It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin is NOT a brown dwarf

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

Here is another good example. The Deep Impact comet probe destroyed this "dirty snowball" theory a thousand times over. A probe went TO the comet. They took pictures too. They found NO ICE, no form of water at all. They have pictures of jets shooting out of the comet, as in the tail. NO WATER INVOLVED. A comet is a rock, just like an asteroid.

The coma and the tail are two different things. The Earth has NEVER passed through a comet's tail. This time it will.

Where did you get this nitwit claim? Water is a ubiquitous material. it has even been detected in the Sun.
Water-Spewing Comet Hartley 2 Is 'Hyperactive,' Scientists Say

www.space.com...

Hartley 2 spews out more water than other comets its size,

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
If gravity is all that's involved, how could a tiny comet, a mere fraction of the Sun's size, cause the Sun to do things like this?

edit on 17-6-2011 by CaptChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Well, I can't seem to post the youtube vid, but anyway......

A comet is tiny. It's gravity is negligible. It's gravity is not going to affect the Earth one bit. But, the Sun is huge. The Sun has a big influence on the rest of the Solar system. Now what if this comet Elenin has an effect like this on the Sun, just as it aligns with the Earth and the Sun on Sept 27, and causes the Sun to "reach out" to it in the form of a CME, coupled with the Earth being bathed in the comet's tail? The tail always points directly away from the Sun, it is not trailing out behind the comet as most people seem to think.

Think that might have some effect on the Earth? Such as, TEOTWAWKI?

I'm gonna try t o post the youtube vid again:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Can you explain this video, ie provide some sort of introduction?

I have a long standing position of not watching videos. I do that to save me tha agony of watching irrelevant stupidity.

What is in this video that you deem worth watching?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Where's the water?

By the 1980s, however, new discoveries began to force changes in the language of comets. The theorized surface water proved far more difficult to find than anyone had imagined. In 1986, visits to Halley’s comet by the European Giotto and Russian Vega probes failed to locate surface water and raised the distinct possibility that the nucleus might not be ejecting water into space. A feature story in the journal Nature following the encounter acknowledged that, “…only indirect and sometimes ambiguous evidence of water has been found; indeed, some facts seem to contradict this hypothesis”. The flyby of Comet Borrelly by the Deep Space 1 craft in 2001 “detected no frozen water on its surface”, according to a NASA release. "The spectrum suggests that the surface is hot and dry. It is surprising that we saw no traces of water ice," said the lead investigator Dr. Laurence Soderblom.

Then, in January 2004, the Stardust spacecraft passed by Comet Wild 2, identifying a dozen jets of material exploding from the nucleus. The craft plowed through surprisingly dense pockets of dust swirling around the comet, but investigators were astonished that they could not find even a trace of water on the surface, despite the energetic activity

By the time of “Deep Impact” on July 4, 2005, comet theory had fragmented into mutually contradictory hypotheses—a comet was a dirty snowball, an icy dirtball, a gravel pile, a rubble heap, or an easily-fragmented fluffball. NASA’s recent report on the Deep Impact mission suggests that investigators found a smattering of water ice on the surface of comet Tempel 1. The problem is that, to account for the water supposedly being “exhaled” by Tempel 1, the investigators needed 200 times more exposed water- ice than they could find. Advocates of the “electric comet” say that the issue here is not a question of fact so much as one of interpretation. Prior assumptions have hardened into dogma, which has prevented comet researchers from seeing possibilities that might be obvious to those who do not share the dogma. After noting that the surface of Borrelly was “hot and dry”, NASA scientists did not question their theoretical starting point. Soderblom did not doubt the presence of water somewhere. "We know the ice is there," he said. "It's just well-hidden”.

To solve the dilemma, scientists turned to modeling the possible chemical reactions with the help of supercomputers and spectroscopic observations, beginning with the assumption that volatiles “boil off” the surface via solar heating. From that starting point a theory passed into rigid beliefs and unwarranted statements of “fact”. As the space age has demonstrated so poignantly, the hardened beliefs did not give way even when later visits to comets not only failed to verify the assumptions, but produced a litany of surprises. No one should be permitted to state as fact the idea that large volumes of “water” fill the comas of comets. The scientific instruments do not see water. What they see as the most abundant companion of cometary dust is the “hydroxyl” radical, OH. In considering the source of OH, the theorists possess a deficient toolkit. Standard theory has little to work with other than photolysis, the process by which light absorption can break a molecule down into its separate building blocks. But conventional theorists, already “knowing” that the coma is a product of water boiling off the nucleus, concluded with equal confidence that the coma’s water has been broken down by the Sun’s ultraviolet radiation, forming the hydroxyl radical (OH) along with atomic hydrogen and oxygen. By this reasoning, the abundance of OH in a comet nucleus becomes a direct pointer to the abundance of water held by the nucleus. So the distinction between fact and theory is quickly blurred. A superabundant “leftover” of the hypothesized conversion of water into OH is hydrogen. But in truth, it is not easy to produce hydrogen though any process other than electrolysis. And there is a suspicious absence of adequate experimental work to verify that the photolysis assumed by cometologists is actually feasible on the scale their “explanation” requires.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Can you explain this video, ie provide some sort of introduction?

I have a long standing position of not watching videos. I do that to save me tha agony of watching irrelevant stupidity.

What is in this video that you deem worth watching?

Dude, dont' bother wasting ONE WHOLE MINUTE watching it then, it's obviously not going to convince your mighty intellect of anything. Just irrelevant stupidity from SOHO. It's just the Sun giving off a giant CME, like it always does, as a sungrazer comet passes. But don't worry about it. There's no reason a "dirty snowball" would attract a CME like that. It's just a coincidence. The fact that every time a comet passes close to the Sun it gives off a CME towards the comet, is also just coincidence.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Some of you say if it were a brown dwarf or something besides Elenin, then, there would be signs years ago. Well yes, there were signs years ago. I'm not on the brown dwarf bandwagon though. Below is a link to a report to show that since 2007 EQ's started spiking. It's a little lengthy but worth the read.

Link to report....

What gets me is all the attention it's getting from NASA and the U.S. Navy.

BUT there's more! Does anyone remember Comet Honda or Levy? Honestly, we should be more worried about Honda, it gets REAL close staring around Aug. 16th. Will Elenin & Honda have an impact on us this year, if so, to what extent? So there is something to get excited about...YAY!

Link to Elenin & Honda...

edit on 06/08/2011 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Also, I'm pretty sure I gave a pretty good "introduction" there with the video itself, you know, about how it was showing a CME from the Sun? Or did that confuse you?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Go back and actually read the thread. Both of the links you have provided have been thoroughly discredited.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Go back and actually read the thread. Both of the links you have provided have been thoroughly discredited.

Is that so? Funny that NASA has the same info on their website.

Edit: Can you show me that these two links I provided have been debunked? I would think if you had looked at them, then, you would know that neither one have been provided.
edit on 06/08/2011 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Here's a thread I think you'll find quite enlightening:
www.bautforum.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

Here's a thread I think you'll find quite enlightening:
www.bautforum.com...

What am I looking for in this thread my friend? The skeptics that say Comet Elenin & Honda do not exist and that all the EQ's & volcanoes are just mere coincedence? Or am I looking for the ones who say they do exist and the alignments are the reasons?

I do know that everything can't be explained by conventional science. For every one mystery debunked by science, there's a million more that can't.

By no means am I an astronomer or an expert BUT I do know how to discern fact from fiction. Regardless, I'll read this thread for I do like to hear boths sides of the story.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Is that so? Funny that NASA has the same info on their website.

Edit: Can you show me that these two links I provided have been debunked? I would think if you had looked at them, then, you would know that neither one have been provided.

I'm sorry, Omersbashich has been debunked so many times on so many of the Elenin threads that I wrongly assumed it had been so here. Allow me to assist you in your research by using the ATS search function:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In return, I would appreciate it if you linked to the NASA webpage that you claim contains the following information:

There appears to be some reservations among amateur astronomy enthusiasts, as well as privately funded entities, concerning Leonid Elenin's discovery of the Comet C/2010-1....

Now, how does this relate to the Mayan prophesy, you rightly wonder....

The Hopis prophecy....

elenin.org...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

What am I looking for in this thread my friend? The skeptics that say Comet Elenin & Honda do not exist and that all the EQ's & volcanoes are just mere coincedence?

No. The skeptics believe that the two comets exist, but are really comets. Certain Nibiru believers claim that the comets do not exist, but are a "cover" for Nibiru. Comets do not cause earthquakes any more than asteroids do.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I was not referencing that site for the Hopi prophecy and Nibiru. What it was for was the animated graph showing the orbits of both Elenin & Honda together. I do not think Nibiru exists nor a brown dwarf. Do I think all the hype about a small comet in Elenin is suspect, yes I do.

As far as NASA, they have both comets in an animated graph. I didn't mean for you to read about the Hopi crap, I should have said that...my bad.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

You seem to have stopped replying to me, smartypants. Cat got your tongue? Or keyboard? This kind of stuff makes me sick. I see what the real EU scientists have to put up with, the closed minds of others like yourself. And I doubt you are any type of astronomer, just some guy on a conspiracy website, yet you have WEAK illogical arguments.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I'm sorry you're sick. Some Tums or Pepto should alieviate some of it.

I don't seem to see or remember you ever calling me out in this thread sir. If I have offended or said something that struck a nerve with you I certainly appologize.

By NO means am I a scientist, astronomer, or any of the likes of you. But I do have an opinion and a pretty good knowledge of what I speak about. But thank you for bringing this to my attention. I shall not try to upset you again with my outlandishness, how dare I.

Sorry about the delay, I just got my tongue and keyboard back. Good day!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
No, I am the one who should apologize, it wasn't you calling me a nitwit.

Funny word though, anyway.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

It's cool, but I can be a nitwit at times haha.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
No, I am the one who should apologize, it wasn't you calling me a nitwit.

Funny word though, anyway.

Go look outside at night and tell me if you see a large object twice the size as Jupiter. Brown Dwarfs reflect light, are bigger than Jupiter (up to 75 times the mass of Jupiter!), and Elenin is in the orbit of Mars right now.

You wont find it. If two solar systems joined together, there would be MASS destruction in the orbits of planets, and Earth would probably move into an area of space that isn't habitable. Apparently Nibiru idiots think this brown dwarf carries an entire solar system.

NASA and others do claim it's existence, because it's an actual comet.

Like others have said, read the rest of the thread to learn something.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join