It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hippies lying down in front of cars getting run over.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

I find it amusing you are all taking things out of context as if I am saying that all forms of protest are bad and pointless.

Calling protesters Hippies, is taking things out of context. Thinking that running over of protesters is ok, takes things out of context. You may not like what they have to say, you may not like the way in which they demonstrate, but to attempt to kill them goes against all things that Americans should stand for.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

You're obsessing over a technicality. I wrote hippy, because protesting has become synonymous with hippy. Would you rather I wrote, "War protestors, Pro-Life Protestors" etc in the title? Would that fit? It was inconvenient.

edit on 7-6-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

You people seem to be taking the side of the hippies/ war protestors/whatever immediately without considering the effect these morons have on people that are just doing their 9 - 5. These morons sit in front of these cars for hours, obstructing their own lives. You have people on this forum going about how "WHAT IF IT WAS YOUR DAUGHTER IN THAT HIPPY LINE?" and crap like that, well let me ask you something, "What if it was your daughter, your son, your family that you needed to provide for by going to work?" What if you had an emergency to attend to? blocking the street could screw that all up. Bandwagoners.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

or just protesters? Anyway, I dont want to take this thread anymore off topic than I had. People can come to their own conclusions about your position on this thread, in your own words, deal with it.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing

You people seem to be taking the side of the hippies/ war protestors/whatever immediately without considering the effect these morons have on people that are just doing their 9 - 5. These morons sit in front of these cars for hours, obstructing their own lives. You have people on this forum going about how "WHAT IF IT WAS YOUR DAUGHTER IN THAT HIPPY LINE?" and crap like that, well let me ask you something, "What if it was your daughter, your son, your family that you needed to provide for by going to work?" What if you had an emergency to attend to? blocking the street could screw that all up. Bandwagoners.
Oh no, what an inconvieniece, being held up for a bit. Sinse when did that make it ok to try and kill someone?

This thread is seriously messed up.

Just lay down everyone. Take it like a bitch cos there's nothing you can do. Do not protest because you won't be heard. Well I'd rather not be heard, than do nothing at all and be a subservient slave. This is why this world is so incredibly screwed. Good luck explaining to the next generation why we have so much death and destruction, and why you did nothing to stop it. Good luck telling them why we have no rights left, becasue you sat back and did nothing. I hope they forgive you.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
and what is worth dying for, in the middle of the street when,

only you and your people have a clue?

ya, don't forget i need to get to the liquor store, so don't care, get out of the way.

"dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy"

Life and Death.. two sides of the same coin, and as far as I am concerned any day is a good day for both. If you have a strong drive to make change then sometimes it takes some deaths for the mindless crowds to take notice.

It does not matter if your death comes in the middle of a street while protesting, as long as you died FOR something you strongly feel motivated by. Better that than to live mindlessly and die with a whimper.

There is no Honour in dying with a whimper. But I see so many now days do not understand Honour, let alone live according to it.

What some of us are trying to get across to you is simply that trying to make a difference is what is important here, and not the mindless who are only concerned with getting home or to the pub on time.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Oh no, what an inconvieniece, being held up for a bit. Sinse when did that make it ok to try and kill someone?

This thread is seriously messed up.

Just lay down everyone. Take it like a bitch cos there's nothing you can do. Do not protest because you won't be heard. Well I'd rather not be heard, than do nothing at all and be a subservient slave. This is why this world is so incredibly screwed. Good luck explaining to the next generation why we have so much death and destruction, and why you did nothing to stop it. Good luck telling them why we have no rights left, becasue you sat back and did nothing. I hope they forgive you.

Some protests have a greater meaning, and what help would it be if you have to provide for your family and you run over a protestor and spend the rest of your life in jail. Is two hours late for your job really worth someone's life?????

If you even think yes for a single second
Then you will definitely be going to a down right foul place after this life.

And to be honest if it was my family i had to provide for, i am sure that if i went to work and said

Me="sorry im late, i had to crush two protestors on my way to work", Boss= "we know police are waiting for you at reception",

No more providing for my family and no more seeing them. so 2 hours and a bit of a howling from the boss or the guilt of murder and facing court........ hmmmmmm which weighs more on the scale - LIFE or TIME

can people please stop trying to say it is okay to mow people down because you cant get somewhere on time.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

"Oh boohoo, war this, war that, let's sit down in front of cars in rush hour traffic!
"

As for the others, lying down in front of a car is again, just plain stupidity, and blocking people's cars with bicycles is again, asking for trouble.

They all got a reality check, maybe they'll do something more productive. I don't care about pro-war, anti-war, pro-choice, pro-life, whatever, just don't do stupid things about them.
edit on 6-6-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

True enough...but what of the stupidity of the drivers who are likely going to be charged with Manslaughter now simply because they got sick of waiting......

Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of stupidity to go around in these clips, but it seems that while the protesters were being stupid, and being A-holes for making people late simply to push their own cause, it's the drivers running them over that are the true imbeciles here.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
protesters need to organize....they need to find out the location, or, where the people are that can EFFECTIVELY make changes.
if it is a oil corporation, you find out where the CEO has his mansion, call the local media, and you have 50 people go lie in front of his gates.
if it is legislation that you want changed, you go to the committee chairman and/or members, that have a say over the intended changes in policy or law. you get the idea?
people need to be smart about what they are doing, and lately, there doesn't appear to be many people with that particular qualification.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I find this hilarious

Pretty much says it all.

Those of us with undamaged and properly functioning brains are wired in a way that does not allow us to find joy in fellow human beings undergoing extreme distress.

Good luck with your life though.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Sad that some say protesting is useless, worthless, has no place. Protesting, if seen, can raise awareness to issues and is pretty much the only medium left for We The People to express our politics. We don't get press releases and blocks of time on network television.

Doubly sad are those of you saying these people deserve bodily harm. While this might not be the most intelligent way to protest, no one "deserves" to be hit or run over by a car. This is a cold mentality and in my opinion it's this lack of compassion and care for anything other than one's own ideals that makes this world such a horrible place. If we had a little more love for those around us we'd almost surely live in a better world. Shame on those of you who say this is deserved. Shame on those of you who criticize those who stand up and speak out for what they believe in, while you sit in your moms basement and post your opinions on the internet.

Perhaps if marches and traditional protests were given any kind of coverage in the mainstream media these people wouldn't feel they needed to resort to such dangerous acts.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

"I was once asked why I don't participate in anti-war demonstrations. I said that I will never do that, but as soon as you have a pro-peace rally, I'll be there."

Mother Teresa

It's futile to take issue with each other while we all suffer as the victims of the oligarchy we've allowed to be created.

TPTB relish in these types of occurances.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Wasn't there an album put out in the 60's that made fun of George Wallace or the anti-war crowd with something like "he that lays before my chariot shall not rise again."

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I don't like the current trend of this thread.

do not protest that inconveniences people..protest in areas that create no effect.

you are powerless, just accept governments rule and don't bother protesting..don't bother drawing attention to anything..just submit and accept.

Yes, I understand...laying down in traffic seems like a pretty dumb thing to do overall...in every crowd there is some psychopath that will gladly ride over people. do things that won't result in death when that idiot makes himself known..so, whats some good alternatives then? chaining yourself to buildings? laying down in mass on sidewalks? whats a good compromise that won't end up in graves, but will cause significant attention..

I would have to agree with you on this one. A complete Psyop thread.
Don't protest or we will run you over. I am not really the protest type, and I think they are stupid, but I don't like the tone of this thread.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Michelangelo
It's kinda s***ty that the commentator called the guy in the first video a coward. I think he was a hero. Now those idiot high schoolers probably won't be doing such foolish and pointless protests.

People need to learn that their voice will not be heard. Does anyone think for a second that our government is going to say, "hey, these random high school kids reckon we shouldn't participate in a war, we should listen to them." The only thing it does is cause a major inconvenience and annoyance to everybody else. Maybe they should move to a middle eastern country where they'll actually have a reason to protest something.

People won't be heard? Wow, thanks for all the support man, now we can all just give up and kiss our asses goodbye then, huh?

Why does it bother you that these people want to protest by sitting in front of cars? How about those Black people that did protests who were shot at, had dogs attacking them, had fire hoses and riot control methods deployed? How about those Monks who sacrificed their life via catching themselves on fire?

If you believe in something, so strongly, then it is definitely worth fighting for, no matter the cost...But that is a concept you'll never grasp because you are happy taking it in the rear without lube, as it seems you'll never stand up for something. Even if you don't believe in their protests, at least show them some respect for actually trying to make the world a little better...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

No, they dont seem to be acknowledging all the change protest has brought. Not every success was won by violence.

In a democracy, protest SHOULDNT be a powerless limp wristed method of calling for change. You should not need to kill off those in power every time there was an imbalance. Its only when democracy has failed that you should need to resort to violence to get your needs met, and the reason our democracy has failed is because of a lack of people willing to protest when problems are small enough to be dealt with that way. While the democracy is still viable.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Calling protesters Hippies, is taking things out of context. Thinking that running over of protesters is ok, takes things out of context. You may not like what they have to say, you may not like the way in which they demonstrate, but to attempt to kill them goes against all things that Americans should stand for.

Well said.

It has come to my attention that the people that criticize these protesters are also in other camps defending ideologies with insane rationalizations. These people are the most judgmental and often more than not, you've guessed it, religious. They say that you are taking things out of context / twisting things, while it is as clear as glass that they are the ones taking things out of context. They are also, very, very fearful people. They are very ignorant about history as well.

All that's left is to warn them;

Do not let yourselves be desensitized further.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azp420

I find this hilarious

Pretty much says it all.

Those of us with undamaged and properly functioning brains are wired in a way that does not allow us to find joy in fellow human beings undergoing extreme distress.

Good luck with your life though.

Might I add besides our brains not able to produce happy chemicals when confronted with human suffering, most of us do not place money over people. I can't imagine what kind of people would choose to run over people to get to work, or what kind of bosses would fire someone being late just one occasion despite that employee explaining he couldn't bring himself to kill people in order to get to work. And they have guns too you say?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
Protest has its place, but in the end is really just a limp wristed way of admitting that you are powerless to anything about the problem you are protesting. It follows that such an admission would lead to such stupidity.

The alternative is complacency.

Even the bears in china, go spastic and rip them selves apart to get the 'butterfly' out of their stomach as the chinese keep them in confined cages extracting bile from their bodies.

Lie down and die, or revolt with every fiber of your being?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JudasIscariot

Starred your post.

You at least are a human with a heart and see how sick the initial comment was.

You are not a coward, you are cautious.

In my youth I did some very rash things, I stood up publically and proudly against the tyranny (yes I keep using that word folks, cause that is what has swept our planet).

Now, I am more prudent because I know that trying to save humanity is probably a lost cause.

If people do not believe in David Icke's "reptilians" than look no further than some of the cold blooded, cruel remarks many on this sad thread.

Some of these posts are truly scary because so many of these "people" have lost their humanity.

Anyone saying, so what, none of our business, stupid protester, should go to your local ER and see someone brought in that has been run over by even a small car. I was in nursing and have cared for people just barely hit, not even full blown run over. Usually when someone is hit and run totally over they come away either dead or their body never the same.

Most of these posts are heartless, immature and clueless.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
You shouldn't run over people.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join