutely no reason to vote. What is wrong with people what makes them believe there is any reason for the perpetual easy button. If people feel this way get out, there is no need for you.

edit on 11-6-2011 by cjdny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sdocpublishing

So you are still trying that one, give it up.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

It's only discriminatory when a side sees their system of getting elected is about to come to an end. If they didn't need the fraud they would not care.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SentientBeing13

I agree with you. What I haven't seen one person say is that if they are so poor most likely they are on the system. Guess what, you are issued a photo ID for your benefits and for free.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by louieprima

Yep it's called Medicaid.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antiquated1
I already agreed that free photo IDs would solve the problem.

Problem? Two pages ago you were complaining about the lack of proof of voter fraud. I'm not sure you even agree with yourself.

edit on 11-6-2011 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by billyjack
It is terrible that we would attempt to go back to Jim Crow laws.

Instead of a photo id , I suggest we have an alegebra problem that you have to solve before you get a ballot or let everyone have one vote, but for people that pay income taxes get another vote for every $1000 in taxes paid.

Interesting point you have there...
But I humbly disagree-what type of algebra problem and how advanced? I suck at math but I can draw you a pretty dang snazzy picture from real life, using all the observational skills that that entails...does that not count for anything?

I also don't think that you should get another vote to use based on taxes. I see the ability for that idea to be abused...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

And just to be just, citizens accepting federal or state assistance should not be eligible to participate in the election process. Only employed, tax-paying citizens over the age of 25 should be able to vote.

Wow. Just? Really, now, employment as a voting requirement? Just to be clear, how about retired persons, or the independently wealthy? And if the answer is, well of course THEY can vote...then you're actually saying having money (not merely employment, which is crazy and unconstitutional enough) should be a voting requirement...way to put it on out there...

Republican much?
edit on 11-6-2011 by joechip because: spelling

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by joechip

Actually,the Politburo is in full swing......................

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mickdundee23
Its all the Democrats ploy to steal elections. They have illegals come vote, and people voting multiple times under different names. Hey even vote for dead constituents.

That certainly is the oft-repeated talking point mirrored by many on the Right at the moment.

Can you provide some evidence that this occurs? How do people vote 'multiple times'?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
It's astounding how clueless the avg Obama voter was in 08.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 11-6-2011 by coastalite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

She is among the more than 4,000 people whose names are listed both on Harris County's voter rolls and also in a federal database of death records, a Texas Watchdog analysis has found.

And dozens of those people, like Linda Hill, have apparently cast ballots from beyond the grave, records since 2004 show. One expert says the number of deceased names used to cast ballots may be higher than what Texas Watchdog's analysis found.

Instances of dead voters' names being used to cast ballots were most frequent in three elections, the November 2004 general election, the November 2006 general election and the March 2008 Democratic primary, the analysis found.

Less than a month away from an election to decide the highest office in the land, some advocates worry that such errors in the voter records open the door for fraud, compromise the integrity of results and lessen voter confidence in the system.

Ballots cast in Houston using dead voters' names

Dead votes get cast............Just saying.........

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Not sure why everyone's so bent outta shape, anyway. When it comes to the Presidency, Senators, most Congressmen, and even state level elections, your vote doesn't mean much. You get to choose between two people who are largely owned by the same interests. Then the 2 sides quibble, argue, scream, and yell about the 1-2% difference in policy executed or supported by the candidates. This whole thread is a fun little sideshow but ultimately the arguments on both sides are an exercise in futility.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Everyone should be able to have SOME form of ID. Driver's License, work ID, college campus ID.... It's not really that hard to get one and what's wrong with havin' one?.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Why is it racist to want to have people prove who they are to cast a vote?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by coastalite

Holy crap..... That Howard Stern bit was scary as hell.....

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

A

re you able to walk into a voting precint without any id? They have no record of your address and citizenship in a book that you have to sign as you walk into the precinct? How do you prove who you are? How do you prove where you live, and hence what district you live in??

I sign my name in the book. If I find someone else signed my name on my registration, I scream out that someone is attempting to commit fraud in my name. It is that simple. Once I leave, no one can come in and claim to be me because I already signed my name next to my name in the book. It is very simple and works like a charm otherwise I would not still be asking for one instance where it failed.

My name is John Smith. How many of me are there in NYC?

My neighbor died/moved/is on vaca / is out of town. His name is on the roll. What's to stop me from using it?

I'm an illegal. I register the same day of voting. Then I go from precinct to precinct and do the same.

I know that you voted earlier in the day. I go to your name in the roll. I scream out that someone is attempting to commit fraud in my name.

Too many ways to scam the system.

edit on 11-6-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Where is your proof of voter fraud?

Why are people claiming fraud they cannot show ever happened? Are people on ATS really just repeating things politicians and the media tell them without looking for themselves? Tsk tsk ATS. For shame!

2010 elections.

Let us remind you of the many instances of voter fraud that have happened right here in New Hampshire.

1) In 2002 a CNHT member found that her name, as well as her deceased husband’s name, were already checked off as having voted when she went to vote.

2) In 2008, Christopher Luke Fithian wanted to make sure Obama was elected and voted twice up in the north country. This is one of the few cases of prosecuted fraud.

3) In 2000, 1700 students were caught voting improperly. Their only punishment was to write a letter of apology to the state and have their names taken off the list.

4) A candidate for Mayor of Laconia mailed out about 8,000 letters to the (approximately) 8,000 registered voters in Laconia. Some 800 of them were returned as having moved from Laconia. (The list of voters is only purged once ever 10 years). It was found that some 60 of those names who had moved from Laconia were marked off on the Check Lists as having voted. (All the records of that election have since been discarded.)

More recently, this same person voted in the Primary Election for a third party candidate, but his vote was not recorded. So as directed he sent a letter to the Attorney General. Assistant Attorney Bud Fitch responded. It seems that his vote had been given to George W. Bush, along with another voter’s. It was asked that the machine votes be hand counted, but the request was refused, “because two votes would not have changed the election”..

At another point in time this individual asked the City Clerk Ann Kalongis (Dearborn) about the computer programs that ran the voting machines. Ann told him that she had no way in which to check those programs, and that the programs were written in Methuen, Massachusetts. (Ann retired a couple of years ago and they now have a new City Clerk).

These are but a few of the many examples of fraud and probable fraud that CNHT documents each year.

Ex. of NH Fraud

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Baby Seal Club
Wow, that's interesting.
Over 1/2 the comments posted on this thread advocate requiring people to pay to exercise their right to vote. What's next guys, paying for my right to free speech? You give the government an inch and they will take a mile.

Couldn't have said it better.
Even though it possibly could help curb some voter fraud...It is unconstitutional and it's going against the very concept of voter's rights.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join