It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin is NOT a brown dwarf

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Brown Dwarfs give off infrared light and are not in the visible spectrum. Here's an animation of Comet Elenin UNFILTERED in complete visible spectrum by an amateur astronomer in Spain. Some other person on here just made a thread saying even professional astronomers cannot see it without infrared telescopes, I just wanted to show everyone how little research and how much some people make things up on conspiracy forums.

gustavomuler.fotografiaastronomica.com...

And below is a entire page of his animations and images of Elenin

Credit:

edit on 6/7/2011 by Tom_Proctor because: added information

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Tom_Proctor

Your right

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/08035a9e8e7e.jpg[/atsimg]

G1.9+0.3 is the Brown Dwarf,, i thought everyone already had the comet and dwarf seperated,,??????

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

PROVE IT.

Please.. make them stop,,, prove it prove it prove it pleassseeeseeee....

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

PROVE IT.

I second that motion.

what do I need to do to end the madness........

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

PROVE IT.

Not to mention, Leonoid Elenin (the guy who discovered the comet), used lfvn.astronomer.ru... which has no infrared telescopes.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
How is an animation supposed to prove anything? How can we honestly take anyone for there truths when you cant get a an honest one from anyone? I say we capture someone from nasa and torture them by tickleing them till they tell the truth or piss there pants and put it on u-tube lol or we can just really torture them lets take a vote

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Again with this...

The guy credited with discovering Elenin has said flat out Elenin doesn't exist .. these images look to be the same ones that get associated with the Elenin myth.. if I remember correctly, the man himself said the image often attributed to Elenin was something else entirely..

I personally don't believe the thing people call Elenin exists at all .. the fact that the man attributed to it's discovery said it was an internet hoax ( announced on April 1st no less ) and the fact that it's never been independently sighted or verified in any way that I'm aware of .. doesn't bode well for it..

The images shown of this thing seem to always be the same ones that are supposedly something else ... Where is there any actual verification of this object? .. because the images in the OPs post do not seem to be anything but the same rehashed images that for me at least, are considered part of the original hoax

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by andyr1112
How is an animation supposed to prove anything? How can we honestly take anyone for there truths when you cant get a an honest one from anyone? I say we capture someone from nasa and torture them by tickleing them till they tell the truth or piss there pants and put it on u-tube lol or we can just really torture them lets take a vote

Did you even read the original post? The animation is in visible light, not infrared. If it was a brown dwarf, that amateur astronomer with a visible light telescope would NOT be able to get the images required to make the animation. It isn't CGI, it's real images of it's real movement.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tom_Proctor

PROVE IT.

Not to mention, Leonoid Elenin (the guy who discovered the comet), used lfvn.astronomer.ru... which has no infrared telescopes.

Leonoid Elenin ... also the same man who said this thing doesn't exist? .. he told reporters his name was tied to an internet hoax, the internet hoax was posted on April 1st and has ran away with a life of it's own ever since

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

PROVE IT.

Leonoid Elenin ... also the same man who said this thing doesn't exist? .. he told reporters his name was tied to an internet hoax, the internet hoax was posted on April 1st and has ran away with a life of it's own ever since

Can you please provide links to a legit source that says Leonoid Elenin said it doesn't exist? This comet exists with legit coordinates, as shown in the original post. Otherwise nobody would be able to find it.

Harvard acknowledges it
www.minorplanetcenter.org...
JPL/HORIZONS acknowledges it
edit on 6/7/2011 by Tom_Proctor because: add data

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

PROVE IT.

Can you please provide links to a legit source that says Leonoid Elenin said it doesn't exist?

Actually I do stand somewhat corrected because I had a mistranslation of the interview.. here's how it goes ( and it's all over ATS if you do a search ) ..

A real comet was discovered by Elenin and automatically named after him, as is the general rule for things like that.. normal comet that will be a long distance from earth but can be spotted in October with the naked eye using something like a telescope.. mind you, comets get discovered fairly regularly.

On April 1st Argentine astronomers posted a snapshot along with a sensationalist article mentioning the comet was headed straight toward earth and appeared to be followed by what could be a fleet of UFOs.. this is when the Elenin mythology went viral..

“This issue continues to gain momentum. For instance, during the first week of May, the number of records of the comet Elenin are 30 times the number of posts that we made in April. “

The image commonly used is a comet but the image was supposed to also portray alien ships behind it which Elenin describes are just stars

This is actually a star. Just under a certain process of adding a few frames from the velocity of the comet, these stars are pulled in tracks.(???) In principle, any astronomer should know about this.

A text source: Russian astronomer Leonid Elenin comes out to debunk the "Extinction Level Event" psy-op

edit on 7-6-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I fail to see how so many people are equating a 4km comet to a Brown Dwarf Star or dare I say without rolling my eyes Planet-X
or earthquakes, volcano's, tornado's, or hurricane's, or your Grand mother falling, or etc, etc, etc... Some people seem to be so naive and believe almost anything that is put out there.
It kills me when I see some threads started about this also and use the term Proof and their link is to someones Blog site. Could someone please explain to me where these people are coming from?
edit on 6/7/2011 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

"On April 1st Argentine astronomers posted a snapshot along with a sensationalist article"
unquote

Are talking about this

"Wednesday, June 16, 2010 12:00

Spanish Astronomers Claim Dwarf Sun Beyond Pluto

Scientists at places like NASA and famous observatories have deflected inquiries about the discovery for a few years now, mainly because they feared being associated with these "fringe" theories. But like it or not -- it has happened. Well... According to a team of Spanish artronomers who call themselves the StarViewer Team.
The group made the rounds of all the news web sites in the past two weeks, claiming they discovered something very significant. It's almost twice the size of Jupiter and just beyond our furthest planetoid, Pluto. Although it's not a planet, it appears to have planets or large satellites encircling it. It's what astronomers call a "brown dwarf star" and its official name is "G1.9+0.3".

I already posted a pic of g1.9+0.3 (see above )

G1.9 was a Sun which went Super Nova,,,,,,,,,,,G1.9+0.3,, is a "piece" of that Super Nova.

G1.9+0.3 is a Brown Dwarf.

G1.9+0.3 is NOT Elenin ,, nor is Comet Elenin a Brown Dwarf,, the OP is correct.

Hope this may clear up some misunderstanding between the two.
edit on 7-6-2011 by BobAthome because: G1.9+0.3 is headed our way,, ie "this direction" (See Temple1 missle strike for diversion prep.)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
A misconception in this thread is that brown dwarfs are not reflective in visible light. All of the objects we see in our solar system except for the sun are visible due to reflection. A brown dwarf has a similar composition to Jupiter. Just as Jupiter is bright due to reflections o would a brown dwarf be easily seen if it were in the solar system.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

The StarViewer team's findings have never been corroborated and have been outright debunked. Furthermore, a supernova would not create a new star in the way that is suggested. The resulting shockwave can trigger the formation of new stars. It can also hinder the formation of new stars. However, the debris from a suernova will not become a brown dwarf.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Better not tell these guys then,,

"Fast Facts for G1.9+0.3:

Credit X-ray (NASA/CXC/NCSU/S.Reynolds et al.); Radio (NSF/NRAO/VLA/Cambridge/D.Green et al.); Infrared (2MASS/UMass/IPAC-Caltech/NASA/NSF/CfA/E.Bressert)
Scale Left panel is 5 arcmin across.
Category Supernovas & Supernova Remnants
Coordinates (J2000) RA 17h 48m 45s | Dec -27° 10' 00"
Constellation Sagittarius
Observation Dates 2 pointings between 02/10/2007 & 03/03/2007
Observation Time 14 hours
Obs. IDs 6708, 8521
Color Code X-ray (orange); Radio (blue); Infrared (yellow/white stars)
Instrument ACIS
References Reynolds, S. et al. 2008, ApJ Letters (Accepted)
Distance Estimate 25,000 light years
(Centre of Galaxy is 30,000 light years.))
Release Date May 14, 2008

I guess they have it all wrong.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by miniatus

"On April 1st Argentine astronomers posted a snapshot along with a sensationalist article"
unquote

Are talking about this

"Wednesday, June 16, 2010 12:00

Spanish Astronomers Claim Dwarf Sun Beyond Pluto

Scientists at places like NASA and famous observatories have deflected inquiries about the discovery for a few years now, mainly because they feared being associated with these "fringe" theories. But like it or not -- it has happened. Well... According to a team of Spanish artronomers who call themselves the StarViewer Team.
The group made the rounds of all the news web sites in the past two weeks, claiming they discovered something very significant. It's almost twice the size of Jupiter and just beyond our furthest planetoid, Pluto. Although it's not a planet, it appears to have planets or large satellites encircling it. It's what astronomers call a "brown dwarf star" and its official name is "G1.9+0.3".

I already posted a pic of g1.9+0.3 (see above )

G1.9 was a Sun which went Super Nova,,,,,,,,,,,G1.9+0.3,, is a "piece" of that Super Nova.

G1.9+0.3 is a Brown Dwarf.

G1.9+0.3 is NOT Elenin ,, nor is Comet Elenin a Brown Dwarf,, the OP is correct.

Hope this may clear up some misunderstanding between the two.
edit on 7-6-2011 by BobAthome because: G1.9+0.3 is headed our way,, ie "this direction" (See Temple1 missle strike for diversion prep.)

OK. Before this gets blown out of proportion (which it already has on other sites): This supernova remnant is not "just beyond our furthest planetoid, Pluto." It's near the center of the galaxy, approximately 2500 light-years away from us.

For those of you who are not familiar with interstellar distances, a light-year is the distance that light travels in a year (I want to say "duh"). In miles, that's 5,865,696,000,000--in one year; now multiply that by 2500, and you have an idea of how far away this is.

Pluto, because of its extremely elliptical orbit, varies from approx. 28 au (2,602,740,000 miles) to 50 au (4,647,750,000) from Earth. That's approximately 0.00044 to 0.00080 light-years.

Again: G1.9+0.3 is way-way-way far beyond our Solar System. You can stop worrying now....

EDIT: My mistake. A memory glitch made me say 2500 instead of 25,000. So G1.9+0.3 is approximately 10 times farther away than I remembered. So multiply the light-years above by even 10 more, and you can see that really is quite far away. So you may worry even 10 times less than before now....
edit on 6/7/2011 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

So please everyone stop saying Elenin is a brown dwarf,, it is not, finally cleared up once and for all ,, agreed.?

g1903 is the brown drarf remnent also agreed.

thank you

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

I didn't say it didn't exist, but it is nothing like what the StarViewer team describes. StarViewer claims that this supernova created a brown dwarf just beyond Pluto. The data you just posted states that it is a supernova remnant that is 25,000 LY away. Last I checked Pluto isn't even 25,000 AU away, let alone 25,000 LY. Also, a supernova remnant is not the same thing as a brown dwarf.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

What if it had some kind of forcefield, rendering it invisible?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join