It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electric watches in Sicily (Italy) running all 20 minutes faster

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by prof7
I was referring to the event in Italy, the topic of this thread, not to your post about your broken wrist watch.

Epic Retort!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Now about the time... I don't live by a wrist watch or clock. My alarm clock is when my rooster crows in the morning and when I'm too tired to keep going at night

Wow sister, I envy you.

That made me remember this video (I hope you don't mind the joke)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
As local gravity increases-decreases time passing will speed up or slow down relative to its possition and location from another reference point. Ref:Satellites and GPS.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Hey, you are not gonna believe this but...

I noticed this thread early this morning and did not give it much thought.

Got home 30 minutes ago. Opened my phone to call someone and the clock was twenty minutes fast. I had already hit speed dial so while I was standing there trying to figure out if I had really seen that or not the other end started to ring so I talked to the person I was calling and hung up. Checked the phone immediately to see if it still read 20 minutes fast but it was normal again.

Anecdotal, I know. It may have even been my imagination. But there ya' go anyway.

P.S. I'm in California.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZackMorris
Microwaves are hooked up to some kind of frequency? Even when you manually entered the time?

Absolutely.

All motor-driven clocks that run from AC power (analog wall clocks etc) use synchronous motors. They essentially get their time base from the AC power line frequency, because the motor that drives the clock mechanism is synchronous to the AC. They're geared for the power line frequency they're designed to run on.

Some digital clocks ALSO get their timebase from the AC power. This would include most appliances where the time is a secondary function like those in a microwave oven. They count power line cycles, every 50 of them in Italy is a second. Here, you'd get 60 cycles in a second and you'd have to divide differently for the display.

I've designed several pieces of consumer gear and done the same thing myself - generally I have a sort-of accurate timebase in the microcontroller, I take a few quarter second samples of power line count and see if I'm in a 50 or 60 Hz country, and adjust my counter modulus to fit. Once a second the counter rolls over and I get an interrupt - ding! that's a second.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
These are some experiments I did with my own Mind body training and time dilation. I wonder if there is someone in that area with this ability?

Perhaps this is a group geist effect brought on by the Earthquake hysteria in the region a few weeks ago.

Just thinking out loud a large scale effect like this is very curious.

edit on 9-6-2011 by Shirak because: Add extra

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hundroid

When I read this thread I about S*** myself...

I S*** you not that yesterday at almost exactly 6pm GMT (Colorado) my watch stopped working completely then at roughly 6:25 ish it was workin as normal again....W T F.....

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

I S*** you not that yesterday at almost exactly 6pm GMT (Colorado) my watch stopped working completely then at roughly 6:25 ish it was workin as normal again....W T F.....

Loose or nearly dead battery. Happens all the time. I've got dead digital watches all over the house. Most of mine either bite it at the hands of Really High Power RF in the lab, or because my sweat corrodes them.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by Sly1one

Loose or nearly dead battery. Happens all the time. I've got dead digital watches all over the house. Most of mine either bite it at the hands of Really High Power RF in the lab, or because my sweat corrodes them.

Ya you could be right, I have had this watch for almost 2 years and never a single problem until yesterday...I dunno really but reading this thread after that oddity yesterday was synchronicity trippy...

When I saw it was dead I actually thought it had bit the dust for good took it off and set it on my desk. I made special note it died at damn near exactly 6pm, the next morning when I came back to work I grabbed my watch and contemplated throwing it away when I noticed it was working and the time was ~20 mintues behind the current time that morning. It was about 7:55 and the watch read 7:34 ish. I say ish because it was a "hand-watch" not digital so guessing exact minute time is bleh...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by prof7
Clocks that base their time on crystal oscillators (wrist watches or other kinds of battery driven or mechanical watches that are not connected to the grid) are not affected.

ummm, maybe u didn't read my post

my wrist watch is not connected to
any grid bro.

You know I had a digital watch that would always GAIN time..

It was a cheap 20 dollar wrangler from wally world also..

The battery lasted 6 YEARS!!!

I figured it just happened not for any particular reason..

I had a 80 dollar watch from a mall store that battery only lasted 2 and a half..

My watch stories...

You know now that I think about it, the wally world watch was digital
and the mall store watch was ?chronological? it was a normal 2 hand,
do you think that would effect battery life?
edit on 9-6-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

Time dilation can occur when the gravitational mass is different in two areas as show by general relativity theory and proven by atomic clocks put on airplanes. So certainly elevation can affect it, but generally we are dealing with nano-seconds, not 15 minutes! So probably safe to rule out gravity relation unless its some sort of bizarre unknown technology.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Oh come on people....you knew one of us was going to do it.......

www.youtube.com...
edit on 9-6-2011 by Shadowalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cleverhans

Didn't I read that they sustained antimatter for 15 minutes on June 5th? There was a thread on ATS.

Source

Linky above shows Sicily in relation to Cern. Antimatter has anti-gravity properties does it not? A shift in gravity could explain time anomalies. I mean we don't really know how far ahead they are with this stuff yet do we?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Radiation can effect digital timers, however unlikely in this case. Nuclear warheads require special timers or shielding.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Disclosure Agent

Same here mate my microwave is 2 min ahead of my PC and phone and was same time a week ago and is slowly. Getting further ahead I'm in nsw too! Very strange!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by blink7522
Radiation can effect digital timers, however unlikely in this case. Nuclear warheads require special timers or shielding.

I saw that movie too. Wasn't that the one where they tried to act like Prell shampoo was plutonium, and the kid used pieces of C4 about the thickness of a graham cracker with no lensing as his compression drivers?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

That's why I still use a sun-dial. The wrist version can be a bit 'iffy' since I have to poke my arm out a properly aligned window if I'm indoors in order to see the time.

Seriously, I've noticed all types of clocks and other time-keeping functions on electronic devices just being crazy out-of-sync lately. My watch never keeps time and my bedroom alarm clock is always behind even I put a fresh battery in.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Wat up ATS..

I don't usually post but, this is big!!!

I've also been having issues with clocks/watches not attached to the internet, for the past week.

They all seem to be skipping around dates and time. today i just found out my moms cellphone was off by 3 days and my wrist watch was off by 20 min. First time ever that this happens..

I work for a telecom company here and we are having serious issues keeping track of time... satellites are acting weird for the last week and people are flooding the customer service lines reporting issues from getting SMS with different dates the same day.

THIS IS HAPPENING ALL OVER THE PLANET. According to my supervisors..

My educated guess.. remember that huge flare/cme .. i think it started to reach us....

Peace and love

From the Dominican Republic

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by junior2991

And yet...and yet...my GPSs are working perfectly. And that requires monumentally accurate timekeeping.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Strange... just checked my GPS. and is working as it should.

Is in fact weird..... i got into a bus today that had one of those digital clocks inside.. and the time just started to act extremely weird. jumping from 3:26 to 9:27.. just weird. conversations with lots of static....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join