It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently, 75% of Americans want to be Dragged Back to the Jim Crow Era

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by AliceBlackman
reply to post by macman

I had a friend that lost their wallet and ID, had moved out of state , got sick, lost job, became homeless, didn't qualify for any benefits (went with them and was shocked .. nope they were not eligible) . Trying to get ID for them was a total nightmare. It took about 1 year.

So one persons folly is my demise?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye
I note from reading ATS that an awful lot of US citizens absolutely hate the other races they share your wide open underpopulated country with, what happened to the melting pot rainbow nation, seems to be way too much hate.

I don't like the way your country is going, it's almost as if some of you want a totalitarian police state because you think it will only affect other races negatively.

Quite a sad state of affairs to the outside observer.

From the sound of it, you aren't from here.

The exit doors to this thread on located either at the top of your internet explorer as the "Home" button or the little red exit.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by Thepreye
I note from reading ATS that an awful lot of US citizens absolutely hate the other races they share your wide open underpopulated country with, what happened to the melting pot rainbow nation, seems to be way too much hate.

I don't like the way your country is going, it's almost as if some of you want a totalitarian police state because you think it will only affect other races negatively.

Quite a sad state of affairs to the outside observer.

From the sound of it, you aren't from here.

The exit doors to this thread on located either at the top of your internet explorer as the "Home" button or the little red exit.

ROFL

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
There is a different between a screw up who cannot get along in any capacity and someone who questions society and knowledge.

The problem is, is that most of the screw up's of society tend to lump themselves in to those of us who do find mystery and the unexplainable interesting.

If you can't vote ( with the exception of certain obscure once in a lifetime situation am sure someone will bring up), it likely means you are a someone who hovers on the periphery of society and enjoiy complaining about how the world is out to get you.

Get a birth certificate and social security card and then you EARN your right to vote. In this case there is no conspiracy. Stop always falling back to the "world is out to get me" and function within this countries rules for a change!!

-Archaeologist, patriot. Patriot first.

And the fact that so many of these people living on the periphery on society, illegal immigrants, on and on, are the most outspoken, which makes other countries believe them, because they too are often in the same boat.
Enough already. Just leave,. PLEASE.
edit on 11-6-2011 by TheArchaeologist because: sp

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
all your faces are ours!

get a pic id if you want to vote!

what is your problem!!!!!!

edit on 11-6-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaxNormal
Not our problem they cannot take care of there own paperwork and get I.D.s. I have my I.D., my ex wife has hers(after changing it to my name then changing it to another). My son has a Picture I.D. and he is not even a teenager. If you do not have an I.D., then to bad go get one lazy. It is idiotic to say you can vote in the U.S.A without I.D.. Gonna have hundrds of thoudsands of tourists messing our elections up for fun.

I am going to go out on a limb here and guess you have never voted in the US in your life. I have made it more than clear that my issue is cost, not effort. But you go ahead and explain how not showing ID to vote, allows tourists to register and vote.

This question has been asked several times. You will not answer it either because you cannot. Stop being afraid of imaginary monsters under your bed.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheArchaeologist
If you can't vote ( with the exception of certain obscure once in a lifetime situation am sure someone will bring up), it likely means you are a someone who hovers on the periphery of society and enjoiy complaining about how the world is out to get you.

Get a birth certificate and social security card and then you EARN your right to vote. In this case there is no conspiracy. Stop always falling back to the "world is out to get me" and function within this countries rules for a change!!

Amen, buddy. If the rest of us can be bothered to go spend a few bucks getting a photo ID, so can they. You put yourself at so many disadvantages without one that I can't see any valid reason why a person couldn't scrape together a little money to vastly upgrade their opportunities in life. Its one carton of cigarettes, a 12 pack of beer, or heaven forbid, one less trip to McFattyburger. Boohoo. Suck it up, sunshine. Life ain't easy for the rest of us, either.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Antiquated1

Screw you, I made a mistake..... Like you never made one before? I posted exactly what I said again when it was pointed out to me.

Really, ATS? This is the level of discourse here that is acceptable? OK then.

Screw you,

Whether that is an offer or a threat, the interest level on this side is hardly there for your request to be met. Try one of your hands.

I made a mistake.....

And tried to lie about it and pretend you never made it immediately after.

Like you never made one before?

The difference is in the lie and the coverup, not an honest mistake.

I posted exactly what I said again when it was pointed out to me.

Which was still a lie. You claimed you had to show ID to vote in NY state and unfortunately I already posted the rules for NY state that show no such unconstitutional requirement exists in NY state.

If getting caught making things up makes you thing angry then try discussing honestly.
edit on 11-6-2011 by Antiquated1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Antiquated1

Originally posted by MaxNormal
Not our problem they cannot take care of there own paperwork and get I.D.s. I have my I.D., my ex wife has hers(after changing it to my name then changing it to another). My son has a Picture I.D. and he is not even a teenager. If you do not have an I.D., then to bad go get one lazy. It is idiotic to say you can vote in the U.S.A without I.D.. Gonna have hundrds of thoudsands of tourists messing our elections up for fun.

I am going to go out on a limb here and guess you have never voted in the US in your life. I have made it more than clear that my issue is cost, not effort. But you go ahead and explain how not showing ID to vote, allows tourists to register and vote.

This question has been asked several times. You will not answer it either because you cannot. Stop being afraid of imaginary monsters under your bed.

just show the id,

you got a problem wit dat?

don't vote.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

According to the head of the DNC, an overwhelming majority of Americans want to "be dragged Back to the Jim Crow Era".

:shk:
More like .... an overwhelming majority of Americans want to protect America and be sure that only Americans vote in elections! Geeeeze .... the head of the DNC needs to quit with the far left rhetoric and do the people's business - which is protecting America by insuring that only Americans vote.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
just show the id,

you got a problem wit dat?

don't vote.

Because you want me to? I am not required to show a photo ID to vote in NY state and that is the reality so you deal "wit dat."

I cannot believe I am discussing voting rights with people that cannot write complete adult sentences.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Show the cases of voter fraud this is meant to stop or stop using your "rhetoric."
Reality cannot be more simple than that. Either the problem this is a solution for actually exists or you are all running scared from shadows and open closet doors.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
What a load of bullsh*t! You have to have ID to buy beer, which everyone knows is the poor man's vice. You have to have a birth certificate to go to school, and most schools issue photo ID's. A Photo ID from the state is FREE. Just another way for the DEM's to play the race card so they can abuse our electoral system to foster their agenda.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
More like .... an overwhelming majority of Americans want to protect America and be sure that only Americans vote in elections! Geeeeze .... the head of the DNC needs to quit with the far left rhetoric and do the people's business - which is protecting America by insuring that only Americans vote.

The only thing the DNC cares about is getting votes for the Democratic party. They couldn't care less where those votes come from.

In order to vote in US elections, you are required by law to be a US citizen. I think its a reasonable consequence of that law to require photo ID in order to vote.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
What a load of bullsh*t! You have to have ID to buy beer, which everyone knows is the poor man's vice. You have to have a birth certificate to go to school, and most schools issue photo ID's. A Photo ID from the state is FREE. Just another way for the DEM's to play the race card so they can abuse our electoral system to foster their agenda.

and i would add that anybody without a hadicap disability would have to have shown a photo id somewhere to sombody .......

unless of course they are complete hermits or sleeping beauties and rip van winkles ????

or maybe they don't have to eat either, or have bank accts, or have to pay bills or cash checks.

how about getting a job ? .... photo id required to verify SS work status !

this "photo" id thing has been around for a long time now .... right. ?

even "legal" aliens (citizens or green carders) have a photo id !!!!!!!!

how about medicare .... photo id required to verify eligability !!!! RIGHT ?

most areas require photo id for cigarettes too.

constitutional or not, anybody that says they never needed a photo id is nuts and is expecting only fools to believe it !!!

Antiquated1 ... don't bother commenting .....

i already have your opinions on record.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Best not to feed the trolls, their rhetoric is antiquated and the REVEL in arguing. I have seen these antiquated trolls do this over and over again, they seem to thrive on it. I think it gets the trolls excited and gives their life meaning, no matter if they are right or wrong, it's the thrill of the fight. They argue both sides of the argument, just to get thrills from both sides. Don't feed em, and they'll likely move along, thought I doubt it. It seems they have a sickness.
edit on 11-6-2011 by TheArchaeologist because: sp

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheArchaeologist
Best not to feed the trolls, their rhetoric is antiquated and the REVEL in arguing. I have seen these antiquated trolls do this over and over again, they seem to thrive on it. I think it gets the trolls exciting and gives their live meaning. Don't feed em, and they'll likely move along.

agreed,

i wonder if some are students of this:

blueinredzion.com...

www.dummies.com...

and i think a voter photo id system may have some uses, but the phony id gangs will still prevail !

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Antiquated1

Please elaborate?

Are you able to walk into a voting precint without any id? They have no record of your address and citizenship in a book that you have to sign as you walk into the precinct? How do you prove who you are? How do you prove where you live, and hence what district you live in??

If people could just meander into the voting district without ID, they wouldn't be able to start reporting precints results.

What you are saying doesn't add up. At all. Period.
edit on 11-6-2011 by TheArchaeologist because: called id, idea

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TheArchaeologist

When I lived in NC (moved 3 months ago) they would not accept ANY ID! You just told them your name, and you could see the book and just point to a name and say "yep, that's me". and you vote.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by TheArchaeologist

When I lived in NC (moved 3 months ago) they would not accept ANY ID! You just told them your name, and you could see the book and just point to a name and say "yep, that's me". and you vote.

The judges who oversee each person as they come in to sign to their address, etc, have protocols for new residents such as yourself. You were able to give a name, and they were able to find that name and address on their sheet.

The sheets don't just lay out in the open where you could pick a name and address etc off the sheet while they're turned around. I believe you.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join