It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hippies lying down in front of cars getting run over.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I agree with everyone who says the only way people will pay attention is if something crazy happens. Nothing will get done if you stand in front of a building with signs and shout things. Thats just retarded. VERY retarded. Its insanity according to Einstein. The only way to get through to people is to do drastic things, that's the only frigging way. I commend these people and to all of those all over the world who don't give a poo anymore so they put their lives on the line to prove a point. Its admirable and its proving way more than sitting at home complaining about it. Id love to see some of you stand up for your beliefs. I highly doubt you will though because your afraid. These people aren't. And that makes them better than you.
Respect

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Wow

So many of the replies show exactly what is wrong with the world today.

I find it hard to believe so many people think of other's lives as something far less valuable than their own time, which makes them no better than the Jihadists, the Hutu in Africa, etc.

All the armchair judges who don't get off their own butts to bring about change but happily call anyone who does a loser deserving of what they get. You self-important, ungrateful s.o.b's disgust me.

Change starts with a few people. And as more people finally get off their own butt..when they finally feel adversely effected themselves.. the numbers grow and force the change needed.

I'd like to know how many of these types of responders are in the under 30 age group.. because that is the group who grew up (if we could call it that) to see themselves as the centre of the universe and everyone as lesser.

edit on 7-6-2011 by Tayesin because: dyslexia

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by reesie45
I agree with everyone who says the only way people will pay attention is if something crazy happens. Nothing will get done if you stand in front of a building with signs and shout things. Thats just retarded. VERY retarded. Its insanity according to Einstein. The only way to get through to people is to do drastic things, that's the only frigging way. I commend these people and to all of those all over the world who don't give a poo anymore so they put their lives on the line to prove a point. Its admirable and its proving way more than sitting at home complaining about it. Id love to see some of you stand up for your beliefs. I highly doubt you will though because your afraid. These people aren't. And that makes them better than you.
Respect

Amen, if I jump in front of a bus wanting gay marriage legalized and I'm a transvestite. It'll get legalized because that is a powerful message. You need to have an axe through your head before they listen to you nowadays, so sad though

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

get involved politically! how bout that?

you will be runned over and forgotten.

except by your family, which will think you were an idiot, in the first place.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I find it a little disturbing that people can't stop their moving death machines (aka cars) so that they don't injure somebody...but to be honest...i've seen worse where I live...these are nil in comparison...i have little faith in people so I would rather not step in front a vehicle regardless

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by Tayesin

Hi fooks,

Anyone who wants to create change will not succeed via the political avenues because those already deeply entrenched in the system insure you do not. History has shown us this fact over and over again, and those of us who have been around long enough to know will tell you so..

I don't know anyone who would think me an idiot for doing SOMETHING when almost everyone else is too scared to do ANYTHING themselves.

And no mate, I don't think I would be "runned" over... I might get run over by some idiot who cares more about being 10 minutes late than anyone else in the world.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

And even then people don't realize it. Look at all the people dying and being tortured in the middle east or wherever else they do it. Its a shame, and no one cares enough to do a **** thing about it. Makes me sick.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Most of you have seen this before but...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by Tayesin

will tell you so..

I don't know anyone who would think me an idiot for doing SOMETHING when almost everyone else is too scared to do ANYTHING themselves.
Thats what I said. Ill admit it id be afraid to put my life at risk. I have too much to live for now. 5 years ago maybe i would but not now. Ive never been this happy, and i don't take anything for granted anymore like almost every human does. Im not scared of death, im scared to leave my loved ones behind. i remember a quote once said, for some people living just isnt enough, they must live for something, and die trying.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

......... for some people living just isnt enough, they must live for something, and die trying.

Exactly. And thank you for sharing it here today reesie.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

I added the die trying part but you get the jist lmao.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

......... for some people living just isnt enough, they must live for something, and die trying.

Exactly. And thank you for sharing it here today reesie.

and what is worth dying for, in the middle of the street when,

only you and your people have a clue?

ya, don't forget i need to get to the liquor store, so don't care, get out of the way.

"dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy"

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Well....they really earned their Darwin Awards.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I cannot believe that some of you find this acceptable, or even funny.

what if that person was either your son, your daughter, your mother, your father, your brother, your sister or your friend, the story would change wouldn't it, you wouldn't be laughing or smiling or feeling just a little bit disturbed.

You would be horrifically terrified as to their well-being and some of you may even go into depression, you will be extremely disturbed and extremely upset.

Now imagine somebody in the world who ever knew the protestants will be feeling that, you may still laugh but that just makes it clear to me and those who are, that you are still immature and GOD forbid, but the only way you may understand is if something of this magnitude happens to you.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing

"Oh boohoo, war this, war that, let's sit down in front of cars in rush hour traffic!
"

so your insulting people protesting for peace and against our corrupt governments?? wtf is wrong with you?

i agree their methods are a strange and probably pointless but still...their intentions are there

ive always said peaceful protests will get us nowhere...untill regular people join together and forcefully overthrow our governments they'l never leave and you'l never truly be free.

just need people to realise colletively we are stronger than any government

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

You have a disturbing mentality, this is the second time I have used the term 'disturbing' in ATS. Running over innocent men and women is murder (or attempted murder). For you to laugh at it, or blame the victims is like me blaming your daughter for getting raped.

Please think before you speak/write.

If you support the murder of people blocking traffic, then why don't you do it yourself, instead of supporting or justifying others who do it?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
A lot of people here, saying "they get what they deserve" by being run over. Most of you probably have no problems with the TSA. You'll allow a government to molest you, and delay your flights for several hours, "to keep you safe", but if someone lays down in front of you, and "blocks traffic", you think it's fine to run them over so you can get to your cubicle not a minute late?

Yea, human sacrifice for the machine, really does come to mind. Thats what people are willing to do to get to their f-ing cubicles and crap jobs as soon as possible. World of idiotic savages.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Stupid idealistic youth, just wanting to make the world a better place, they will soon learn that it is better to lose that innocence and develop a sense of cynicism about everything, so much so that when they get behind the wheel of a car they will have no problem running over other idealistic youngsters.

kids dont protest, just sit behind your xbox and play call of duty, get yourself ready for when your country next goes to war.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I can't help but think that some kids are making these comments for the lulz that come from attention due to their outrageous comments. It's really not worth commenting further on them.

As for the 'hippys' (which I am not sure they even are), I salute you. True warriors that have done more for society than many credit them for.

Stay strong.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

Deal with it.
reply to post by confreak

Deal with it.

reply to post by woodwardjnr

&

reply to post by Goathief

I find it amusing you are all taking things out of context as if I am saying that all forms of protest are bad and pointless.

You'd think that after 10 years of protests, the anti-war "activists" would have done something more productive instead of sitting in front of cars in peak hour traffic.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

My point was that their reasoning behind doing this said traffic blockade was not out of some holier than thou crusade, it was a selfish purpose. This purpose was of self-entertainment, they are young, they jumped on the bandwagon of trying to be "cool" and play adult.

And in the end, they did something stupid such as this, what did they expect? They live in a fantasy world where everyone will band together under some glorious white light and sing kumbayah while holding hands. They had a reality check, notice how in each of those videos the person holding the camera is surprised that someone acted that way. I laugh at that, that is what I am laughing, and now I am laughing at some of you. I am laughing at some of your naivette, I won't blurt out names, i can't be bothered bringing this down to the personal level. But you people believe that you can change the world through peaceful means when you have supposed government kill squads around the corner ready to torture you. When your own neighbour is probably in on it and doesn't give a crap because he just wants his paycheck. That is what I am laughing at.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join