It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the chances the U.S. economy could eventually trigger violence in our country?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

What are the chances the U.S. economy could eventually trigger violence in our country?

caffertyfile. blogs.cnn.com

For the first time maybe since the Vietnam War or certainly since the civil rights movement, there are some darkening storm clouds on the civility horizon. A growing number of voices are continuing to suggest that if this economy doesn't turn around, and people can't start feeling optimistic about their futures again, we could be headed for some ugly scenarios. A new CNN poll says 48 percent of Americans think the country is headed for another Great Depression in the next twelve months.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
this is just sad but unfortunately it appears relavent.
i hope for the sake of life u took those wilderness survival classes at your community center. i don't believe this will actually happen only because people are to skittish to stand there ground. like sheep being herded they will just say okay george

caffertyfile. blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Some say it is happening as we speak.

News Link
edit on 6/8/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
So that means we'll experience a Second American Civil War? I mean we are increasingly seeing alot of tensions flaring

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
Some say it is happening as we speak.

News Link
edit on 6/8/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

you are awesome i commend u with a star for a great link.
and i don't doubt it one bit, part of me thinks this is what it needs and old verses new elbow throwing session

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Someone needs to turn the ship upright soon, or you will become like France and start burning cars in the street and smashing things. Sadly, I do not see anyone on the horizon that seems to fit the bill.

Where is the leadership? The common cause? The unity of America?

You have to step up as a nation, roll your sleeves up and get to work!

I am worried you are going to tank the world economy again next year, and really, its not good for my retirement savings. Maybe Ron Paul is the answer to your woes?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
A wise man once said "We are just three missed meals away from riots in the streets". If you think that line is not true just wait until the people currently receiving food stamps go to the store just to find out there is no money in their account. Riots would break out in every major city center, and spread across this country like a wildfire of apocalyptic proportions!
We are on a fast track to debt default in this country, on top of the Fed coming out and saying they can't just end QE2 which means QE3 is in the works, as well as unemployment numbers climbing. This all spells one thing, and it ain't good news.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

we draw the line at the new madrid.

we get nellis afb, yucca mtn.,area 51.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
George Washington predicted three wars on U.S. soil; The American Revolution, The Civil War, and wouldn't you know it a second Civil War! I believe he predicted it to happen in 2000. Honestly, I hope it doesn't come down to that. He wasn't far off dating the other two.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
A wise man once said "We are just three missed meals away from riots in the streets". If you think that line is not true just wait until the people currently receiving food stamps go to the store just to find out there is no money in their account. Riots would break out in every major city center, and spread across this country like a wildfire of apocalyptic proportions!
We are on a fast track to debt default in this country, on top of the Fed coming out and saying they can't just end QE2 which means QE3 is in the works, as well as unemployment numbers climbing. This all spells one thing, and it ain't good news.

This never happened during the Great Depression so why would you think it would happen now?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
America has recently undergone a huge transition and awakening regarding politics. People are far more aware of politics, politicians, and parties than they were a few years ago. During all of the interest surrounding politics and learning people have become highly opinionated causing a lot of political tension, this is what I'm most scared of honestly. As the election nears, if the economy is still weak, we will definitely see violence all around America over a combination of these two issues. Personally, I feel that the Democrats are far more violent and abrasive when it comes to politics. During the 2008 election there were talks, especially in California, of riots if Obama were to lose the election, this will probably become more intense as 2012 nears and Obama continues to face weaker polling numbers.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ultraman2011

i dont follow politics but if he is a repubican chances are ima spit on him.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by wolveseyes
reply to post by Ultraman2011

i dont follow politics but if he is a repubican chances are ima spit on him.

See my above post.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by wolveseyes

oh great i googled him and i got texan republican
guess ima have to spit on
him. don't like obama either, if the ballot had a none of the above line i would choose that one

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Because you don't have the character or class of the folks from the 20's. You are a selfish, me-first, "my mommy told me I am special" country now. You watch American Idol and think Oprah is a God. For the love of God, The View is popular, you listen to what Rosie O"Donnell says, and put a mic in front of Sean Penn.

Modern day Roman Empire anyone?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Riots in the USA?

No chance at all so long as TV and Internet is still up and running.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianC
America has recently undergone a huge transition and awakening regarding politics. People are far more aware of politics, politicians, and parties than they were a few years ago. During all of the interest surrounding politics and learning people have become highly opinionated causing a lot of political tension, this is what I'm most scared of honestly. As the election nears, if the economy is still weak, we will definitely see violence all around America over a combination of these two issues. Personally, I feel that the Democrats are far more violent and abrasive when it comes to politics. During the 2008 election there were talks, especially in California, of riots if Obama were to lose the election, this will probably become more intense as 2012 nears and Obama continues to face weaker polling numbers.

People have always had strong feelings about politics and there is nothing new happening with regards to that. America has gone through very tough economic times in the past which never led to wide scale violence so there's no reason it would happen now.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

This never happened during the Great Depression so why would you think it would happen now?

The only reason it didn't happen during the Great Depression is because this was a different country then, than it is now! Now we live in a society of American Idle, and Ipods, and Iphones. Now everyone thinks they are entitled to their fair share whether it means taking from someone else to get it or not. Now we have people that go on welfare with absolutely no intention of ever getting off of it simply because they think that it is owed to them!

In the Great Depression era people still felt good about putting in a hard days work, and didn't think twice about helping out a neighbor. In those days the community pulled together to make things happen, and make sure that everyone had a meal on their plate, and that everyone was doing their best to contribute to making the community a better place. Sadly that era died a horrible death shortly after the birth of all the entitlement programs the government put forward.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianC

I think it should be some out of the loop person that runs for president wheres my george washington darnnit

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Now we have people that go on welfare with absolutely no intention of ever getting off of it simply because they think that it is owed to them!

proud to say we are off of foodstamps this month. I have worked very hard to accomplish that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join