It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electric watches in Sicily (Italy) running all 20 minutes faster

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Ok, to sum up...
Those of you in Italy, politely ask your Electrical Utility to invest in new Frequency Regulation electronics (or governor).
Those outside Italy with problems either: 1) Get a rooster. 2) Get a sundial, or 3) Move to California. Three digital clocks and two computers with no problems here.
On second thought...skip 3) we have other issues.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hey....From New York......Had same" time" issue. I worked for a big company...and have worked on computers my whole life. Couple of unix servers , the time keeps going fast 20 mins, 30 and up to a few hours. It happen too many times now, with no answer to the problem. We can change out the battery on motherboard, and time still goes fast. changed whole computer and days later time goes fast. It being a couple of months nothing happen, but the other day ,another location and another fast clock on the server and it makes all the regsiters that link up- times change all on them. Very weird, I am very good at troubleshooting anything done with computers and this one beats me......
edit on 9-6-2011 by trcikeydickey because: spelling

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
If anybody has been to Italy and seen how long it takes them to do anything than this is a good thing.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by brewing

This actually made me laugh (: Thank you!

Seriously though. I run several small businesses out of my home and we farm full time. I like to work hard and I get a lot done in a day. Since around January I can't seem to get things done fast enough. It doesn't matter how hard I try, the time seems to go in huge chunks like never before. Chunks of time seem to move in what feels like minutes. I am aware of the concept of time seeming to go faster as we get older, but this is different...I can't catch up/keep up and it seems to be out of control ( the time thing).

Also, for the first time (I'm a big herbalist/green thumb/gardener) in my life the peonies are blooming at the same time as the roses and at the same time as a medicinal wild herb that usually blooms in July! All at once, this week! And, a plant that usually matures and blooms in August is getting ready to head out! What the heck is going on. I am so perplexed by all this. I pay very close attention to these little signals day in and day out, seasons as they pass, etc. Something is not right or something has accelerated.

Anyone?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hundroid

Fascinating article.....did you catch the part about "What is happening in and around Catania in Sicily? Something like what happened recently in Caronia where televisions, refrigerators, radios suddenly caught fire?" [Translated by Google Translate)

I hadn't heard of that either......strange!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
OK calm down peeps. I was on my way to a meeting today and noticed my expensive dress watch was 20 minutes behind. I adjusted to accurate time so the world should be back to normal and this should exactly offset the Italian "quickening."

/MD
edit on 9-6-2011 by MaskedDebater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
but it still dont explain the wristwatches being fast. I totally understand what the prof7 was saying and thats the culprit for devices on the electrical grid

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by blink7522
Radiation can effect digital timers, however unlikely in this case. Nuclear warheads require special timers or shielding.

I saw that movie too. Wasn't that the one where they tried to act like Prell shampoo was plutonium, and the kid used pieces of C4 about the thickness of a graham cracker with no lensing as his compression drivers?

Glad someone got that reference. The Manhattan Project, 1986. That movie was ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
My iPad jumped 7 minutes faster than my phone , microwave, and stereo clocks sometime in the last week. It's never done that before and it has had at least a 10% since I got it a year ago. Strange!

Now that I think about, and this is not a joke, my (crystal) wristwatch stopped entirely last week as well.
edit on 9-6-2011 by White Locust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disclosure Agent
that's been pretty much happening to any clock I have seen lately that isn't sync'd up with internet updates..... my alarm clock and microwave have been slowly getting further ahead of my phone and PC and has been tripping me out...

I wonder if this is the reason or just coincidence....

I'm in NSW Australia....

The clock in my Mazda 3 had lost an hour exactly on Wednesday of this week. I'm wondering if there may be some semi-redundant programming in the clock for daylight savings time which may have switched back into regular time somewhere between Tuesday & Wednesday.

IRM

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
i had a friend who has since retired and passed away..he worked for the power company.his job was keeping the power grid syncronized at exactly 60 hz useing frequency counters @ 60 cycles per second i asked him what if they were alowed to drift? clocks would go out of whack tv and radio could be damaged.any equipment useing electricty can be affected

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Wow ok...

My tv's cable box and my phone use to be off by about 5 mins and now they aren't. I never looked until just now and now they are the same time, but for weeks they were both off and I always found it weird because they were never off before.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

About your clip. Thanks for my laugh for the day. I loved it. But honestly - I couldn't tell because of the video if the assino was male or female. I thought he was touching the udder on the assino to check about milking time! And THAT could tell time here without a clock!

As for the 'strange happenings' around here and time? Nothing on the nightly news. I'm all ears though and wil llet you know if I hear anything!

peace

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

i had a friend who has since retired and passed away..he worked for the power company.his job was keeping the power grid syncronized at exactly 60 hz useing frequency counters @ 60 cycles per second i asked him what if they were alowed to drift? clocks would go out of whack tv and radio could be damaged.any equipment useing electricty can be affected

So by this account could it be the solar flares that are sending things askew?

Peace

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
jeez, and I thought a watch was for telling which way north is.....
well a watch with hands....

you guys better synch up
i don't want to get lost in the bush just because my watch is wrong

point the little hand to the sun and back half way to 12 is north
or conversly
you can set your watch by putting the little hand on the sun and turning the watch, placing north half way forward to 12.

now if i could just find time to watch and learn how to spell

edit on 10-6-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

So by this account could it be the solar flares that are sending things askew?

Peace

No, more like someone with a badly calibrated reference frequency. Or a guy with his hand on the knob that's all thumbs.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

How did they get all of Sicily to reach 88mph.

Seriously though, that is really weird.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
wowthat is stange. do electronic watches run on pulsating crystals. Are we about to find out the pulse can change. Just like we recently found out radioactive decay rate can also change...

You get quartz crystals that vibrate at various frequencies they dont all vibrate at the same rate!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'm glad you liked it. Well, that fellow is a "maschio" (male) for sure (I wouldn't touch that...lol).

Regarding that event, thanks for accepting this task. As we know, you are a totally reliable source and we are lucky to have you in that area keeping an eye for us.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I've been to Sicily (lovely place) and Mt. Etna is an everpresent majestic monster looming in the background. Given how active it has been over the years I would have no doubt that some geologic activity related to its presence is the culprit for the "time shift".

Lets just hope its not going to blow again.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join