It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What are the chances the U.S. economy could eventually trigger violence in our country?

page: 2
20
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by wolveseyes

Originally posted by BrianC
America has recently undergone a huge transition and awakening regarding politics. People are far more aware of politics, politicians, and parties than they were a few years ago. During all of the interest surrounding politics and learning people have become highly opinionated causing a lot of political tension, this is what I'm most scared of honestly. As the election nears, if the economy is still weak, we will definitely see violence all around America over a combination of these two issues. Personally, I feel that the Democrats are far more violent and abrasive when it comes to politics. During the 2008 election there were talks, especially in California, of riots if Obama were to lose the election, this will probably become more intense as 2012 nears and Obama continues to face weaker polling numbers.



I think it should be some out of the loop person that runs for president wheres my george washington darnnit


If I was an American and I wanted a Wash outsider I might go for Herman Cain. He seems to have some common sense smarts (and Ron Paul could be his VP). That will set you guys straight.




posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Originally posted by kro32

Originally posted by SpaDe_
A wise man once said "We are just three missed meals away from riots in the streets". If you think that line is not true just wait until the people currently receiving food stamps go to the store just to find out there is no money in their account. Riots would break out in every major city center, and spread across this country like a wildfire of apocalyptic proportions!
We are on a fast track to debt default in this country, on top of the Fed coming out and saying they can't just end QE2 which means QE3 is in the works, as well as unemployment numbers climbing. This all spells one thing, and it ain't good news.


This never happened during the Great Depression so why would you think it would happen now?


The only reason it didn't happen during the Great Depression is because this was a different country then, than it is now! Now we live in a society of American Idle, and Ipods, and Iphones. Now everyone thinks they are entitled to their fair share whether it means taking from someone else to get it or not. Now we have people that go on welfare with absolutely no intention of ever getting off of it simply because they think that it is owed to them!

In the Great Depression era people still felt good about putting in a hard days work, and didn't think twice about helping out a neighbor. In those days the community pulled together to make things happen, and make sure that everyone had a meal on their plate, and that everyone was doing their best to contribute to making the community a better place. Sadly that era died a horrible death shortly after the birth of all the entitlement programs the government put forward.


People are not all that much different. If you think there weren't lazy people back then who only thought of themselves than you are beyond help. There's plenty of people today that pull together as community's...look at the recent tornado's or the hurricanes if you want to see outpouring of help.

I think you are just hoping for violence for some odd reason.



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wolveseyes
 


You might actually like Ron Paul, he's a little extreme for most people but he's hardly a Republican. He's for the most part a Libertarian but I don't want you to write him off because of the "R" next to his name, he is strongly against the fed and government control or intrusion into personal life.



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianC
reply to post by wolveseyes
 


You might actually like Ron Paul, he's a little extreme for most people but he's hardly a Republican. He's for the most part a Libertarian but I don't want you to write him off because of the "R" next to his name, he is strongly against the fed and government control or intrusion into personal life.


and he's also on record as saying "if it's not plainly stated in the Constitution it isn't legal." He fails to realize the founders left alot of the Constitution open for debate.



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ultraman2011

Originally posted by wolveseyes

Originally posted by BrianC
America has recently undergone a huge transition and awakening regarding politics. People are far more aware of politics, politicians, and parties than they were a few years ago. During all of the interest surrounding politics and learning people have become highly opinionated causing a lot of political tension, this is what I'm most scared of honestly. As the election nears, if the economy is still weak, we will definitely see violence all around America over a combination of these two issues. Personally, I feel that the Democrats are far more violent and abrasive when it comes to politics. During the 2008 election there were talks, especially in California, of riots if Obama were to lose the election, this will probably become more intense as 2012 nears and Obama continues to face weaker polling numbers.



I think it should be some out of the loop person that runs for president wheres my george washington darnnit


If I was an American and I wanted a Wash outsider I might go for Herman Cain. He seems to have some common sense smarts (and Ron Paul could be his VP). That will set you guys straight.


HAHAHA the ex federal reserve chairman and his anti-fed vp? I hope youre really good at being sarcastic but either way you made me laugh



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by wolveseyes

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Originally posted by kro32

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Now we have people that go on welfare with absolutely no intention of ever getting off of it simply because they think that it is owed to them!
.


proud to say we are off of foodstamps this month. I have worked very hard to accomplish that.


Congratulations, I don't look down on people that us welfare for what it is there for, but what I do look down on is the ones that think they shouldn't have to work because it is owed to them. I commend anyone that puts forth the effort and takes the responsibility on themselves to make their life better!



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Yes, Highly likely! I am disturbed by the current administrations amping up divisions amongst classes and along racial lines. Remember this was supposed to be the administration that brought everyone together - what load of bunk!

The country is like a powder keg awaiting its fuse to be lit. I am of the opinion that the multiple city violence outbreak Memorial Day weekend seemingly helped along by our face book friends was a dry run for something much bigger down the road.

It really matters not where one believes this comes from, the situation once started will get out of the ability of anyone to control - things will not end until weeks pass and people have to wrry more about subsistance and lees about wanton violence.

Most people I chat with have the same feeling of waiting for the other shoe to drop and intuitively know where this is headed.



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Originally posted by BrianC
reply to post by wolveseyes
 


You might actually like Ron Paul, he's a little extreme for most people but he's hardly a Republican. He's for the most part a Libertarian but I don't want you to write him off because of the "R" next to his name, he is strongly against the fed and government control or intrusion into personal life.


and he's also on record as saying "if it's not plainly stated in the Constitution it isn't legal." He fails to realize the founders left alot of the Constitution open for debate.


I'm arguing against him being a standard Republican but not necessarily arguing for him. He is very extreme in his views (depending on how you view the country, you might think he's the least extreme person ever to run) but some people like that about him.



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ultraman2011
 


ummmmmmmmmmm we all don't feel that way and im actually trying to apply for citzenship to canada. Me and my husband want to renounce our citzenship as americans.



sorry my "A" button for some reason isnt working. I gotta beat the darn thing.



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I think if this summer stays hot, there will be protests imho

I just hope everybody keeps their cool

the US is not immune to violent protests



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
There's plenty of people today that pull together as community's...look at the recent tornado's or the hurricanes if you want to see outpouring of help.


I am sure you are correct that in the aftermath the people will finally pull together, but it won't come at 0 cost. The scenario is set to play out in the very near future, so I guess all we have to do is wait and see.



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wolveseyes
 


The U.S Government have FEMA camps set up all around America, if I'm not mistaken?

Seems as though they are prepared if there was a mass uprising of violence & protests...Almost like they are anticipating something inevitable... Hope I'm wrong though.



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Originally posted by kro32
There's plenty of people today that pull together as community's...look at the recent tornado's or the hurricanes if you want to see outpouring of help.


I am sure you are correct that in the aftermath the people will finally pull together, but it won't come at 0 cost. The scenario is set to play out in the very near future, so I guess all we have to do is wait and see.


No you can actually research history and see what has happened in the past when there were similar circumstances. There is no record for massive outbreaks of violence during economic downturns. If you want to speculate against the historical record than that's your right but don't try to convince others of something you have no proof of.



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe
 


Rex-84, thats some scary stuff man but it certainly is an indicator (if you believe the conspiracy that is) that bad times are ahead



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32
 


It could very well happen because many Americans are connected these days thru TV Radio and of course, the Interwebs. Americans knew they had it rough back then, but the media wasn't all over the story like they are today. Fear sells.

You may not be able to pay your bills, or put food on the table, but the cable company or DSL service usually take a month or three to shut you off. A lot can happen in that timeframe.

I like to think that people will come together and help one another out, but I just don't see it happening nowadays, with the exception of small communities.



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by kro32
 


It could very well happen because many Americans are connected these days thru TV Radio and of course, the Interwebs. Americans knew they had it rough back then, but the media wasn't all over the story like they are today. Fear sells.

You may not be able to pay your bills, or put food on the table, but the cable company or DSL service usually take a month or three to shut you off. A lot can happen in that timeframe.

I like to think that people will come together and help one another out, but I just don't see it happening nowadays, with the exception of small communities.


You know they did have newspapers back then. People were fully aware of what was going on but besides that, what does having more information have to do with the chance for violence?



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I think that it might happen and when I say out of the loop im talking no political partie or by product of a policital party. no fed people no senate people. Maybe the kid from the grocery store pushing carts sweating his A$$ off trying to make the money for A car that he gets for 300.00 bucks and fixes it with every paycheck



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ultraman2011
 


I've said much the same, but the other way around, Paul/Cain. Either way, I think I could get behind that ticket. But even if they won, they would still have a mess on their hands.

And no, they would not have inherited it, they are asking for it by running for the job. Once again, these are the times that tries mens souls.



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex
 


And governments around the world are accusing social networking sites of igniting the fuse. I've heard some stories of violent mobs forming (not the dancing ones lolz) through facebook groups. I'll try to look for a link but revolutions and uprisings are a lot more common than they used to be and we can blame or thank the internet for that.



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
So that means we'll experience a Second American Civil War? I mean we are increasingly seeing alot of tensions flaring


I won't be a civil war against the authorities. It will be a race war, so bloody and violent that America will cease to exist.

Even here on ATS you can sense the tension building against the scapegoats being created.
edit on 8-6-2011 by whaaa because: ptptptp




top topics



 
20
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join