It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever You Do, Don’t Call 911!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

And your not using common sense. Even if there is a 1 in 100 chance that the police might help when you are being threatened, isnt that 1 percent chance reason enough to try?

I would say no. Any encounter with police, regardless of the circumstances, has a high chance of resulting in imprisonment, brutality, or death. It's not a gamble worth taking.

It's not worth being saved just to spend life in jail.

If I was in serious need of help I would call someone I knew.

You fear rules you. You're so afraid of law enforcement that it may one day bite you. Bad. Yes there are bad cops, but they are not ALL bad.

Isn't everyone's life guided by fear to some extent? It's part of survival. Fear is the reason I don't vacation in Iraq or walk through Harlem at night. There are probably good people in both these locations, but putting myself in either situation would be asking for trouble.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dietsamcola

And your not using common sense. Even if there is a 1 in 100 chance that the police might help when you are being threatened, isnt that 1 percent chance reason enough to try?

I would say no. Any encounter with police, regardless of the circumstances, has a high chance of resulting in imprisonment, brutality, or death. It's not a gamble worth taking.

It's not worth being saved just to spend life in jail.

If I was in serious need of help I would call someone I knew.

You fear rules you. You're so afraid of law enforcement that it may one day bite you. Bad. Yes there are bad cops, but they are not ALL bad.

Isn't everyone's life guided by fear to some extent? It's part of survival. Fear is the reason I don't vacation in Iraq or walk through Harlem at night. There are probably good people in both these locations, but putting myself in either situation would be asking for trouble.

So by your logic, there is probably a greater than 50% chance that calling the police will result in my death, imprisonment or any number of other horrible things.

Man i must be one lucky guy! Ive dealt with the police on probably 4-5 different occations and never once was i beaten, sued, killed or imprisoned. Go me!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Cop haters,like abuse victims,have some early encounter to blame their situation on.....

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

I agree with that whole-heartedly.

Many of these people bemoaning the state of law enforcement these days were probably busted with a bag of pot or got a drunk driving conviction sometime in their past.

Its so common these days for people to point the finger at others, rather than take responsibility for their own actions. Cop haters indeed.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Maybe that's true in some cases, but not mine. I've never been arrested or in any legal trouble. I aim to keep it that way.

As to your experiences, yes I would say it is either luck or some other advantageous factor.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I never call the police, I own guns. A lot of guns.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

You fear rules you. Your so afraid of law enforcement that it may one day bite you.

On the contrary my friend it is you who is ruled by fear that not having police around to extort money, kidnap and jail people, and even kill people, most of who have harmed no one that society will somehow degrade into chaos. For god sake they are are arresting people for plants and raw milk and extorting money for not stopping at a stop sign after midnight on a deserted road etc etc...

Even the good guys that try to do the right thing are brainwashed into thinking all the stuff they do (mentioned above) is for the good of society. I live in a State where the police for the most part are polite and professional but that does not excuse all the things they do.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Headcrusher23

That solves all the issues?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join