It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever You Do, Don’t Call 911!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
If you think the police are there to help you think again! Listen to this to learn why it is absolutely imperative you do not call 911 or the police! It is time to take responsibility and quit enabling the enforcement of tyranny. Excellent audio interview by Lew Rockwell of Will Grigg an expert on police abuse and the exponential growth of the police state and how we enable it etc. Well worth the listen!

Audio:
www.lewrockwell.com...

Paramilitary police are a relatively recent state invention. They’ve metastasized into a domestic occupation force, enhancing government, institutionalizing injustice, plundering with permission, Tasing with perversion, cloaked in full immunity, and not protecting people. Whatever you do, don’t call 911. As a mundane, your home is no longer your castle.

Here is some more links to Wills blog and his archive on lewrockwell.com:
www.lewrockwell.com...
www.freedominourtime.blogspot.com...

I had an altercation recently and was tempted to call the police I am sure glad I did not. That old programming many of us grew up with still tries to run whenever ship happens. Many of you know this already but this interview will cement it for you.

edit on 10-6-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

So then who are you gonna call...... Ghostbusters!!!

Sorry i had to add that in

But seriously if you have an intruder or are in danger what would you do if not call for help?? Also have you considered that you are allowing other peoples paranoia affect your thinking and common sense.
edit on 10-6-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Here is Will Griggs Latest blog on The former Marine who was gunned down in a raid by swat. This guy was murdered plain and simple.

If Tucson resident Jose Guerena was plausibly suspected of narcotics trafficking, why wasn't he arrested on his way to or from his job at the nearby Asarco Mission copper mine? What justified a military assault on his home, when investigators knew that they could have executed a conventional search warrant?

Jose was never charged with a crime. In a previous encounter with police he consented to a search of his vehicle. In an separate traffic stop, Jose was a passenger in a car in which police found a handgun and a trivial amount of marijuana; he was arrested and subsequently released without being charged with a crime. He was an honorably discharged Marine combat veteran and -- of infinitely greater importance -- a gainfully employed, married father of two children.

There's no reason to believe that anything other than a conventional search warrant -- served by officers who aren't kitted out in paramilitary drag, who knock on the door, identify themselves, and display the document in question before gaining entry -- was either necessary or appropriate. This could have been done with minimal risk to everyone involved...

...What this means, apparently, is that a SWAT team was sent to carry out a combat-style raid against a home the team believed was occupied only by a young mother and her four-year-old child.

Read the rest here: www.freedominourtime.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by hawkiye

So then who are you gonna call...... Ghostbusters!!!

Sorry i had to add that in

But seriously if you have an intruder or are in danger what would you do if not call for help?? Also have you considered that you are allowing other peoples paranoia affect your thinking and common sense.

It might be helpful if you listen to the audio or at least read some of Will Griggs articles before commenting. I am quite capable of handling intruders myself. There is nothing so horrendous that the police can't make it worse!
edit on 10-6-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I would say the majority of police officers have good intentions and are there to serve the public. There are bad apples in every trade, and the police department is no different. I can't say I've ever really had an issue with a police officer. A police person's disposition could also have something to do with where you live.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I have to ask... Is every police officer inducted into their job, doing so only to take away peoples civil liberties?

I would think that most people that aspire to a career in the police force would be doing so to make the world a better place.

I have to wonder if people like William Grigg would be the first to whine if the police suddenly went on a nation-wide strike and chaos/anarchy swept through the US.

The police are doing a job which could cost them their lives every time they pull over a car.

Given the piss-poor gun control in the US, I'm surprised that they don't use heavier/harsher tactics when doing their jobs.

I am glad my tax dollars pay for law enforcement.... IMOH I think that its better spent there, than it is in a politicians pocket.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I would say the majority of police officers have good intentions and are there to serve the public. There are bad apples in every trade, and the police department is no different. I can't say I've ever really had an issue with a police officer. A police person's disposition could also have something to do with where you live.

Many people can say the same. You have probably had nothing more then a ticket. Most people do not realize what is going on till it knocks on thier door like it did to Jose Guerra that fateful morning. Listen to the audio when you get a chance.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Yeah you can tell that some of you are commenting without listening to William Grigg. You really need to listen to the man before espousing the virtues of these paid thugs known as cops.

I was a cop and I whole-heartedly agree with his assesment. Research the thread topic before barfing up your pro-police programmed responses.

S&F. Nice find Hawkiye and thanks.
edit on 10-6-2011 by Redwookieaz because: oops

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
Yeah you can tell that some of you are commenting without listening to William Grigg. You really need to listen to the man before espousing the virtues of these paid thugs known as cops.

I did listen to it, initially I wasn't going to comment on this thread but after I had been subjected to his negative diatribe I decided to throw my two-cents worth in.

I was a cop and I whole-heartedly agree with his assesment. Research the thread topic before barfing up your pro-police programmed responses.

When you became a "Cop", what motivated you to join the force?
edit on 10/6/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/6/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

It was partly that I had several close friends and family members whom were already cops. It was also out of a desire to be of service to the community I lived in.

ETA: What William Grigg is saying is not a negative diatribe, it is the truth. What he is saying is happening, is happening. He is being too kind honestly. Police forces were basically federalized in about 1993-94, through federal grants and multi-jurisdictional task forces. The type of personalities they were looking for in a cop also changed greatly from community server to military enforcer. I was there for this.
edit on 10-6-2011 by Redwookieaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

I just wanna get this clear - you would rather a society without police?

This question is for you and the OP.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

No. However their role, their temperment, the preferred characteristics for employment, their virtual immunity, and the spider web like net of statutory laws they have at their disposal, to make anyone a criminal and/or threaten with imprisonment, is so vastly un-American that the system needs to probably be scrapped and started anew to route out all the corruption.

ETA: That said, I do not need a cop to take care of my issues. I am fully capable of settling issues without the intervention of the state. I can defend myself as necessary, and I can settle disputes with fellow citizens. People have learned to be dependent on the state and they can unlearn the same thing.

ETA II: The only laws that need exist in a community should cover the loss of life or property. If one has not caused loss of life or property or damage to either, then there is no need for intervention. This is natural law/common law. It covers everything of relevence.

When an elected sheriff upholds the law as prescribed by that sheriff's community, in accordance with common law, we have both true freedom and justice. The rest only empowers one group and subjigates another.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

I do agree with what your saying... and the OP. I do get the point but at the same what can be done about it?

Seriously what can be done except for writing about it here? If you have any ideas please tell.....

Also as i'm not from the states i dont know as much about it as you but i have seen it on the news and online. I do agree there is excessive force and police over there are way to quick to draw their weapons and use them. Even for ''suspects'' that are not armed police reach for the guns.....

You may not agree with this but i think apart of it comes from the gun culture in the US, people are around guns way to much and some people are raised using guns either hunting or at ranges etc.

Compare that to Australia, we have totally different gun laws since a massacre in Tasmania back in the 90's, since then most guns have been outlawed with the exception og hunters and sports shooters but auto weapons are completly outlawed and semi hand guns as well mostly. Even Airsoft

Like i said you may not agree that it's a gun culture problem because you have been raised in a different enviroment and have a different perspective to me that is looking at it from an outside point of view. Over here if a police officer draws their weapon at all it means reports and lots of paperwork to justify the action.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Well at present, there is not much we else we can do. I try to share what I have to say with anyone around me. Educating people about it and raising awareness is the only weapon we have at the moment. Violence is definately not a solution. It would only give credence to their tyrannical and oppressive measures.

As for the gun culture issue, we did grow up with guns. Many, many of us. I have been shooting and hunting since I was 7. So have every single one of my friends. Not a single one of us has ever used our guns in any altercation (save for my time as cop, though I have never shot a single round there either). It is called personal responsibility.

As for your tragedy at Port Arthur, well aside from all the speculation that it may have been instigated to grab your weapons, think that it may have been stopped if the citizenry had been armed. He pulls out a rifle and Joe Public sees it and POW, shoots him dead. No cop that first shot a gun in the academy has anything on a man who's been shooting at snakes and coyotes his whole life.

Also, an armed, responsible citizenry is a deterrent to crime as a criminal would realize that if he is going to attempt a crime, that their vicitim is likely armed. Is his wallet worth getting shot? Heck no!

It also can keep larger criminals at bay, like an oppressive government. An armed citizenry is a big obstacle to overcome if you want to oppress a people.

Where I live people can and do carry any weapon they choose, without licensing and somehow we manage not to end up in shootouts each and every day. Do not be fooled by the hysteria fed to you. Most people are good people, fully capable of handling themselves and the responsibility and freedom of owning a weapon.

You are a free human being and have the same rights to defend yourself as any other human being. Including the ones in the government. Do not let them turn you into a subject. They have no right to dictate to you your rights as a free human being

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

ok - lets accept your claim that you can " handle intruders " , shall we ?

scenario - you experience an ` intruder situation ` , there are 2 principal possible outcomes

1 - you drive off the intruders - with no casualties [ to them ]

2 - you maintain your propertty integrity by killing or seriously wounding one or more intruders

now - you tell me - whats going to happen next ?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Also, let me refer you to my post here. It kind of better sums up what I'm trying to say above. Cheers.

Link

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

How would cops be of any help in your scenario unless they were already over for coffee? Let's remember when seconds count, cops are only minutes away.

Also, after an incident like you theorized, the issues of said incident would be sorted out in a court of law just like any incident.

So what is your angle here?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
What of those unable to defend themselves?

i.e. The elderly, disabled, etc....

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Yeah i can understand your arguement in regards to gun control etc and to be honest i dont think you have anything to worry about unless they change the constitution (second amendment) which as far as i know is not an easy task at all.

All i can say is that we get along fine over here without the need for guns and everytime i see a new crazed US gunman news story that has killed people on a rampage i just shake my head.... whether it be a school, office, public street or any place.

I do understand this isnt typical behaviour but at the same time it could have been prevented and there was no need for the violence to begin with, whether it be the gun laws or a lack in preventive mental health disorders.

The only thing i can stand by is that over here we get along just fine without the need for guns..... if there was ever some type of foreign invasion then i might have a different persective but i like to hope for a peaceful future and at the same hope i'm not being neive.

Hunting and sport shooting is fine but i dont think people should by a gun just for the sake of owning it or out of paranoia that they may have a home invasion.

I do wish airsoft was legal in Au
though or even paintball guns that are realistic. Got my eye on an M4-A1 carbine for paintball but it is illegal because it looks to realistic

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

There were only a few rotten apples in the barrel but the farmer didn't take them out and unfortunately the rot has spread throughout, now the orchard and micro cider brewery is close to bankrupt because no one trusts their product and it tastes crap, the cider is so corrupted that some folk died shortly after drinking some.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join