It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hippies lying down in front of cars getting run over.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I don't know, JP. Mebbe, mebbe not. Accomplishments have been made through protests -- The Suffrage Movement, case in point. A few voices eventually led to thousands, and look what they were able to eventually accomplish. It was a courageous and magnificent undertaking, and they were successful.

As I have said, protest has its place. However, it is revealing that you used the suffrage movement as an example of the power of protest. Voting is the very least people can do in affecting change, yet today voting is considered to be the end all and be all of freedom, which explains why so much of our freedom has been restricted. Hmmmm....

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

Your remark was you found this humerous..................that deeply disturbs me.

Maybe you were not being serious, just being glib and I missed it.

Anyway, I worked in nursing and while most of you have never seen a person run over by a car, I have.

She was a stupid kid that tried to stand up for what she believed in........look at the pictures of the victims of war.

She protested war, which is nothing more than a chess game using live human pawns for the elite.

Still, I found your post ugly, and distasteful.

Someone that would help a victim wouldn't have made a remark like you did.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

Someone that would help a victim wouldn't have made a remark like you did.

Because you believe that someones emotional state is tied to their actions. While it may seem so, it is not correct.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Sometimes in order to revolt against tyranny one must be brave..............with that sometimes comes death.

If our forefathers had not been brave and revolted we would still be bowing to Elizabeth II

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3aa94b645469.jpg[/atsimg]

Don't you folks get it..................our votes no longer count, our system of "freedom" is a sham and people are starting to wake up and revolt.

My heart goes out to the brave souls that stood up like heros and to those of you that laugh and scorn them, I say you are dumbed down cowards.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

edit on 6-6-2011 by LadySkadi because: nvm

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Standing up to a tank does not equal standing up to a 9 - 5 white collar schmo at a highway. One is brave, the other is inciting needless trouble. One is fighting for what you believe in, and one is hanging out with your friends "rebelling".

Are you one of the people that got run over? Are you the guy that stood up to that tank, or fought in some revolutionary movement? No? Then you are not in any place to go calling other people dumbed down cowards.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I've been wondering what happened to all the anti-war protesters? Apparently, anti-war demonstrations are only in fashion when there's a republican president in office. Did you notice that as soon as Obama was elected, all the war protesters went home? Where is Cindy Sheehan?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Torgo

Good post..............and I'm not even Christian.

Christmind but not Christian. and yes I bet you are right, most of these people posting so what the stupid kid deserved it - are Christian.

Starred because you are a human with a heart..............I guess all the pod people haven't taken over yet.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I find this particular "cause", more of a "noneofyourbusiness" cause, but respect their right to do it, as I know you do also. I don't find a parallel with a child having a tantrum. Apparently this was an organized protest that went very wrong. ( I don't respect anything that includes impeding the rights of others, and these protests have been going on for ... decades?)

But I do respect their get-up-and-go efforts to be heard, and have been pleased that we can participate in protests without worrying about being shot down by our government. I guess being mowed down by our fellow citizens is more of a concern.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

No, I protested the war in Viet Nam and the War in Iraq.................protesting tyranny is protesting tyranny.

Our governments no longer listen to us.

The time has come for a second revolution.

It begins with peaceful protests...............how far it will go, will enough people have the guts to stand up to this BS that has taken over Washington?

Again, your initial comment was in my opinon very sick.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I agree with most of what you are saying. I do think that impeding the rights of others in the form of protest is akin to a child having a tantrum, but I most assuredly respect your right to disagree, and always respect your opinion. It is nice to "see" you by the way.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I know that I'm a coward, that's why I admire these people... What about you?

The human race is a race of cowards; and I am not only marching in that procession but carrying a banner.-- Mark Twain

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Ditto. I've missed you.
Everybody seems to have a strong opinion about this, and I wonder how much of it has to do with the subject of the protest?

Oh, well. Think I'll go crack some jokes on the weiner threads. lol.
edit on 6/6/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I agree with you here that we need a second revolution but the way things are going, peaceful protests don't seem to be the answer anymore, as you can see, people don't care in the vid.

reply to post by JudasIscariot

It's not about cowardice, it's about the method used. Using your brains, not just your balls.

Regardless, I am not afraid of danger or pain or situations involving them, so no, I am not..

Adjective: Excessively afraid of danger or pain.
Noun: A person who lacks the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things.

Would you say you are a coward using that definition?

Coward =/= lazy.

edit on 6-6-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
There have been many times I have felt like running people over, especially when someone is walking on the street and think they own it.

Anyway, these protesters should have known that something like this was bound to happen. They took the risk and some of them lost.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Oh, right, I'm the one with the problem here for not finding humor in the pain and suffering of others. Excuse me for experiencing what was once basic human emotion, I forgot the world is mostly filled with sociopaths these days.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Torgo

Excuse me for not breaking down in tears everytime someone gets hurt in the world my little sensitive puppy. I'm sure you'd be the first to go in an event involving said violence. What you going to do? Cry your enemies to death?

Anyway, here's another

Palestinian throwing rocks at cars get run over

What do people expect?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by j-man
Is it really that stupid to asume another person won't run you over with his car? What excuse would you have for not stopping, considering you might seriously injure or even kill a father, husband, son, friend or whatever.

Easy, just ask your typical ATS poster.

"Their politics are different from mine, so I say let's kill 'em."

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I didn't break down and cry, but the furthest thing from my mind while witnessing such things is some childish joke. Grow up.
edit on 6-6-2011 by Torgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Torgo

I did not once make a childish joke, I said it was hilarious, that's about it. What the hell does my emotional state have anything to do with the matter of the video? You are the one that should grow up there little boy, step out of that little coccoon of yours and see that this kind of crap happens every day, everywhere. Feeling bad about it does nothing to help that person, thus that emotion is useless and all it does is bring YOU down.

Acting on said emotion is a different matter.

Oh and, if you're going to say "Just because it happens all the time doesn't make it any less meaningful" then that means there is miscommunication.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join