It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Look Now, But The Japanese Nuclear Crisis Is Entering A New Phase

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Source

Evacuations of new towns should be already happening they are finding HOT SPOTS of Radiation outside the 19mile evacuation zone.

the story also says that radiation tests on the releases show level twice as high as first reported!!!!

add to these compounding factors the fact that nuclear fuel dropped to the bottom of reactor one in half the time previously thought.

this quote at the end of the article says it all and we are far from seeing this disaster as over or contained...

These revised estimates secure Fukushima 's position as the second worst nuclear disaster since Chernobyl in 1986.

japan a once beautiful country and people, are being lied to and slowly killed... the headline i read today of japan being a ghost island seem more true every day..

my thoughts are with you all who are and will be effected by this.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
How come every day on ATS, I see a new thread about Nuclear reactors in japan getting screwed over lol. Are they seriously malfunctioning on a daily basis?
At first I just thought people were reposting the same topics, but now I'm starting to think otherwise
edit on 6/9/11 by QuantumPhysicist because: typo

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Its really daunting and you know its bad. When they are hush about this in the MSM. Its absolutely Repulsive when you see Dancing with the Stars and/or American Idol Etc. Or Entertainment News. When this crazy stuff is going on and not being reported at all.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If you sit and think about it... They are not reporting it on the news in anyway because they seem to think that we dont have a right to know wat exactly is going on over there.... I understand that some kind of secrecy is needed to protect the families over there, but wat happens when it finally reaches over here to the states or anywhere else in the world??

My heart goes out to everyone over there in Japan that has to endure this everyday.....

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by IzItTrU3

they're not reporting it on the news because they're covering up all their mistakes...just another cover up...something more and more common nowadays...sad if you ask me...especially for the japanese

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

It would cause panic worldwide. This is why they can't report it. I think the MSM wants to report this but they are ordered by the world governments not to, because then all civilization would come to a halt. At this point I can't blame the governments or the MSM for this. There is NOTHING that anyone can do to fix this EXTINCTION LEVEL EVENT.

It's almost the same as a singularity opening up in our solar system and slowly sucking all of the planets into it. There is nothing we would be able to do to stop it, so allow people to be happy and live life as long as possible before the truth inevitably comes out.

Be assured that soon no one will doubt the effects of the radiation. When cancer rates go sky high and children are born deformed, they will know for damn sure what caused it.

Enjoy the good times now.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by tacomagroove

Not sure how this was off topic. I just read this post and it was about the amount of water being dumped into the reactors to attempt to keep them cool and how that water was evaporating off into the atmosphere causing highly radioactive water droplets to spread all over.

How is this off topic? Too bad I didn't screen shot it first.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

Everything is an extinction level event to you people... The deepwater horizon was an extinction level event... the coming nibiru is an extinction level event... Osama's death is an extinction level event.

I agree this is a horrific disaster but it's not going to END THE WORLD. Japan may collapse and bring down the global economy but the earth will not explode, the earth will not die, every species will not be wiped out.

Seriously stop throwing the term ELE around so loosely and think about what your saying

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

There is NOTHING that anyone can do to fix this EXTINCTION LEVEL EVENT.

Was Chernobyl an EXTINCTION LEVEL EVENT?

This is - if you believe how bad they say it is now - what, half the level that Chernobyl was.

I thought I'd read every histrionic statement about this disaster.

edit on 10/6/2011 by badw0lf because: quote tags failed.. it's an extinction level event if ever!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
It would cause panic worldwide. This is why they can't report it. I think the MSM wants to report this but they are ordered by the world governments not to, because then all civilization would come to a halt. At this point I can't blame the governments or the MSM for this. There is NOTHING that anyone can do to fix this EXTINCTION LEVEL EVENT.

It's almost the same as a singularity opening up in our solar system and slowly sucking all of the planets into it. There is nothing we would be able to do to stop it, so allow people to be happy and live life as long as possible before the truth inevitably comes out.

Be assured that soon no one will doubt the effects of the radiation. When cancer rates go sky high and children are born deformed, they will know for damn sure what caused it.

Enjoy the good times now.

People like you are the reason why this is not being reported in the news. People that panic rather than use rational thinking.

The word "radiation" has been demonized in our culture to the point that people cannot get the image of people burning and deformed births from their minds. People are like you, they panic and compare Fukushima to a singularity sucking our planets, which really is funny.

I blame our government for the fact that the majority of people are so ignorant that rather than teaching the populous about radiation they just pretend like nothing is going on. They released a few statements about that an exposure to under 100 mSv might actually be beneficial to us and some people scoffed at the scientists that get paid to study this.

Now the evidence for radiation being beneficial is lacking, but, so is the evidence that under the same amount is detrimental to is. Our studies on radiation have been withheld because of how the world perceives it.

It is amazing the hypocrisy that some people have that fill themselves with poison all day (not pointing the finger at you) but yet worry about the tiny (and I do mean tiny) amount of radiation that has made it's way over here. They're bitching as they are inhaling exhaust fumes, shoveling a big Mac in their mouth with a diet coke, and then light up a cigarette.

Our care and compassion should be going towards the people of Japan as that is who needs it. People need to think about others in a situation like this.

The downfall of humanity will be humans self absorption.

Pred...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I'm beginnin to develop some significant disdain for the ever-more-common attitudes of "there's nothing we can do about it anyway." Our governments worldwide have us all in a development quagmire. They have nothing to gain by human advancement while we the people have everything to lose... and we are losing it. There are real solutions to our problems, and we humans are more than capable of achieving these solutions. It's a truly crushing feeling that I become more consciously aware of everyday. We've got the capability and the tools for real progress right now, but as a people we seem to be losing heart. I'm not concerned with governments; I'm concerned with the people of this world. It's time we need to wake up and grow the balls to work for each other, with each other, towards our common goals, as a species. And the chances of success are quickly dwindling the longer we hesitate... ugh.. end rant.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
reply to post by TheUniverse

There is NOTHING that anyone can do to fix this

i'm not sure about that in all seriousness;

we all understand the repercussions are long term & global,

so why is the problem not treated globally ? by UN? by the leaders of world countries, starting with the richest, the g8, that have pushed this nuclear policy since the 70's ?

like for example, instead of spending billions to make war all over the place, from lybia to pakistan;

what if our dear leaders put, let say, just half of the money spent in those wars to find and invent a solution for fukushima instead of relying on a few poor men paid 100$ an hour to die to clean a mess they cannot clean ?

extension level event

yes indeed but not by accumulation of mistakes, by deliberate inaction, by deliberate will.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
if you are worried get to the health store and buy some kelp tablets - has the same effect as iodine but without the side effects

might wanna throw 2 extra bottles into your survival kits

I am still convinced Japan is victim to their own 9/11 (3/11) - and who could be next?

just read a disturbing article about Lucky Larry Silversteins possible upcoming stocktake sale @ Sears tower

careandwashingofthebrain.blogspot.com...

since MSM have numbed us all to nuclear attacks and all...

anyone know more?

am I joining the dots ok?

oh and edit add re above post - why does US spend billions fighting an unwinnable war in (pick your favourite middle east location) whilst its own citizens are poor, sick, out of work, almost fighting for survival and having the local issues fall on deaf ears?
edit on 10-6-2011 by Highlander64 because: quick add-on

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
ELE?

Did you know there has been 2000+ Nuke explosions since 1945?

I don't think this power plant has the power to extinct us, yet I do believe the whole island will probably become uninhabitable in the near future.

Time Lapse Nuclear Explosions since 1945 Fast forward to 12 mins for a short run down of this video, its stupidly long.

This is frightening also.
edit on 10-6-2011 by SecretNebraska because: ADDED INFO

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

It would cause panic worldwide. This is why they can't report it.
So ignorance is bliss you reckon? It's better that we just let people go about their lives without having to worry their little minds over the mass devastation and suffering? That's the problem with humanity. So greedy.

At this point I can't blame the governments or the MSM for this. There is NOTHING that anyone can do to fix this EXTINCTION LEVEL EVENT.
An ELE you say? I highly doubt it sir. If you want to make such fear mongering claims please back them up with a valid explanation. I am listening. And there may not be anything we can do now, but there WAS a lot we could have done before now. I read the cost of decommissioning the Fukashima plant is something like 600 billion. They've let it come to this because money motivated them to hold off on taking drastic measures to stop this disaster before it got out of hand. Now they are screwed. Oooops.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Someone thinks this is an ELE? Really? Oh dear, some people are terribly ignorant.

reply to post by Highlander64

If kelp tablets have the same effect, then they have Potassium Iodide, and will have the exact same side effects in the same dosage. If they don't have the same dosage, they aren't going to have the same effect.

Potassium Iodide only helps stop thyroid cancer anyway, that's it. There is not a single other use for Potassium Iodide in regards to radiation. Considering the only thing it stops is radioactive iodine from being taken up by your thyroid, there are still numerous other ways for radioactive material to harm you, so Potassium Iodide is not at all the radiation cure all that people seem to think it is.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
well you have a point, but I cant hold my breath for long - one must do what they can I suppose

hopefully it wont come to that

personally I hope the brown dwarf magnetic storm thingy reduces the planet to circa 1850 technology before then, so we can have clean air, clean water, and a life free of NWO illuminati zionist war mongering freaks for a while

amen to that eh?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
Was Chernobyl an EXTINCTION LEVEL EVENT?

Well, for a million people it was...

Originally posted by badw0lf
This is - if you believe how bad they say it is now - what, half the level that Chernobyl was.

Uhhh. I'm pretty sure it's already far worse than Chernobyl, and there is no end in sight. Chernobyl had barely been running for very long when it exploded, and it contained NO plutonium fuel. Any plutonium it released was a very small amount, a byproduct of its uranium fission. It was a horrible disaster to be sure, the extent of which is covered up to this day -- statisticians have proven that no less than 1 million people have died (be they adults, children or unborn babies) as a direct result of Chernobyl -- possibly up to 2 million. And there is little to no justice or recompense for those million people who were sacrificed on the altar of nuclear power.

However, Fukushima used MOX fuel. MOX fuel contains plutonium. It is orders of magnitude more deadly than the uranium fuel at Chernobyl. It also ran for many, many years, and had accumulated enormous amounts of spent fuel (MOX and other fuel). As soon as the tops of the reactor assemblies, containing all those spent fuel rods, started burning and releasing all their radioactive material, I believe it was already worse than Chernobyl. The only thing that prevented us immediately seeing the horrible effect on human life is that the bulk of the release occurred (and has been occuring) after the evacuation, the area around the plant was not heavily populated, much of that material went right into the Pacific ocean, and the rest was spread around Japan, Canada, the US, and other countries to a lesser extent. Nevertheless, the deadly material is still out there. In the rain, in the air, in the ocean and soon in a lot of the food chain of the Pacific and the entire Northern hemisphere.

When the MSM says Fukushima is not as bad as Chernobyl, it's at best a half-truth, and IMO closer to a filthy lie. Several scientists agree with me on this. 2, 5, 10+ million people dying due to Fukushima, distributed sporadically around the world, with no proof of the cause of their death. That is "better" than 1-2 million people dying close to the exploded reactor at Chernobyl? Not to me.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

We'll see...I don't want to die, bro.

But too many people in the pseudo-science of wishful thinking. To think that the radiation (which is real and spreading worldwide) will not randomly emit electrons and neutrons that will most likely collide with DNA and destroy DNA, thus causing many cancerous cells and a dramatic drop in worldwide population is like saying a magnet WILL NOT be attracted to metal. It's just goes against science and physics.

If a tree drops in a forest does it make a sound? Of course it does! Just because you aren't there to hear it doesn't mean that the sound waves aren't created. You know what I mean?

It's easy for you to feel this way because you cannot see or feel radiation, so your mind is playing tricks on you. But it's there, dude...and it doesn't give a rat's turd about you or anyone else on the planet. It's not going to fly around your cells. Given enough radioactive particles, a few neutrons and electrons are bound to collide DIRECTLY INTO YOU, if they aren't doing so already.

Extinction Level Event? Maybe not...But I definately would invest in healthcare companies and bodybags right about now.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join