It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently, 75% of Americans want to be Dragged Back to the Jim Crow Era

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Sorry, pal. Not talking about getting a job.

Show me the voter fraud or this entire argument is just them getting us to fight each other over nothing so they can get away with more.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antiquated1

I sign my name in the book. If I find someone else signed my name on my registration, I scream out that someone is attempting to commit fraud in my name. It is that simple. Once I leave, no one can come in and claim to be me because I already signed my name next to my name in the book. It is very simple and works like a charm otherwise I would not still be asking for one instance where it failed.

"I sign my name in the book. If I find someone else signed my name on my registration, I scream out that someone is attempting to commit fraud in my name."

well ?

what do ya do when they ask you to prove you are YOU....

show a picture id ?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
That doesn't make it a requirement to be a citizen...

True, but in order to vote, it is a requirement that a person be a US citizen. In the 21st century, I don't think its unreasonable to expect a person to be able to produce a photo ID in order to prove that requirement before they can exercise their right to vote.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I say just cut to the chase and only let wealthy, land-owning white men vote. They are the only ones who matter right?
edit on 11-6-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
well ?

show a picture id ?

That has not happened yet.

Have you ever voted?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
I say just cut to the chase and only let wealthy, land-owning white men vote. They are the only ones who matter right?
edit on 11-6-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

Absolutely. Afterall, that photo ID is so costly as to be out of reach of the mere common man

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdocpublishing
reply to post by Scoriada

You are going to attach voting fraud to democrats?

Of course there has never been voter fraud by the republicans. George Bush and Florida is the first thing that comes to mind.

Bad example. Florida was an example of Dem voter fraud failing. Bush won it handily but it was close enough where AlGore and the Dims figured they could try and steal it.

Some examples:

Gore had teams of lawyers state wide with instructions to try and discredit military absentee votes, which usually are strongly Republican.

VNS called Florida for Gore before all the state voted. In the pan handle, a traditional Republican stronghold, an estimated 10,000 likely voters did not go to the polls believing it was already too late.

The "butterfly ballot" that Palm Beach voters supposedly couldn't figure out was designed and approved by Democrats.

Election officials in Miami/Dade county were not counting votes, and "hanging" chads, so much as manufacturing Democrat votes.

Even the MSM has had to face the fact that Bush won Florida fair and square. In fact Bush won every one of Gore's mandated recounts.

www.fraudfactor.com...

Disclosure:

I was a FL resident at the time and contributed to Bush's camaign and did campaign work. As a consequence of that association I knew personally Republican operatives who were present, when they weren't locked out, when Democrat campaign officials were recounting the ballots with the supposed "hanging chad". They all agree the main criteria being used by those partisan hacks was whether or not the vote would have been for Gore.
edit on 11-6-2011 by wasco2 because: typo

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Before I go back to reading threads on how unconstitutional Obama's Health Care reform is, I just kind of want to get a general handcount.

Everyone that supports the idea of the government forcing you to purchase a photo ID to exercise your rights, raise your hand.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Its all the Democrats ploy to steal elections. They have illegals come vote, and people voting multiple times under different names. Hey even vote for dead constituents. It is really a lame argument that people can't get an id because they are poor. Obviously theu are stealing elections.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

well ?

show a picture id ?

That has not happened yet.

Have you ever voted?

that was not the question !

give me a hypothetical answer.

i need to know when i vote for the first time !

you are evading the obvious again.

does anyone else know ?

and i thought you need an id when registering to vote ?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Before I go back to reading threads on how unconstitutional Obama's Health Care reform is, I just kind of want to get a general handcount.

Everyone that supports the idea of the government forcing you to purchase a photo ID to exercise your rights, raise your hand.

how is the healthcare law unconstitutional ?

i thought all the lawmakers read it first ?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

That doesn't make it a requirement to be a citizen...

True, but in order to vote, it is a requirement that a person be a US citizen. In the 21st century, I don't think its unreasonable to expect a person to be able to produce a photo ID in order to prove that requirement before they can exercise their right to vote.

Until it's law that to be a citizen you must have an ID, then it is unreasonable to expect a person to be able to produce a photo ID in order to prove that requirement....

Simple as that...

As for me, I never had one until I was 27... never needed it for anything... grew up in a small town, everyone knew me... so I didn't need it for banking, or anything... including voting...

edit on 11-6-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Its just over the top rhetoric to get her base fired up and placate to minorities. this woman has never done anything to deserve to be reelected so she has to make crazy blanket statements and try to make everyone else look bad.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Are the two situations exactly the same? Not really. Obama Care requires individuals to purchase insurance plans from private corporations essentially as a condition of citizenship. If you don't do it, you get fined. The government cannot force two private entities to enter into a business contract, with one party being threatened with sanctions if it does not.

In the case of a government-issued ID, the precedent has already been set. Your constitutional rights only exist if they do not conflict with the rights of others. An example are the slander and libel laws we have on the books, which limit your 1st amendment rights to protect the rights of others. In this case, it can easily be argued that a requirement of a photo ID actually protects the rights of the voter because it works to eliminate fraud and promotes the integrity of the electoral process. Everyone still has the right to vote, but it is a reasonable limitation of that right to require proof of citizenship before a person may exercise that right. Hell, we do that already by checking the voter rolls. This is merely one more step to ensure the security of the process.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

As for me, I never had one until I was 27... never needed it for anything... grew up in a small town, everyone knew me... so I didn't need it for banking, or anything... including voting...

That may have been true in the past, but not anymore. Its a federal law that you provide two forms of ID in order to open a bank account now, and one must be a photo ID.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

that was not the question !

I cannot answer for something that has never happened.

give me a hypothetical answer.

No. I am not going to just make things up for you. I actually already explained what would happen if I arrived and my registration had already been signed by someone pretending to be. That kind of carries over if I pretend to be someone else, I better hope they do not vote that day. How lucky would I be? But then, I do not get to vote for me so what have I gained by taking some other person's vote?

i need to know when i vote for the first time !

you are evading the obvious again.

does anyone else know ?

and i thought you need an id when registering to vote ?

Why do you many of you keep trying to conflate registering with voting? They are two different things.

There is a good reason none of you can find one case to make me afraid this is a real problem.
edit on 11-6-2011 by Antiquated1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Sorry but your sidestep is hardly convincing. Both are the government forcing you to purchase something. Every other detail is just semantics. Either it is constitutional or not. This thread looks a lot like the Palin threads full of birthers asking "why do you need to go on this witch hunt?!?!?!"
It is ok when we do it, just not when you do it. I see.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

how is the healthcare law unconstitutional ?

i thought all the lawmakers read it first ?

I never said it was. I am not the people that fought it with that claim, nor do I represent one of the 26 states challenging it. That was not what I was saying. It is mostly the same people that are so worried about being forced to by health insurance solely on the idea that the government cannot force you to purchase anything are the same ones cheering on the idea of forcing us all to buy a photo ID.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

I'm all for showing IDENTIFICATION at the polls. NOT a "Voter ID". A simple driver's license or SS card would work.
And I think the identification should be verified beyond name and face recognition. Meaning the old days of "I glanced at your license and you look like the guy" test doesn't cut it. I mean you have to MAKE SURE each person voting is a verified citizen of the country they're voting for.

As a matter of fact I think there should be a record kept (and sealed - only to be reviewed by higher courts per a court order) of every vote cast. I think it's the only way to protect the public's right to a fair election. Voting machines can be rigged. And anyone can make a fake ID.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Antiquated1

Again, the government has long since proven that it can pass reasonable limitations on your constitutional rights for the 'common good, which, in this case, is the protection and integrity of the electoral process. We can argue what constitutes 'reasonable' all day, but if our government officlals get it in their minds to pass a law making a photo ID a requirement, there's no apparent reason why they couldn't do it. The precedent certainly exists.

As for ObamaCare, again, the problem is the absolute mandate of a contract between two private parties with a threat of government enforcement. Its even more unconstitutional than had they attempted to nationalize the entire healthcare system, since, at the very least, the government has already proven that they can force participation in government-run programs such as social security and medicare.

The easy solution to this problem? Make the photo IDs free to obtain from the social security administration.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join