It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the checkpoint of the future?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by withallmylove
reply to post by getreadyalready

yes..freedom is hard to define,for me is more like a state of mind then a physical ability to chose...dont feel a slave cause you are not one! all responsabilities you have have a meaning,we are all part of a sytem,rather we like it or not,we get born into the system and must go along with it but we still have our freedoms..
its really just a matter of perspective..i feel free to change my job or to change my location,my friends,experience so many things,beautiful or bad....ok,change is not easy but is 100 percent possible..
in the end..nobody has the power to influence upon us as much as we have
..that is the reason i smile!i hope you understand my way of seeing this.

I understand your point, but I can't entirely agree with it. We are all responsible for more than ourselves. I would love nothing more than to try the current "freeman on the land" movement, or declare myself a "sovereign." I would love to gamble the house on the mortgage market right now! I think I could stop making payments for the next two years, save up about $30k, and then offer to settle with the bank at short-sale prices, knock my mortgage in half, and then pay the $30k toward the mortgage, and wind up way, way ahead, but I won't try it, because my wife and family deserve stability instead of chaos.

I would love to take matters into my own hands at work this week. I have the delegated authority for the next 3 weeks to make all the changes that need to be made, but that is just another gamble. My boss would probably not appreciate being undermined in that way, and I need stability and continuity at my job, so I will continue to white-wash the poor policies and not take a stand on things.

I would love to run for public office and really try to make a difference in the world, but I'm not squeeky clean, and I know my past would be interesting to plaster all over a campaign, and my wife doesn't think she is ready for all of that nonsense.

We are slaves to the system, slaves to our comforts, slaves to our loved ones, and as you say, we are part of a larger system, and that system requires that we live within its bounds.

Personally, I believe in God, and a little bit of Fate and Purpose, and I do not believe I was designed by God to play the role I am playing. I struggle to conform everyday.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I always lived a counter culture lifestyle trying to fly under the radar and live as free as this constipated culture would allow. As a youth and young man I honestly thought I was "free" but now I see that it was an illusion, and a fantasy; but it was still a damn sight better than the competitive, shallow, compromise laden, rat race I'm living at present.

Compared to some, I am incredibly free. No kids, self employed, financially comfortable etc.

But ultimately we are mostly enslaved by our secrets.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Could this also be by design?

Everyone has secrets, it is impossible to avoid. For me personally, I couldn't care less, I am very open and upfront about my issues and past experiences, but the modern environment of media blows things out of proportion and out of context.

If I ever made a public run for office, I would be direct and honest about every accusation, and it might crush my chances and it might not, but there isn't just me to think about. There is every other person I ever interacted with, and my loved ones, and my neighborhood, community, town, etc.
edit on 8-6-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

I always lived a counter culture lifestyle trying to fly under the radar and live as free as this constipated culture would allow. As a youth and young man I honestly thought I was "free" but now I see that it was an illusion, and a fantasy; but it was still a damn sight better than the competitive, shallow, compromise laden, rat race I'm living at present.

Compared to some, I am incredibly free. No kids, self employed, financially comfortable etc.

The last ten years or so, I am "lucky enough" to live the same way as you when I moved to greece and opened up a small hotel. In fact I work night shift and have plenty of "free time" if you will. My parents had property and we took advantage of that but tourism has been taking a nose dive for the last 2-3 years and we can barely pay the bank notes.

Just because you are single and no kids does not mean freedom. I still have to inspect my car every year, renew my registration every five years, renew my drivers license every five years, pay income taxes both to greece and the usa, buy clothes, feed myself, property taxes, etc.

Maybe if I moved to uganda I would be free enough, but then you have to watch out for lions and head hunters. And oh health insurance...got forbid you get sick and have your pay garnished for 20 years or so.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I understand your point, but I can't entirely agree with it. We are all responsible for more than ourselves. I would love nothing more than to try the current "freeman on the land" movement, or declare myself a "sovereign." I would love to gamble the house on the mortgage market right now! I think I could stop making payments for the next two years, save up about $30k, and then offer to settle with the bank at short-sale prices, knock my mortgage in half, and then pay the $30k toward the mortgage, and wind up way, way ahead, but I won't try it, because my wife and family deserve stability instead of chaos.

From what I understand "freeman on the land" is possible but you have to be very familiar with the constitution and common law. In other words, people with a legal background are more apt to pull it off then your average joe. And even then you go on their "# list" and the state causes problems for you down the road.

As for bank foreclosures they more-or-less go after those that have paid at least half their payments and are unable to continue paying, because the bank has racked in the interest and then if they can sell "your property" for a profit, they basically double the sum really quick rather than having to wait another 10-15 years to collect the principle.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

there are great differences between us..i see where you stand and why you feel chained,but i think you chose to inchain yourself...the decisions that settle us down tie us down too..so,when you get married ,buy a house,make debts..those are all chains..not for me you see
)..im not married
..dont have kids,couldnt take the risk of mixing my genes with the wrong being
)...
someone wrote only ignorants can believe in freedom,ok,call me a selfish irresponsable ignorant...a gipsy!
)call me whatever u want ,..i know what i chose to be and why i chose to live like this.so far my way brought very positive things in my life:i lived and worked in 4 different countries,now i can speak 6 languages and im very proud of that,only those who know what that implies understand what i mean.
...yes,perhaps one day i will even put on my chains,im not even 30
)..but im planning on designing special flexible easy to wear ones
..maybe its just a matter of age,i dont think a 30 years old can feel as limited as a 50 years old....but let me tell you my life has not been an easy one,im not going to describe it but u would be amazed,trust me... it feels good looking back and being able to say:wow!..i made it no matter what!
the only thing that we must pray for is health and courage,one can do loooots of things with only those two things(ok,brains too
).i wish everyone would be as healthy strong and brave as i am...strong to say i am like this!and i want this!..and i feel sorry for those who cannot feel the way i feel about freedom!as i said...a state of mind

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Did you hear about the Israeli assasin team that stole and forged passports of three Australians which then almost led to the Australians being blammed for the attempted assasination?

JOSH KRYCER was alarmed almost two weeks ago to read that the identities of three fellow Australians living in Israel, including a friend, had been stolen and used by an assassination squad.

On February 26 - just as the first three Australian victims of the murderous scam were making headlines - Dubai authorities contacted Australian officials with secret information. A fourth Australian passport was possibly linked to the plot, they said.

That passport carried the photo of a smiling, dark-haired assassin. However, its name and details belonged to a man of similar appearance, though with a less prominent jaw.

Sydney Morning Herald

Improved security may or may not have helped in the above situation but the point i was getting at is that i would rather have improved security than risk someone impersonating me and getting upto mishcheif. It's the same for credit cards now, does yours have a chip in it?
They are just the same but with different information stored on them.

I have also seen stuff about London and all the cameras that were put in to curbe higher crime and stabbing rates, because for some reason there was massive problems with people carrying knives and using them.... well thats what i remember hearing on the news.

Oh and Pinegap, there's no actual proof on what that place does. To be honest it's almost as mysterious as A51 but obviously has a different purpose. It could be Echelon related, i really wouldnt know. lol next time i travel up that way i should drop by and ask
it's not that far from Darwin, NT.

I wouldnt want them having our fingerprints or DNA stored on file as a normal thing... that ''luxury'' is reserved for criminals... i wouldn't mind about an Iris scan so much and hey the security is good enough for the CIA then it's more than good enough for me

How do you know there isnt a DNA registry somewhere? We have all been inside a hospital once or more in our lives, ever had to give blood or a blood test? I served in the Australian Navy after school and i bet from the blood test's i had to do for my medical they stored by DNA on file ( for ID purposes after explosion etc ) but they never actually told me that, i am just assuming.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Ugh, can't we just go back to being groped and molested? I was just starting to enjoy it…

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join