It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the checkpoint of the future?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
so wheres the person prodding me with electrodes going to sit....i dont think theyv thought this tthrough

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Its weird how i misred the title and still my point is somehow on topic.

I wanted to say the checkpoint was exactly 9 years and 9 months and 4 days but like i said we are not talking about the same checkpoint here.. or maybe.

And i was thinking, Total recal is becoming a prophecy.
life on mars, rfid chip(smaller tho) and now those checkpoint. I loved how dumb this movie is lol and Arnie deliver a biblical performance. Hah!
edit on 7-6-2011 by eagleeye2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

not someone who's prepared to blow himself, and 100 other passengers, up. that guy will feed off the humiliation. if he was waivering about his intended mission and then was treated poorly, it would be one more reason for this guy, or gal, to go thru with it.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

True enough - but this whole scheme seems to be about getting people to willingly tow the line and agree to more monitoring and profiling. If it was really about security and (bomb threats as an example) why the 3 separate gate assignments?

They could just as easily design a gate that locks shut (if bomb is detected) and explode it on site. Problem solved. No bomb. No bomber (left, that is)...It would be weird though, being in the gate next to the one that just locked down because a bomb was detected - "what was that noise?" "Oh ya know, just a bomb and an unlucky bomber exploding in the next gate" ... keep moving ...

edit on 7-6-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

S & F.

We have got to get rid of DHS as is and euthanize TSA as is. As it stands US citizens are more at risk from their scanners and mouth-breather personnel than any number of terrorists.

All we've done is to swap terrorists in turbans for terrorists with Uncle Sugar's seal of approval.
edit on 7-6-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: Dratted add

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

if you have one gate that shuts on the bomb, you have a huge traffic jam. in an effort to expedite your travel, they're giving you the option of submitting to a background check to move you along faster and they're also attempting to cull out the so called "threats", in part to keep that normal line moving as fast as possible.

the background check thing isn't new. I recall a program being implemented a while back but it came with a hefty fee at the time.

If I travelled frequently, I'd let them run a background check. I do believe I had a check done on me a few years ago when I was a guest at a clinton fund raiser (Hilary and I was there for the free Bon Jovi concert, even though I don't like him much either)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
"The first -- and quickest -- lane would only be available to fliers who have registered and undergone background checks with their governments."

So if Iran or another Arab country was pissed at us their government could okay a suicide bomber on purpose?... Just an example. I see some major ways to abuse this system.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
heh heh

well spotted mr c
edit on 7/6/11 by WorstCaseScenario because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Honestly, I don't have a problem with expediting travel (esp. if I frequently travel) what I do have a problem with is intentionally making it difficult for those who do not wish to take that extra step. Now, I'm not saying they are doing that, but *if it becomes the standard to do so in order to push people into their preferred security choice, then that is a line that must be drawn. (Example: TSA wants people to use the body scanners. If you choose not to use the body scanners, TSA will intentionally make the alternative option so undesirable that in the future you *will choose to use the body scanners because your past experience with the alternative was (insert word of choice)...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by AshleyD

It will never fly (no pun intended). Demographics and socio-economics will dictate that specific groups will be far more likely to be stuck in the slow lane, hence it will be deemed discriminatory. The background checks will cost you money to obtain, which will also be considered discriminatory. 6 months in and the ACLU will file suit.

They will also not fit in small airports, simply changing the routes folks take who wish to cause harm.

If the government is pushing it, there must be some juice on the back end for someone. GE's selling the gear or some other criminal out of the DHS/military industrial complex involved in the firm that will likely get the no-bid contract for production, implementation and maintenance of these devices. Perhaps Michael Chertoff has topped out on the dough his shop made on the full body scanners and needs a new revenue stream.

I hope you are right dolphinfan. I have to confess I am getting more disillusioned by the day at the prospects of an effective (READ: "honest") SCOTUS appeal to this crazy nazi crap of "Safety At Any Price, Especially Your Freedom and Dignity".

Crakeur: lmao at the yellow lane comment. I do hope you are wrong about the nudity though: I live in Florida and no number of 20'something cuties in sling bikinis can make up for one 80 year old guy in a speedo - so can you imagine ALL of it "hanging out" ?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
All you people better hope you are squeaky clean and haven't made any enemies. Because all anyone has to do now is anonymously alert the authorities and mention you as a "person of interest" and you can kiss your flyin days goodby.

I have a list. Don't you????

Should have thought of that before you insulted and threatened me!!!

You didn't see this coming when the Patriot Act was signed?

It's a brave new world.....

Welcome to the Monkey House!
edit on 7-6-2011 by whaaa because: Pt pT

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I think thats where MALINTENT enters the picture.

It picks that guy out of the crowd; he gets the special treatment.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

can I wear pasties?????

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by redzareptile
reply to post by Crakeur

can I wear pasties?????

of course you can, until some crafty terrorist manufactures an explosive pasty, than they will be banned, like shoes, belts, underwear and whatnot.

Originally posted by burntheships
It picks that guy out of the crowd; he gets the special treatment.

if they ever set this system up, all they need to do is send in a plant, someone with a bomb or whatever on his body, have him get caught and everyone will love the new system.

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

Crakeur: lmao at the yellow lane comment. I do hope you are wrong about the nudity though: I live in Florida and no number of 20'something cuties in sling bikinis can make up for one 80 year old guy in a speedo - so can you imagine ALL of it "hanging out" ?

sadly, it's where we're headed and, since I'm closing on on the "ugh, that guy's too old and nasty to be shirtless" age, I'm not concerned.

seems to me, they are making it easier for those willing to be checked out, harder for those who they deem a danger and, for the rest of us, same as always although, with only one middle lane, the bulk of the travellers will be moving so slowly that they'll be praying they were on either other line.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Why are we putting up with this?

Honestly. This is just a disgrace. Its like every bad sci fi film showing dystopias of the future coming true right before your very eyes.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I have to go back and find my post from a few months ago, but this is EXACTLY what us CS folks thought would happen!

All of this inconvenience is paving the way for chipping, and REALID, and pre-registering. This is going to make people voluntarily give up their rights to privacy and think they are getting a great deal!

I will search through my old posts and find it and bring it back.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Like the idea.
Quick question. If there is no books- where does the pilot refer to when his board is lighting up with warnings.
Better yet how do we know who is pilot if the don`t have the cool hat.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yup. That was my first impression when reading this. First, make citizens think there is a huge problem (terrorism). Then create a huge inconvenience (TSA). Finally, implement something like a chip or electric ID because at that point, people would be begging for it.

Repeat with the illegal immigration issue. Problem (the real issues illegal immigration causes to the country). Inconvenience (carrying papers). Solution (national ID).

I'm sure the same play could work with other things.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WorstCaseScenario
heh heh

well spotted mr c
edit on 7/6/11 by WorstCaseScenario because: (no reason given)

You know we do not know the circumstances of this gentlemans situation. Does he have cushings disease/syndrome or he is just obese due to his habits. Chances are he is obese due to his eating habits, as that is the most likely cause of the change in the center of gravity of the aircraft.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

FOUND IT!!

Mom is right! Skip all the intrusive TSA stuff and scanners if you have the proper credentials and "Mark." Avoid all the lengthy banking applications and restrictions and fees if you have the proper credentials and the "Mark." Skip all the Healthcare fiasco if you have the proper credentials and the "Mark." Get VIP treatment at the grocery store if you have been preapproved, signed up, and have the proper "Mark." I could go on and on. All the pieces are there!

From This Thread!!

There is a lot more there with more links supporting the point, and links to an even earlier realization that this was coming!

Here is the final couple of paragraphs where I really tried to put illustrate where we are headed....

Most Importantly……….Imagine………………..
Having the Mark = Easy living! Banking, job hunts, VIP at the store, everything automated, everything just happens around you with little or no input. No security lines, no patdowns, no banking fees, no checkout lines, no paperwork with your insurance company, no filling out a job application or mortgage application, no renewing licenses, everything automated and quick and error-free!

VS.

Not having the Mark = strip searches, detainment, life as a second-class citizen! Bartering for basic necessities, avoiding any public buildings, avoiding all authorities, difficult travel, violent encounters, etc., etc.!

We are there! The TSA moves are the last domino to fall into place. Sit back and watch all the political fallout and the “Solution” that comes about!

One Solution solves all the current hot issues. The Mark, and the Software associated with it, can fix the banking industry, the credit industry, the currency fluctuations, the security risks, the Immigration problems, Healthcare Issues, Identity Theft, and just about everything else that the press is harping on at this moment in history! All we have to do is give up our privacy and our individuality and everything gets better, or we can stand on our principles, outdated voodoo, and mentally disturbed conspiracy theories and make things harder on ourselves and our children.

Conform now.

edit on 7-6-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join