It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin is NOT a brown dwarf

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logman

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Sky watcher

One, No it has 4 times the mass but not the physical size. Jupiter is a gas giant, Brown Dwarfs are mainly Iron Oxide. IE: Giant rust ball

Sorry. Completely wrong. A brown dwarf would have upwards of 10Jm. They contain very little iron, They are mainly hydrogen.

Two, It does not reflect hardly any light or emit it.

Completely wrong - Again! Brown dwarfs are reflective which is why one was photographed in the optical range at a distance of 9 light years.

Comets and their tails would be easily spotted by now.

The tail and coma were spotted long ago.

Three, It wont reflect even the suns light till it gets really close to us.

That sounds like two, but I'll let you get another error.

That's 3 whopping failures out of 3. Please read up on brown dwarfs. You missed on mass, composition, and reflectivity.

edit on 7-6-2011 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

I saluteand applaud you for tryig to bring reason and logic to truly ignorant and stupid people but this guy has got religion and Elenin. Do you realise how futile it is? Just create a list of all these Brown Dwarf believers and in September/October create a thread naming and exposing them for the ignorant fools they are. I plan to and I'm keeping track.

and i'm keeping track of those ridiculing the warnings and telling people there's no reason or evidence to prepare that suggests anything globally cataclysmic etc will occur. I truly hope something doesn't, but to say there's no evidence at all to be concerned or at least to make basic preparations, is whats foolish.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

reply to post by BIGPoJo

I am not claiming to know what Elenin is but everyone will know what it is for sure when it gets close at the end of this year.

What does that matter? Why would it have to get closer?

When it's closer those who think this is a brown dwarf or LOL Nibiru, will have to conclude that it is neither.That is all that will be proved but we will have to wait til autumn before the believers will reconsider their claims.

and the same can be said about non-believers... except the main difference is, if its as bad as many believers are concerned about, guess which side will be more prepared to weather the storm

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

reply to post by BIGPoJo

Quakes are apparently not generally caused by gravitational interactions of other celestial objects. Only the Moon appears to affect quakes on earth and then only a few rare low intensity types of quakes. The Sun, Venus, Jupiter, Mars do not have an affect on quakes.

key words: "APPEARS" and "not generally"

so its an opinion, not conclusive science fact. however since science is always making new discoveries and there's much science cannot explain, why are you implying its clear cut and dry black and white? Science has yet to fully understand inner-space let alone outer space.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseekr1111

and i'm keeping track of those ridiculing the warnings and telling people there's no reason or evidence to prepare that suggests anything globally cataclysmic etc will occur. I truly hope something doesn't, but to say there's no evidence at all to be concerned or at least to make basic preparations, is whats foolish.

You quoted a post and yet did not discuss any of the issues under discussion. Instead you admit that there is no evidence, yet consider it foolish not to be prepared.

What are you preparing for? What sort of an event?

Did you prepare for the years 2000, 2001, 2003, 2007, and 2011 when the world was supposed to be destroyed?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

and the same can be said about non-believers... except the main difference is, if its as bad as many believers are concerned about, guess which side will be more prepared to weather the storm

To claim that we need to be prepared for something that is not going to happen is just a waste of resources. If people were prepared for each of the nutty claims that various Chicken Littles dream up, then large amounts of resources would be consumed for nothing.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

key words: "APPEARS" and "not generally"

so its an opinion, not conclusive science fact. however since science is always making new discoveries and there's much science cannot explain, why are you implying its clear cut and dry black and white? Science has yet to fully understand inner-space let alone outer space.

The point is that large quakes are without question not caused by other celestial bodies. That's a scientific fact. There is conclusive evidence of that. On the other hand there is some evidence that the Moon may affect some uncommon low intensity quakes. Big quakes NO. Small quakes in general - NO.

The argument that not all is understood by science is a meaningless issue since in this case quakes are detected and correlations can be tested and the answer is a definitive NO.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

But, but, but, but, but ...... do you deny a mutant star goat will soon consume the Sun? Maybe Elenin is the mutant star goat? How foolish would you look if it was?

edit on 29-6-2011 by Essan because: typo

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
reply to post by stereologist

But, but, but, but, but ...... do you deny a mutant star goat will soon consume the Sun? Maybe Elenin is the mutant star goat? How foolish would you look if it was?

edit on 29-6-2011 by Essan because: typo

Stereologist and I aren't worried. We have reserve seats on the B-Ark!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
That link for 1st video, original post was from June 2010. Comet elenin was not discovered until december 2010.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join